Traveling to Clemson - 9/29 | Syracusefan.com

Traveling to Clemson - 9/29

UnknownOrange

2023 Cali Award Winner Points Scored
All,

Has anyone looked into this? Did anyone do it in '16? I am very interested in going but looking for all info I can!

Thanks!

Check out the Tailgating forum. There's a thread on there about the Clemson game. Great place to see a game!

I was there in ‘14.
Good venue, just be prepared to walk a bit (as in quite a bit) between the stadium and tailgate location(s).

I was there in '16...be prepared to walk about a mile. Look at the "U" Beach for parking. So far there is no organized board tailgate...maybe it will change.

A5E715BA-DE0C-478C-A43C-1C28F72608F1.jpeg

I had a great time. All of the Clemson fans were very welcoming. My son was eight at the time and had not yet been to the Carrier Dome. He was amazed at the 80,000 plus at Death Valley. This guy called him“Cuseboy” and insisted that he get his picture with him.

Much more hospitable than NC State.

View attachment 128380
I had a great time. All of the Clemson fans were very welcoming. My son was eight at the time and had not yet been to the Carrier Dome. He was amazed at the 80,000 plus at Death Valley. This guy called him“Cuseboy” and insisted that he get his picture with him.

Much more hospitable than NC State.

Cuseboy ; )

I was there in '16...be prepared to walk about a mile. Look at the "U" Beach for parking. So far there is no organized board tailgate...maybe it will change.
I will check with the church and see if it is available this year. If so, we will put it together.

I won't know for awhile...but I might be able to make this game.

The good, bad, ugly as Clemson continues to grow

As Clemson University attempts to grow its student body from its modest days of 15,000 students 10 years ago to the goal of more than 30,000 in the coming decade, construction of new buildings and dorms will continue to pop up on both the academic and athletic campuses.

The Clemson athletic director admits Clemson’s growth could hurt the atmosphere that makes Clemson so special on football Saturdays. Right now, Clemson has at least $130,000 people on campus for big games with 85,000 of those in the stadium.

“As we continue to grow on campus, we have to come up with smarter ways to be able to get people to have a good experience for football games,” Radakovich said. “A few years ago we started some of our remote parking out near the Seneca River area and people have enjoyed that who have used it.

“We kind of got the bus lane and they get dropped off over at baseball so it is pretty easy, especially if you live going towards the Atlanta area, Seneca and out that way, you can get out of the game quickly and that has kind of helped ease some of the other traffic.”

With the new softball complex going up in 2019, Clemson will have to eliminated some of the parking behind Doug Kingsmore Stadium.

So I guess gbo maybe this is the year you have to host the syracusefan board tailgate at Clemson.;)

The good, bad, ugly as Clemson continues to grow

As Clemson University attempts to grow its student body from its modest days of 15,000 students 10 years ago to the goal of more than 30,000 in the coming decade, construction of new buildings and dorms will continue to pop up on both the academic and athletic campuses.

The Clemson athletic director admits Clemson’s growth could hurt the atmosphere that makes Clemson so special on football Saturdays. Right now, Clemson has at least $130,000 people on campus for big games with 85,000 of those in the stadium.

“As we continue to grow on campus, we have to come up with smarter ways to be able to get people to have a good experience for football games,” Radakovich said. “A few years ago we started some of our remote parking out near the Seneca River area and people have enjoyed that who have used it.

“We kind of got the bus lane and they get dropped off over at baseball so it is pretty easy, especially if you live going towards the Atlanta area, Seneca and out that way, you can get out of the game quickly and that has kind of helped ease some of the other traffic.”

With the new softball complex going up in 2019, Clemson will have to eliminated some of the parking behind Doug Kingsmore Stadium.

So I guess gbo maybe this is the year you have to host the syracusefan board tailgate at Clemson.;)
I'm not a fan of the growth I'll say that much.

I definitely would...if I hosted my own tailgate haha. I'm more of a float around to several spots kind of guy. ☺

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom