Trouble at Michigan State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Trouble at Michigan State

I think it was happening the same time as Baylor, it just took longer for it to come out. They were screwed no matter what. Maybe people in charge, and many fans for that matter, need to stop elevating sports to godlike status.

That's fair. I just read more about the OTL investigation and it did seem to start around the same time as Baylor... just took so long to come out because MSU did everything they could to obstruct and delay the investigation, including going to court to block releasing campus police reports... and then appealing twice (including all the way to the Michigan Supreme Court), losing every step of the way. As opposed to the East Lansing police department, who by all accounts was extremely cooperative.
Narduzzi was at MSU from 2007 - 2014. This was when most of the allegations in this case occurred. Have to expect he gets hit by at least a little shrapnel.
upload_2018-1-27_8-25-30.gif

That's fair. I just read more about the OTL investigation and it did seem to start around the same time as Baylor... just took so long to come out because MSU did everything they could to obstruct and delay the investigation, including going to court to block releasing campus police reports... and then appealing twice (including all the way to the Michigan Supreme Court), losing every step of the way. As opposed to the East Lansing police department, who by all accounts was extremely cooperative.
Right. I guess the point of my response was that they didn't have time to learn from the previous scandals (as the comment I responded to suggested) because their scandal was, unknowingly to the public, happening at the same time. Maybe they would have saved a little face by coming out voluntarily, but they had already been covering stuff up for a while at that point. Not that that is a reason. You come clean because it's the right thing to do, not because of how it may benefit you or reduce the consequences that you're due.

I doubt players care who the AD is at any school.

They'll raise tuition and taxes. Their endowment isn't big enough to incur a loss like that.

They'll raise tuition and taxes. Their endowment isn't big enough to incur a loss like that.

Endowments are typically restricted funds and can't be used for settlements. This money would likely come from the Michigan taxpayers.

Last edited:
Endowments are typically restricted funds and can't be used for settlements. This money would likely come from the Michigan taxpayers.

Exactly. Which is bullcrap. Cuse would be out of business if this happened here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom