Trudo | Syracusefan.com

Trudo

AAM62

All Conference
Is he injured or something? PS is tweeting that palmer is ahead of him on the depth chart, but didn't specify if he was listed at center (thus making the depth chart outdated). I find it hard to believe that a 3 year starter would lose his job like that. If palmer was that good, then try to work him over to the other side (key word is try. Its not that easy) because there is no way that robinson and palmer are both better than trudo.

Last edited:
Is he injured or something? PS is tweeting that palmer is ahead of him on the depth chart, but didn't specify if he was listed at center (thus making the depth chart outdated). I find it hard to believe that a 3 year starter would lose his job like that. If palmer was that good, then try to work him over to that side because there is no way that robinson and palmer are both better than trudo.
I think it is probably more the coaches pushing Trudo/Miller. They have gone on record about creating competition and the depth chart means nothing until the whistle blows. I wouldn't get to focused on depth charts until after preseason camp.

I'm assuming Palmer played so well during the spring that the coaches wanted to give him a shot, but didn't move Trudo over to RG because Robinson was hurt all spring and didn't get the look he's entitled to.

It has to be a motivation thing. Doesn't make sense. Hickey has the NFL upside but Trudo is our toughest and nastiest lineman.
My exact thought, it had to be for motivation. After Hickey I had Trudo as our best lineman, and, top interior guy. The nasty streak he has is a bonus.

In contrast with the DL where you can easily rotate guys in and out - to what extent can you do that on the OL? Does the OL need to keep the coordination of having the same guys on the field as much as possible or can you rotate guys in who are close in ability?

In contrast with the DL where you can easily rotate guys in and out - to what extent can you do that on the OL? Does the OL need to keep the coordination of having the same guys on the field as much as possible or can you rotate guys in who are close in ability?
I dont think so. Great Oline play has alot to do with cohesion. Its not smart but doable to rotate O linman.

Has to be a mistake Trudo is starting for sure

My exact thought, it had to be for motivation. After Hickey I had Trudo as our best lineman, and, top interior guy. The nasty streak he has is a bonus.
Maybe it's simply a mistake because I remember reading that Trudo is in the best shape of his life. The article said that he gained 12 pounds and was running better than ever. Something doesn't make sense...

Trudo is a road grater. He will be starting. Palmer will be getting run. He started really coming on last season, too.

In the Pitt game, Aaron Donald killed Palmer twice on PATs, the first one resulting in a block. I re-watched the first PAT to see what happened. Snap, boom, pancake. No contest. We score again and the second PAT comes up. I specifically watched that matchup to see what would happen. Exact same thing except no block this time. Snap, boom, pancake. The only way less resistance could have been offered is if I was blocking Donald. Granted he's an NFL first-rounder, but it wasn't even close. Can't imagine Palmer starts over Trudo.

Here's video of the blocked PAT. :31 mark:

In the Pitt game, Aaron Donald killed Palmer twice on PATs, the first one resulting in a block. I re-watched the first PAT to see what happened. Snap, boom, pancake. No contest. We score again and the second PAT comes up. I specifically watched that matchup to see what would happen. Exact same thing except no block this time. Snap, boom, pancake. The only way less resistance could have been offered is if I was blocking Donald. Granted he's an NFL first-rounder, but it wasn't even close. Can't imagine Palmer starts over Trudo.

Here's video of the blocked PAT. :31 mark:

I hope Palmer drastically improved because he wasn't anywhere near Trudo's or Robinson's level last year. Last Spring he was out of shape. I hope he made some improvements if they are pushing him like this.

From an interview with Hickey at the ACC Media today...

•With Miller manning the center position, Trudo, Omari Palmer and Nick Robinson are all fighting for the two starting guard spots. Palmer and Robinson are currently listed atop the depth chart, but Hickey was quick to add that Trudo isn’t viewed as a peg below them. Hickey went on to say that this is the deepest the offensive line has been since he’s been at Syracuse.

I hope our new Oline coach who has never coached the Oline before knows what he is doing

I hope our new Oline coach who has never coached the Oline before knows what he is doing

Q. Going back to changing the climate,
what has Scott Shafer done to change the
climate in the locker room with you, and talk
about going through the first season with
Coach Joe Adam.

SEAN HICKEY: I feel Coach Shafer really
wants us to take control of our own team rather
than in the past where everybody -- this was
Coach Marrone's team. He ran the ship every
way, shape and form it was his team. Coach
Shafer has taken a little different approach. He
wants us to take a little bit more ownership in what
happens and us police our own -- whether it comes
to people like missing class or whatever, like us to
police it and hold our players accountable rather
than the coaches holding us accountable.
So I would feel that's the one thing Coach
Shafer is trying to bring to the table more.

Coach Adam, he's done a great job for making the
transition between like his last job and this one.
He's done -- like I said earlier about Terrel
demanding respect, Coach Adam has demanded
respect since he got here, and listening to him talk
about football, then you start to respect him
because he understands he knows what he's
saying even though he's been a defensive coach
for a while. He does bring a aspect to the game
that you want to learn from, and the thing I've got
to see is I got to see three different O-line coaches
in three seasons. I had Greg Adkins for my first
three years here, then last year I had Pat Perles
and this year I have Joe Adam, so you get to see