Triche double-cross & 1st half | Syracusefan.com

Triche double-cross & 1st half

Rocco

Watching you.
That Triche double crossover in the beginning of that game yesterday was a thing of beauty. Not only did he completely knee lock 2 guys in a row, he also managed to score on the play in which he was clearly fouled but no call on the lay-up. He got up after landing hard and showed more emotion than I've ever seen out if him. I was so jacked up after that play.

That 1st half by BT was nothing short of spectacular. 7-7 with 4 3's. It was like old school NBA Jam, "he's on fire!!!". Very GMac NCAA title game 1st half-esque.

Great, great W. When we want to play, we can clearly beat anyone... Even short-handed.

That Triche double crossover in the beginning of that game yesterday was a thing of beauty. Not only did he completely knee lock 2 guys in a row, he also managed to score on the play in which he was clearly fouled but no call on the lay-up. He got up after landing hard and showed more emotion than I've ever seen out if him. I was so jacked up after that play.

That 1st half by BT was nothing short of spectacular. 7-7 with 4 3's. It was like old school NBA Jam, "he's on fire!!!". Very GMac NCAA title game 1st half-esque.

Great, great W. When we want to play, we can clearly beat anyone... Even short-handed.

Absolutely. He froze both of those guys. The other move that caught my eye was the athleticism of Grant's spin. Obviously he didn't convert, but that was a flash of upside. Hak like.

44cuse

Loved his back pick to start the game with that oop to christmas as well. He did it all yesterday.

Triche is always fouled driving to the basket. A.L.W.A.Y.S.

Heresy? Yes, but on that play, I was reminded of a very famous hoop made by Michael Jordan (in a playoff game, as I recall).

Prediction. Next game (maybe even Monday) that Triche goes 3-9 from the field with 1-4 from 3, someone will say he didn't come to play even if he is busting his hump out there. Too many people equate shots falling with coming to play.

Loved his back pick to start the game with that oop to christmas as well. He did it all yesterday.

Set play to start the game and well executed by everyone.

I couldn't believe how high up Brandon was on his release for that shot. Dieng definitally fouled him and had he missed there probably would have been a whistle.

Prediction. Next game (maybe even Monday) that Triche goes 3-9 from the field with 1-4 from 3, someone will say he didn't come to play even if he is busting his hump out there. Too many people equate shots falling with coming to play.

Thats a given for the next game he is under 50% from the floor and we don't blow out a lesser oponent.

Triche made two crazy shots. The one that got us the 57-58 in particular.

How bt doesn't shoot 6 to 8 free throws a game is beyond my comprehension. Nobody goes to the basket harder than him on our team or any team I have seen this year. I have to agree with jay bilas in this respect. College basketball officials let way to much contact go. Especially in the big east. It will be interesting to see if the officiating is different in the acc next year.

Triche made two crazy shots. The one that got us the 57-58 in particular.

He was also fouled on that one, how he righted himself in the air to get that chuck up softly enough I'll never know.

Triche played the best game of his career, and I'm looking beyond the absurd 7-7 1st half line. The decision making, leading with toughness, showing some fire out there. Save for an NCAA game, he picked the best possible regular season game to rise to that level. But players come back to their averages. Anyone would be foolish to think we can expect him to literally make up for Southerland going forward - because that's essentially what he did. Having additional shooters can offset one person having a bad night. If Triche played closer to his baseline, we're down by 10 at the half, JB opens the trunk monkey, gasoline is on the fire, and the outcome of the game is very different.

Triche played the best game of his career, and I'm looking beyond the absurd 7-7 1st half line. The decision making, leading with toughness, showing some fire out there. Save for an NCAA game, he picked the best possible regular season game to rise to that level. But players come back to their averages. Anyone would be foolish to think we can expect him to literally make up for Southerland going forward - because that's essentially what he did. Having additional shooters can offset one person having a bad night. If Triche played closer to his baseline, we're down by 10 at the half, JB opens the trunk monkey, gasoline is on the fire, and the outcome of the game is very different.

But it was JB's excellent coaching . . . . .he's had Brandon saving all his 3pt makes for the right moment.

Your last sentence is a classic "if and but" scenario. It almost sounds as if you're whining. Which team were you rooting for? You're the only fan who would call the first half performance by Brandon absurd. Did you lay the 7.5 points?

Your last sentence is a classic "if and but" scenario. It almost sounds as if you're whining. Which team were you rooting for? You're the only fan who would call the first half performance by Brandon absurd. Did you lay the 7.5 points?

And it almost sounds as if you're a tool. Celebration can be tempered with a little perspective. It's called being realistic. SU would lose 8 or 9 out of 10 under those circumstances. A lot of things had to break our way, and they did.

And it almost sounds as if you're a tool. Celebration can be tempered with a little perspective. It's called being realistic. SU would lose 8 or 9 out of 10 under those circumstances. A lot of things had to break our way, and they did.

Yes and it always helps to have the better coach to get our team in position for things to break our way.

Gee Bees, you mean there are other things that count besides scoring? :rolleyes:

This is true, but lets face reality: when the shot is falling,you play better. Your defense is more energetic,your confidence on the drive is better and other things open up for you when the other team has to pay attention to you away from the basket.

Problem for you: We would have to wait 3-4 years to see the 8 or 9 out of 10 since we are 51-4 since the start of last year. You probably didn't notice though.

Give credit where it is due: BT got some GREAT screens from the bigs to take Siva off the dribble, as well.

Give credit where it is due: BT got some GREAT screens from the bigs to take Siva off the dribble, as well.

Not a one on that play.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Triche is the rare player where I'd almost like to see a quasi mandate that he take 15+ shots per game; I dont mean that literally, but it is so critical for this team to be elite that he be an elite player (or near elite) and when he plays well he clearly is elite, I would take an occasional (and inevitable) 3-16 in exchange for the upside of him being an integral part of the offense every game. They are an entirely different team when he is one of the best players on the court, if not clearly the best as was the case yesterday.

This post can also be the exact opposite. The refs called a very lousy game yesterday both ways IMO. There were a few incredible no calls on drives by SU players.

Either way, your post is odd. Are you a Syracuse fan? The attitude of your post points to you being more of a hater than anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom