Transplanted Northerner rips residents of Central New York | Syracusefan.com

Transplanted Northerner rips residents of Central New York

Dumb article about some trollish character who wants to flaunt how superior he is for having moved from CNY to hot, humid SC in the summertime. We would call him a snowbird under other circumstances but he probably can't afford the gas money to drive up here for the summer. Waste of time... :blah:

I almost clicked on that until I saw *Poliquin* in the link. Phew...

I can't even recall a Grob coached team that drew LESS THAN HALF of capacity. Less than 25k for a football game? I'm not buying it. And I've been to them all.

Pretty sure some of the big dogs like ND, or OSU, or Michigan have bench seats as some were built decades prior to the dome.

Grade A

I can't even recall a Grob coached team that drew LESS THAN HALF of capacity. Less than 25k for a football game? I'm not buying it. And I've been to them all.

Pretty sure some of the big dogs like ND, or OSU, or Michigan have bench seats as some were built decades prior to the dome.

Grade A
Look at Clemson's stands. It looks to me like they have bench seats as well. Doak Campbell has bench seats as well (saw FSU-UF there). Didn't matter though because everyone stood the whole game (not just students).

I'm a transplanted northerner for the time being and all I do is complain that the pizza and chicken wings suck, that it's too hot, and that they show the wrong baseball games on their regional coverage. Couple that with my inability to see a Clemson fan and refrain from saying "WVU just scored again" and this has been a pretty interesting summer.

Clemson doesn't know what real Orange is.

Yes, I am a northern transplant in SC and I have 6 Clemson alums on my block.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374544371.956092.jpg

He's got a point... no bench seating at Clemson.

Finally Dud found a way to express his real feelings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Blue's impact on Clemson football

Blue's Heisman pose:
images

Blue plays football:
main.jpg

Blue leaves her mark on Clemson football:
Clemson%201.jpg

Letter to the editor from today's PS

The Dome’s low ranking no surprise

To the Editor: Michael Cohen’s article about the Carrier Dome was interesting, if not surprising reading. The results of the Carrier Dome’s rankings in various categories were not shocking. The non fanfriendly complex has grown dated and lost much of its appeal to many Central New Yo rkers.

A steel bench is nobody’s favored choice for seating, thus all of the ridiculous impromptu orange seat backs that are sold. The seats themselves are retrosized for a medium adult and not half an inch more.

Syracuse University, ever flush with capital, should seriously consider reconfiguring the Dome within its own footprint. If no action is taken, the university will have a true albatross to deal with as the facility ages.

How about a retractable roof for football, lacrosse and field hockey? A restructuring of the seating plan with a reduction in number of seats would provide more fan comfort and create more of a demand for tickets.

Going from about 49,500 to say 42,000 seats would be a wonderful means of addition by subtraction for the paying customer. ———

Dan Larusso

Liverpool

To the Editor: Michael Cohen’s article about the Carrier Dome was interesting, if not surprising reading. The results of the Carrier Dome’s rankings in various categories were not shocking. The non fanfriendly complex has grown dated and lost much of its appeal to many Central New Yo rkers.

A steel bench is nobody’s favored choice for seating, thus all of the ridiculous impromptu orange seat backs that are sold. The seats themselves are retrosized for a medium adult and not half an inch more.

Syracuse University, ever flush with capital, should seriously consider reconfiguring the Dome within its own footprint. If no action is taken, the university will have a true albatross to deal with as the facility ages.

How about a retractable roof for football, lacrosse and field hockey? A restructuring of the seating plan with a reduction in number of seats would provide more fan comfort and create more of a demand for tickets.

Going from about 49,500 to say 42,000 seats would be a wonderful means of addition by subtraction for the paying customer. ———

Dan Larusso

Liverpool

Sweep the leg. :D

I bet all these people complaining about the Dome don't even attend the games. There is nothing wrong with the Dome. If the fans show up we have one of the best home field advantage in football . End story
Honestly, it's one of the best stadiums. There isn't a bad seat in the dome (unlike the nose bleed half of any mega stadium), the inside is unique and interesting, and the temperature is really, really good. Sure it's hot during the early season games, but Alabama/Florida/Texas/Mississippi/Louisiana/South Carolina/Georgia in August isn't exactly chilly either... And, if a warm September game means that I don't have to sit in 3ft of snow for the second half of the season (Pennsylvania/Michigan/Minnesota/Wisconsin/Indiana, I'll enthusiastically take it. Our problem isn't a facilities problem. It's a people problem. We need to work on the pre-game environment.

Honestly, it's one of the best stadiums. There isn't a bad seat in the dome (unlike the nose bleed half of any mega stadium), the inside is unique and interesting, and the temperature is really, really good. Sure it's hot during the early season games, but Alabama/Florida/Texas/Mississippi/Louisiana/South Carolina/Georgia in August isn't exactly chilly either... And, if a warm September game means that I don't have to sit in 3ft of snow for the second half of the season (Pennsylvania/Michigan/Minnesota/Wisconsin/Indiana, I'll enthusiastically take it. Our problem isn't a facilities problem. It's a people problem. We need to work on the pre-game environment.
A member of Rutgers support staff sat on the 20 yard line halfway up in the first section 2 years ago. She kept raving about the Dome and how there were no bad seats unlike RU's stadium.

People like to rationalize or make excuses why they don't go and this is one they hold onto. My feelings on this attendance problem is that too many fans just want to get in and out and go on with the rest of their day/night which is one reason why basketball is so popular. To me, football is a whole day experience or at worst/least 6 hours of SU football activities. I'm not sure Victoria Secret strippers could attract a pre-game big crowd before games.

I'm so sick of, and angered by these stupid conversations about the dome. And it all stems from guys like Cohen scratching together any "story" they can dream up just to get morons like this guy to speak his mind.

It's best for my well being to continue to enjoy my Dome, and leave this topic alone.

I'm so sick of, and angered by these stupid conversations about the dome. And it all stems from guys like Cohen scratching together any "story" they can dream up just to get morons like this guy to speak his mind.

It's best for my well being to continue to enjoy my Dome, and leave this topic alone.

What, wait?? Roll up windows are in cars anymore??

Funny he lives in a town called Seneca...

Didn't click the link, but good riddance.

Some of the most unpleasant people are those negative ex-pats; unhappy here and evidently unhappy down there, too. If people don't like New York, that's too bad for them. Move along; good luck finding someplace with a comparable quality of life that suits your tastes.

Dan Larusso

Liverpool
Someone should tell him that the "non-fanfriendliness" of the dome has no impact on attendance. You go to watch the team play not to marvel at architecture. And his statement isn't even true. If it was, basketball games wouldn't have good attendance either. I remember when they built the chiefs park. They had an initial bump in attendance because people were curious, but ultimately it went back to what it was before because nobody cares about the team.

How about a retractable roof? Yeah, how about that? Does he have any idea how much that would cost.

Oh, by the way, the dome is much newer than many stadiums that aren't being considered for replacement.

This guy is just a moron that thinks the university has unlimited funds and is holding out on the community. He needs to get a clue.