Transfers , Decommits, and the next couple of classes | Syracusefan.com

Transfers , Decommits, and the next couple of classes

BludOrange

All Conference
There is most likely going to be a good number of transfers after today's breaking news imo, but not quite sure there will be any mass exodus other than L'ville.
If there us a whole bunch of transfers, do we go after any? Or sit back and hope other schools do, allowing us more opportunities to land highly rated/ranked high schoolers in the next few classes?

There is most likely going to be a good number of transfers after today's breaking news imo, but not quite sure there will be any mass exodus other than L'ville.
If there us a whole bunch of transfers, do we go after any? Or sit back and hope other schools do, allowing us more opportunities to land highly rated/ranked high schoolers in the next few classes?
It's certainly a possibility. I have to think that after some investigation, if found to be not involved, some of those kids will be able to transfer and be eligible to play immediately without having to sit a year.

I'm back on the market! Get your checkbooks ready folks! ( Actually, scratch that - Cash/unmarked bills only.)
Candy Grams work well too...
100Grand2.jpg
payday-candy-bars-box-127369.jpg

Anyone who accepted a dime is ruled ineligible.
Yep. The challenge is figuring out who got paid. At this point, would you trust a 5-star decomit from UL? Or Zona? If it comes out later that they were paid, it's a disaster.

Even a kid who was offered money by a rogue program but never got it ... chasing this stuff down is not easy, and the risks are considerable.

Last edited:
Yep. The challenge is figuring out who got paid. At this point, would you trust a 5-star decomit from UL? Or Zona? If it comes out later that they were paid, it's a disaster.

Even a kid that was offered money by a rogue program but never got it ... Verifying this stuff is not easy, and the risks are considerable.
All of these players are tainted now, some of them probably wrongfully. I don't see how any major program would take the risk of signing them.

Even a kid that was offered money by a rogue program but never got it ... Verifying this stuff is not easy, and the risks are considerable.
They will have their pick of community colleges.

All of these players are tainted now, some of them probably wrongfully. I don't see how any major program would take the risk of signing them.
I hear what you are saying but after a few days or weeks many programs are going to cool down a bit and start thinking "I need to look into signing this recruit or my opponent will". They are legit five star players and they will play somewhere next year.

I hear what you are saying but after a few days or weeks many programs are going to cool down a bit and start thinking "I need to look into signing this recruit or my opponent will". They are legit five star players and they will play somewhere next year.
They may very well play somewhere next season, as the NCAA moves very slowly with its own investigations. But, they'll be gone the following season, and the schools that took them on for that season will be left to bear whatever consequences that ensue if the kids turn out to have been ineligible.

I hear what you are saying but after a few days or weeks many programs are going to cool down a bit and start thinking "I need to look into signing this recruit or my opponent will".

They are legit five star players and they will play somewhere next year.

Yes, in the NBA where they can be paid legally.

This was asked in the other thread and my answer remains the same. No.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom