Trivia question | Syracusefan.com

Trivia question

Eric15

Living Legend
This year we're scheduled to play Notre Dame/Louisville/Florida State in a row, and there's a pretty good chance all will be ranked.

When was the last time SU played ranked teams in 3 straight games in one season? Hint: a couple of the games are fairly famous SU football games.

I can't remember good question my guess would be when we played Tennessee, Michigan to start the season in McNabb's Senior year. I can't remember who that 3rd game was against.

I can't remember good question my guess would be when we played Tennessee, Michigan to start the season in McNabb's Senior year. I can't remember who that 3rd game was against.

Great guess, but no. Our 3rd game there was destroying Rutgers.

The only one I'm coming up with is 1989. (13) Pittsburgh, (22) Florida State, (23) Penn State.

97-98 we played ksu, then opened tenn and mich..
btw: cant say it enough, your site rules.

fun with rankings: in 1990, the Orange opened with 3 of 4 ranked teams...and went 1-1-2. god i hated ties.

92 was that bc/miami/colorado triple trivia answer and they went 2-1.

in the majestic 04 season, the Orange played 5 ranked teams and went 1-4. granted they lost to temple and got spanked in the bowl, but that was a tough last go for P when youre running grandma's kid out there.

its time for the Orange to be the ranked team again.

in the majestic 04 season, the Orange played 5 ranked teams and went 1-4. granted they lost to temple and got spanked in the bowl, but that was a tough last go for P when youre running grandma's kid out there.

That was a very strange year - got completely annihilated to start the season (Purdue 51-0) and to finish the season (Georgia Tech 51-14), but played some solid football in between. Almost beat Top 10 FSU in the Dome and just worked a pretty strong BC that only had to beat us to go to the BCS.

2004 we had a real good shot to beat Florida State on Homecoming. Leon Washington was the only player for Florida State on offense that hurt us. We had several INTs wasted by our offense and I think we missed 2 FGs by Nate Trout which would have made the ending a lot easier for us to win the game on offense with a FG rather than needing a TD. That was the last season SU played a Thursday Night game as well. We got killed down in Morgantown by WVU.

If we beat Temple then Syracuse would have played Utah led by Alex Smith and Urban Meyer's last game in the Fiesta Bowl and we would have been housed worse than Calvin Johnson led Georgia Tech in Orlando. 2004 we were so thin at WR Steve Gregory was moved there for depth purposes.

@Virginia, Florida State, @Boston College are the only ranked teams I remember playing. Was Purdue 25th or something? and who was the other team ranked?

btw: cant say it enough, your site rules.

fun with rankings: in 1990, the Orange opened with 3 of 4 ranked teams...and went 1-1-2. god i hated ties.

92 was that bc/miami/colorado triple trivia answer and they went 2-1.

its time for the Orange to be the ranked team again.
thanks.. i have so many ideas on things to add to it, with Flash support going away I am trying to decide what to rewrite it in so holding off on some improvements.

@Virginia, Florida State, @Boston College are the only ranked teams I remember playing. Was Purdue 25th or something? and who was the other team ranked?

@ #15 West Virginia

If I am not mistaken the @Virginia game that 2004 season is the last Syracuse game that has gotten absolutely zero TV coverage.
I remember wanting to watch that game as a student after we had beaten Cincinnati to go 2-1 and it wasn't on TV. That game was before ESPN3 and online games. Every game since the @UVA game has been on TV either ESPN families, ABC, ESPN3, TW, or Big East/ACC Network GOTW.

If I am not mistaken the @Virginia game that 2004 season is the last Syracuse game that has gotten absolutely zero TV coverage.
I remember wanting to watch that game as a student after we had beaten Cincinnati to go 2-1 and it wasn't on TV. That game was before ESPN3 and online games. Every game since the @UVA game has been on TV either ESPN families, ABC, ESPN3, TW, or Big East/ACC Network GOTW.

How about that game at Tulane in 2011? I remember having to sign up for "Tulane All-Access" which was the lowest quality television production I have ever experienced. It was like watching a 1970s high school game.

How about that game at Tulane in 2011? I remember having to sign up for "Tulane All-Access" which was the lowest quality television production I have ever experienced. It was like watching a 1970s high school game.

All I remember about that game was the beginning and end of Deuce McAllister's broadcast career.

All I remember about that game was the beginning and end of Deuce McAllister's broadcast career.

Ugh, I am having bad flashbacks, stop! I also remember shaking my head after that game and wondering how on earth we almost lost that game. Tulane was hideous that year. By the end of the painful 5 game streak to end that season, I understood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom