Trevor hitting that crazy three from the corner .. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Trevor hitting that crazy three from the corner ..

Harshness for Patterson. I understand he makes some mistakes and his shot isn't falling, but if you watch other stuff in the game, he does positive things quite frequently. His amazingly long arms are also very disruptive in the zone. Is he Dion, MCW, Triche, Scoop, etc no, but our team is limited this year and he's contributing. I don't have a problem with the kid. And you know there is a game coming where goes 3 for 3 from deep and then his bandwagon will be bursting at the seams.

He is not a good player. The only SU guard he would play ahead of this century is Joseph. His playing time is based on his competitor, not his ability.

Really, because I have been told on this board many times how good a player Joseph is and he just needs a little time and experience. Well Paterson is better in most phases of the game right now, and does not have that much more experience. You may be surprised what increased PT and a little better shooting will make Paterson look like. The form on his shot is there, maybe a bit more arc, a little better shot selection and confidence which comes with more PT and Paterson will be much better than your post suggests. Sorry but can not agree with your post at all.

Patterson was the player JB went with in crunch time the last two games. He is a good player and getting better. Needs to work hard on his offense but the all important defense is much better than Joseph right now.
he's not a good player. that is, he's not Syracuse good. But he believes in himself, he's competent on defense and he's all we've got as far as reasonable bench players.

he's not a good player. that is, he's not Syracuse good. But he believes in himself, he's competent on defense and he's all we've got as far as reasonable bench players.
Everyone should remember he is just a Soph, and I can remember at least a couple Syracuse guards that looked worse than Bus at this stage and ended up being very, very good. Just to name a one Laz Sims, there was also the kid from Philly that my old brain can not come up with a name for.

I do not see why anyone is bringing up McCrosky, he had an attitude problem that I have not seen any evidence of from Bus.

Bus is going to end up as a very important part of this years team.

Everyone should remember he is just a Soph, and I can remember at least a couple Syracuse guards that looked worse than Bus at this stage and ended up being very, very good. Just to name a one Laz Sims, there was also the kid from Philly that my old brain can not come up with a name for.

I do not see why anyone is bringing up McCrosky, he had an attitude problem that I have not seen any evidence of from Bus.

he's already an important part, but only because there are no parts left.

I agree that he is not Louie Mac, but he is what he is - a not particularly talented but energetic and team-oriented player.

That shot was gmac esque. Love the confidence!

Meanwhile Buss misses a lot of shots... that look like theyre dropping. I feel like he'd be 50% from 3 if he could add 3 inches to the arc of his shot.

I think you're onto something here. The one he made was over a guy so he added a bit of arc to that and it was a beauty. Good call.

I think you're onto something here. The one he made was over a guy so he added a bit of arc to that and it was a beauty. Good call.

gwh_mirror.jpg

he's already an important part, but only because there are no parts left.

I agree that he is not Louie Mac, but he is what he is - a not particularly talented but energetic and team-oriented player.

Well talent is kind of relative, you are right he is not talented at the elite level, but those types are few in number. I think he has enough talent, given coaching and him learning from that coaching, to be in the level that becomes very competent journeyman guards. The type of player that every successful team simply must have on their roster. His ability to play good defense is actually his greatest asset, not saying it can not improve but the raw material is there.

Well talent is kind of relative, you are right he is not talented at the elite level, but those types are few in number. I think he has enough talent, given coaching and him learning from that coaching, to be in the level that becomes very competent journeyman guards. The type of player that every successful team simply must have on their roster. His ability to play good defense is actually his greatest asset, not saying it can not improve but the raw material is there.
I don't even think he's a necessarily that good a defender; he's just better than KJ at the moment.

and remember that he's not your typical 19 year old sophomore - he's 22. if he's not at his developmental ceiling, he's scraping it.

No one saw anything from Sims for 4 years. When he got a chance, hello FF.

Harshness for Patterson. I understand he makes some mistakes and his shot isn't falling, but if you watch other stuff in the game, he does positive things quite frequently. His amazingly long arms are also very disruptive in the zone. Is he Dion, MCW, Triche, Scoop, etc no, but our team is limited this year and he's contributing. I don't have a problem with the kid. And you know there is a game coming where goes 3 for 3 from deep and then his bandwagon will be bursting at the seams.
IDC about mistakes. His offense is putrid. He is not a threat to score, but he is a threat to shoot.

He is not a good player. The only SU guard he would play ahead of this century is Joseph. His playing time is based on his competitor, not his ability.

Way too harsh. Patterson is active defensively, got a key offensive rebound in our comeback (that didn't count as an offensive rebound but was), and hit a big three-pointer to keep contact in the second half.

He's not great by any stretch but is a high D1 athlete and plays defense.

I am baffled at how poorly he shoots. I really am. I played against the guy three times his PG year at Brewster and the two things I came away really impressed with was his ability to shoot and drive and dish for teammates. I think he has showcased well that he can drive and dish, but his shooting is kind of comically bad. He has zero confidence right now in his shot

JB made a comment on his radio show that he reminded him of Stephie Thompson (I think it was him) - takes him 5-10 shots of missing everything in practice and then he starts hitting 18 or 19 out of 20 from three.

(I'm assuming he means at game speed in practice - not shootaround, but who knows...)

Which is fantastic - except you don't get to miss 10 in games while acclimating yourself before you start hitting.

That's ok. On-je-dude used to get PT for the same reason. There is nothing wrong with having a guy out there who gives 110% every minute he's on the floor.

I love any kid who plays really hard.

Patterson is significantly better on defense than joseph.

It's not a coincidence our D tightened up with Ron in the game, imo.

In fact, the reason we seemed to not be able to get over that hump the few times we cut it to 1 was just because we allowed some tough transition makes by wake, often 4 point swings as we missed a few good looks leading to it. Credit them for attacking the rim.

Its pretty straightforward.
Patterson is one of the two best one on one defenders on the team, and nobody is near him and rak now that cmac is out.
He had a steal/tieup in overtime with 2:36 left clear as day the ref blew the call with a bad whistle. He adds alittle offensively to the team as he attacks the rim more and is good for 2-4 more three attampts a game that you won't get from kaleb.

People can be tough on kaleb but hes doing ok for a fresh. The announcer made a great point last night. I Wish he had some kind of shot when the shotclock is running down, as opponents will cut his passing lanes. If there is any midrange jumper he needs to learn to make, its the late in the shotclock ones. Maybe him and rak should use a screen and roll more later in the shotclock.

I was all like

58059728.jpg

The best thing about this meme is I had my first visit to Shakey's before the game.

I might have to make it a tradition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom