Transfers , Decommits, and the next couple of classes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Transfers , Decommits, and the next couple of classes

I think timing matters here.

Kids decommiting like, right now? Buyer beware.

Kids that wait to see what plays out at their school might be legit.

Pretty sure there's no room at the inn this year. I'm in the camp that says stay away from any of these guys and stay the course with the recruits we are still in with. There won't be room for them next year either if we close out the class the way it appears we will.

What happens if a school closes down a program midterm? Players go where? How can a school with tanited coaches or recruits be sure existing players are clean?

Pretty sure there's no room at the inn this year. I'm in the camp that says stay away from any of these guys and stay the course with the recruits we are still in with. There won't be room for them next year either if we close out the class the way it appears we will.
Sure there is. Taurean left us for seton hall and a new Kia Sol for his mom. We definitely have his slot open

Sure there is. Taurean left us for seton hall and a new Kia Sol for his mom. We definitely have his slot open
His spot is currently open but without some waiver from the NCAA, no current player decommissioned (say from Louisville) will be able to play without sitting out 1 year. Regarding the high school recruits decommitting, they are available on the market but problems come with a "buyer beware" label.

What's the danger of bringing on one of these players beyond losing them in the future if they accepted payment to play for their previous institution?

wait we have people saying all the kids are getting paid, yet we kids decomitting and we arent sure if they are OK to go after? so which is it? if its been going on for years as many say then most of the guys on the radio are lying when they talk about it..

fran fraschilla, [URL='https://www.google.com/search?q=dan+dakich&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiavNiL6MbWAhXnllQKHeuvDdIQvwUIJSgA']dan dakich, jay Bilis, danny Kanell etc[/URL]
[URL='https://www.google.com/search?q=dan+dakich&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiavNiL6MbWAhXnllQKHeuvDdIQvwUIJSgA'][/URL]
They all would be have been involved in the time frame this all took place in fball/bball at a level they would have know about it. Havent heard one person come out an say they know it to be true, yet they all condemn it.

If you coached in the last 15 years and everyone is doing it they they were doing it. If they didnt do it, then they knew who was.

What is the statute of limitations on this stuff? it cant be more than 5-10 years for this type of crime is it? Why has no one really come forward after they leave if they cant be punished in any way and they are out of the business?

Again if its everyone then no one can leave to go anywhere since they are all tainted. any why would people pay shoe money to kids who are not high stars since there is almost no chance they blow up? Wouldnt you wait until they blew up and then tried to get in on them? otherwise you are throwing hundreds of millions away every year just guessing on the a thousand kids and how do you hide that in the books?

if you want to say its any given year 5-10 kids/schools I would but that.. i dont but its every school and most of the kids getting a cut of even 5-10K.. there kids could not all hide that much money without screwing up and people exposing it? too many dumb kids out there with dumb parents who dont have the money to hide it..

you go back to the Marcus Dupree story and others of the late 80s, they werent hiding it, people were covering it up or ignoring it, but today too many people talk, twitter, chat, facebook, blog for every kid to hide it that well..

I don't want any of the players from the teams involved. Just knowing there will most likely be a little less competition for some recruits in the upcoming seasons has got me excited. You have to figure that some of the top tiers of players won't consider those schools for a while. It will be nice to not have Zona, Miami, or Louisville to compete with for a lil bit. Even if those schools weren't competing for the same recruits as us, it still will create opportunity when those recruits eat up a scholly somewhere else. Maybe next time, Duke doesn't have room for a Tucker?

Why has no one really come forward after they leave if they cant be punished in any way and they are out of the business?
Shaq did, barely heard about it. Would like to hear more from him now.

I am pretty sure we lost our center. Wouldn't it make sense to see if we can get a center before the year starts? I know its risky but...thoughts?

I am pretty sure we lost our center. Wouldn't it make sense to see if we can get a center before the year starts? I know its risky but...thoughts?
We aren't necessarily in a terrible spot at the 5. As JB mentioned, we have what we need there. We have two guys that can defend downlow. When we can block and challenge shots down low, we can build transition offense off it.

More to your point, I wouldnt mind a 5 star center at all. However, in this case, some of these players and their aau teams may be just as sketchy as the fired assistant coaches etc. we're lucky not to have been mentioned so far. Id suggest treading lightly and not sticking our noses in unnecessary drama.

I apologize for not seeing this thread. I understand there are concerns with going after these kids but who isn't going to go after them? If we don't some other high major program will and will benefit from it. All I'm saying is we basically don't have a center this year so wouldn't it be possible to at least have this discussion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom