Class of 2019 - Transfer Season | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Transfer Season

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
The list of players deciding to transfer after 4 games is growing quickly. Here's a partial list:

WR Jalen McCleskey Ok St. (Starter)
WR Jonathan Nance Arkansas (Starter)
WR Nate Craig-Myers Auburn (Starter)
TE Jalen Harris Auburn (Starter)
DB Jayvaughn Myers Auburn
RB Taj Griffin Oregon

The list of players deciding to transfer after 4 games is growing quickly. Here's a partial list:

RB Taj Griffin Oregon

This is both interesting and crazy. I dont know about all these kids, but McCleskey basically quit "mid-season" because he didnt think he was getting enough touches.

The NCAA is going to have there hands full tracking eligibility for some of these players.

Last edited:
I was told that McClesky has some "familial" connections in Syracuse. No interest from the coaches that I see yet.

This is both interesting and crazy. I dont know about all these kids, but McCleskey basically quit "mid-season" because he did think he was getting enough touches.

The NCAA is going to have there hands full tracking eligibility for some of these players.

I think the onus will be on the school to make sure they're not playing an ineligible player.

If McClesky doesn't think he's getting enough touches then he might be a head case. We don't need that in the locker room. Plus we're pretty solid at slot next year with Riley, Johnson and Lutz.

Can I ask why these people have decided to transfer already? Is this something new? New NCAA legislation?

If McClesky doesn't think he's getting enough touches then he might be a head case. We don't need that in the locker room. Plus we're pretty solid at slot next year with Riley, Johnson and Lutz.

If we're going to go after anyone at WR that's a transfer, it should be a deep threat. Although with Hendrix and Jackson it's probably not a necessity. Really wish Jackson had been ruled eligible this year.

If we're going to go after anyone at WR that's a transfer, it should be a deep threat. Although with Hendrix and Jackson it's probably not a necessity. Really wish Jackson had been ruled eligible this year.
Where the heck have you been hiding?

Where the heck have you been hiding?

I've been lurking. I took a long break from posting post recruiting season last year because I got really tired of the condescending know-it-alls to be honest. The Jawhar Jordan thread was the straw lol.

But I handed over the recruits and offers thread to Cuselegacy before I left so that would at least continue to be updated.

I've been lurking. I took a long break from posting post recruiting season last year because I got really tired of the condescending know-it-alls to be honest. The Jawhar Jordan thread was the straw lol.

But I handed over the recruits and offers thread to Cuselegacy before I left so that would at least continue to be updated.
Well good to see you back. What's your assessment of this year's FB team? Exciting results so far, no?!

Who says it's up to date? I will happily give it back to you. ;)

With the new rule, they can redshirt this season and then I assume grad transfer and play immediately at another school next year.

I always assumed the school had to agree to the redshirt as well. Why should OK State being putting up a scholly for a kid who has quit on them? I dont have a problem with the kid unenrolling or paying full freight. He would still be ok under the 4/5 rule. But why should the university continue to prop him up?

Well good to see you back. What's your assessment of this year's FB team? Exciting results so far, no?!

Oh there's a lot of reason for optimism. I always said even when Marrone was the head coach, when we get to a point where we see 3-4 true freshman playing each year because of ability and not because of lack of depth, that we'll have turned the corner. And we're seeing that this year, Howard and Cisco were physically ready to play from day 1 and are making an impact, and Taj Harris, although imo still not completely physically ready, has the talent to jump the depth chart and make plays already. It really speaks volumes to the turnaround that Babers has been working on, young guys are playing not because of a lack of talent or lack of depth but because they are THAT talented.

And arguably our two best recruits from last year - Adams and Jackson, haven't been able to touch the field yet and will be physically ready from day 1 to challenge for starting roles next season.

Other promising things - D Line is a beast right now and I expected that, as long as they remained healthy I thought we had a top 3 D Line in the ACC this year. And that sets up your defense so well, it makes things so much easier for the backers when the D Line is commanding double teams on the line and wreaking havoc.

Tommy D looks as good as advertised, we are finally at a point with the QB depth chart where we have a person who can come off the bench, that was recruited for this system, and has proven that he can WIN games. Another turning the corner sign.

A lot to be excited about and I think 7/8 wins and a bowl game, barring any significant injuries, is extremely realistic looking at the rest of the schedule. This is definitely a down year for the ACC and is a fantastic year for us to be on an uptick. This type of season optically looks great and will help a great deal with recruiting down the stretch.

I always assumed the school had to agree to the redshirt as well. Why should OK State being putting up a scholly for a kid who has quit on them? I dont have a problem with the kid unenrolling or paying full freight. He would still be ok under the 4/5 rule. But why should the university continue to prop him up?
Doesn't matter if the scholarship is pulled or not - it's still a redshirt year. Also, don't know when the tuition check goes through - his semester may already be payed for. Wouldn't be surprised if scholarship language is updated to combat this.

If the TE is any good, I'd take a look at him. We could use some depth there.

RB Taj Griffin Oregon