Tressel Interviewing @ Akron | Syracusefan.com

Tressel Interviewing @ Akron

They'll need two new offices. One for Tressel, and one for the NCAA investigator who takes up permanent residence.

Wow, no way. Why wouldn't Illinois go after him? ASU? UCLA?

Because of the heat it automatically brings to your program
What about the fact that he was a good coach? He cheated at OSU, doesn't mean he does all of this stuff at a new school. He's likely learned his lesson. I'm sure a school would trade a BCS championship for a few naysayers during the initial hiring.

What about the fact that he was a good coach? He cheated at OSU, doesn't mean he does all of this stuff at a new school. He's likely learned his lesson. I'm sure a school would trade a BCS championship for a few naysayers during the initial hiring.
Have you ever been sprayed by a skunk? If so you know it takes a while to get the stench off of you. His best bet would be waiting it out a year or two before jumping back in. The NCAA will be watching him like a hawk. Never said he wasn't a good coach I just personally wouldn't want that heat on my program if I was the AD.

Didn't he get into some trouble at Youngstown before going to OSU? Don't think he learned any lessons yet.

Didn't he get into some trouble at Youngstown before going to OSU? Don't think he learned any lessons yet.
Being from Youngstown, I can attest to that. However, any team in NE Ohio that brings him in will benefit immediately. Guy has strong connections. Of course they will also be on probation in a few years as well. Maybe its worth it for an Akron. I've been to Akron, they need something!

It's not often you see a guy go from 1AA to 1A national champion, back to 1AA.

Have you ever been sprayed by a skunk? If so you know it takes a while to get the stench off of you. His best bet would be waiting it out a year or two before jumping back in. The NCAA will be watching him like a hawk. Never said he wasn't a good coach I just personally wouldn't want that heat on my program if I was the AD.

Would still be worth taking a chance on. And you can get him with a lower price tag.

I agree to disagree on this one with you Rocco even though I do understand the point your making

hey recruiting violations don't seem like much right now considering the news. Akron needs a ton of help and he would do that. They need a jolt of something. It would be huge for Akron

Akron has a beautiful new stadium, too

It's not often you see a guy go from 1AA to 1A national champion, back to 1AA.
hmmm, Akron is in the MAC.

Although not light years ahead of FCS it is FBS... Somewhere between the SunBelt and C-USA.

This guy is a life long cheater who should not be allowed to coach young men. He was rigging the raffles at summer camps as a grad assistant. He is a joke, writes a book about winning with spiritual insights, please. I cannot stand people who preach but dont practice. The stupid part is all he had to do was not hide what the players at Ohio State were doing.

hmmm, Akron is in the MAC.

Although not light years ahead of FCS it is FBS... Somewhere between the SunBelt and C-USA.

It was a joke. Akron has been the worst team in 1A in 2010 and 2011. Good 1AA teams would beat them.

It was a joke. Akron has been the worst team in 1A in 2010 and 2011. Good 1AA teams would beat them.
understood... Mr. Sagarin would seem to believe that 5 FCS teams would beat our Orangemen.

Tark cheated everywhere he went and was successful. I think Tressel should be able to get a BCS job. Maybe not a big time program, but certainly a middling or lower one. IMO he should wait until Butch Jones decides about Illinois. Cuz Cincy would be a nice fit for Tressel. Or even Louisville if Strong leaves.

Tark cheated everywhere he went and was successful. I think Tressel should be able to get a BCS job. Maybe not a big time program, but certainly a middling or lower one. IMO he should wait until Butch Jones decides about Illinois. Cuz Cincy would be a nice fit for Tressel. Or even Louisville if Strong leaves.
I don't see the Cincy thing happening. Even if Jones leaves (he'd be dumb not to) there is too strong an OSU tie in Cincy for Tressel to be considered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom