Transfer Market | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Market

I think we nab one but depending on what Jesse does, the transfer may only be a support player but not a huge contributor. Now, if Jesse takes it talents elsewhere, then JB better get a starting C

I think we nab one but depending on what Jesse does, the transfer may only be a support player but not a huge contributor. Now, if Jesse takes it talents elsewhere, then JB better get a starting C
Why would Jesse leave, he has put himself in position to be the huge favorite to be the starting center next season. Of course, if wahab came that could be a game changer.

Why would Jesse leave, he has put himself in position to be the huge favorite to be the starting center next season. Of course, if wahab came that could be a game changer.
This is going to be a nutty offseason. I wouldn't blame one single person for leaving besides Buddy because JB is yo yo about his rotations. He's finally coming to his senses to play a bench/players who make sense in the zone.

You can put yourself in position all you want but if you dont get the opportunity, what's the point

This is going to be a nutty offseason. I wouldn't blame one single person for leaving besides Buddy because JB is yo yo about his rotations. He's finally coming to his senses to play a bench/players who make sense in the zone.

You can put yourself in position all you want but if you dont get the opportunity, what's the point
I’d say there’s a 100% chance we get at least 1 of Joe/Kadary back too

I'm a little worried about our big guy situation. I can see a mass exodus because they all want playing time. I hope Jesse stays because he's in line for big minutes and I hope Frank stays to develop and get some minutes next year...but it wouldn't shock me if we lose JBA and Frank. We will have to hit the portal hard if that happens. This will be a wild offseason like no other and that's saying a lot considering cuse always has some crazy stuff happen with recruiting/transfers it seems like. I think its safe to say with how the transfer market has been so far that we will be losing some guys under normal circumstances that we probably wouldn't.

Frank knew the situation when he came and was not part of the plan this year. Jessie too. They both will get major minutes next year. If they enjoy SU, they will stay. They have more guaranteed minutes here than anywhere else. If Marek stays, that could change everything because JB will be tempted to play him at the five spot.

I'm a little worried about our big guy situation. I can see a mass exodus because they all want playing time. I hope Jesse stays because he's in line for big minutes and I hope Frank stays to develop and get some minutes next year...but it wouldn't shock me if we lose JBA and Frank. We will have to hit the portal hard if that happens. This will be a wild offseason like no other and that's saying a lot considering cuse always has some crazy stuff happen with recruiting/transfers it seems like. I think its safe to say with how the transfer market has been so far that we will be losing some guys under normal circumstances that we probably wouldn't.
I agree with you. But I do think replacements would be plentiful. I’d love to keep 1 of Jesse/Frank. I consider JBA gone

Frank knew the situation when he came and was not part of the plan this year. Jessie too. They both will get major minutes next year. If they enjoy SU, they will stay. They have more guaranteed minutes here than anywhere else. If Marek stays, that could change everything because JB will be tempted to play him at the five spot.
I think Jesses increased PT will help on convincing him to stay

Reuvers is a interesting transfer. 6'11 with decent size.. All time leading shot blocker for Wisconsin (shot blocking and zone are a match made in heaven)
He struggled from 3 this year and I think lost his starting spot for some games. Just a option in case we lose some guys.

uh there is a huge thread dedicated to this in the main basketball board

No surprise--this is a major problem for all D-I head coaches.

Great quote from Larranaga. A lot of these kids are delusional and getting very bad advice.

“Almost every college basketball player, I don’t care what level — low-major, mid-major, high-major — the main goal is to get to the NBA and I think that’s tragic. I think you should go to college to get your degree and if an opportunity comes along that you can’t pass up, then go for it.

“But right now, with NCAA rules changing from having to sit out a year to being eligible right away, kids are going to look at the transfer portal as their vehicle for success. In their minds the grass is greener somewhere else, but as we all know, in life, that’s not always true.”

Think we have a solid shot at Wahab. Myles Johnson is going out west
I just can’t imagine Wahab coming here. He was the main guy on Georgetown. Why would he transfer to a school that clearly he’s not the primary option on offense / or a school that doesn’t offer the high level talent around him that will give him national spotlight?

Also he listed off a handful of schools that he’s considering. Syracuse isn’t one of them

Is Osun Osunniyi a possibility?

Who are the possibilities at gaurd? Gotta need at least 1 more right?

Any regular recruits that might pop into the picture now that there are a bunch of open roster spots?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom