True? Some students booed JS? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

True? Some students booed JS?

This is really sad, I knew we have never had the greatest student section for a while now but to go this low is embarrassing. I haven't been bashful of my feelings of MCW, that's for sure but this is a message board where I get my frustrations out. To do things like that to James and MCW, no words. Each generation is getting worse. :bang:

I think you guys have it wrong, there was a question asked...

Where do you go for great Sean Keeley blogs?

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNES

Wow ... These were OUR students? Doing Lord and Taylor chants? Mind-boggling.

Yeah... It was a group of about 5-6 doing it. Right down in the blue seats of the student section. I was totally ashamed to be within 10 feet of them.

As far as affecting recruiting, Or even Boeheim addressing it, I don't think the majority of it was loud enough to draw real attention. The boos of James on the other hand, had a significant portion of the section involved and they were most definitely heard by the bench, and you could even see Southerland sink a little lower in his seat. The smaller stuff I don't think bothered him, the single person yells of "go to class" "get your grades up" " do your homework" (from the small collection of previously mentioned) seemed to go unnoticed thankfully.

Why go to games if you aren't going to support your team? Those guys are a disgrace to fans anywhere.

You know what I was going to say I thought I heard a small amount of boos when mcw picture was shown as well . Same for cooney . That was really strange and even more pathetic .

The Cooney stuff was people yelling "coooooooooooooon" as far as I could tell.

Aside from the Cincy game, which was by far their only good showing, our student section has been horrid this year.

I was in the student section, there were some real tonight. A collection booed Southerland, a smaller portion yelled at MCW to pass every time he touched the ball, they tried to start Lord and Taylor chants with him at the line, they booed him after any turnover (regardless of whether it was his fault, heck they even booed/blamed MCW for one when he wasnt even on the floor) They also started a "you're adopted" chant when ND's Grant was at the line. They did a bunch of other ridiculous and completely classless throughout the game, including trying to start a "Lenny Kekua" chant. It was the first, and hopefully last time I ever have to be embarrassed to be a part of my student section.

Then you must have missed Senior Day last season, when students in the overflow section were alternately shouting "-- Canada" and "USA" when O Canada was played to honor Kris Joseph.

Unfortunately, the kids who fill Syracuse's student section are no better than the ones at any other school. Except Pitt. They're much, much better then the derelicts at Pitt.

I sit right next to the student section and I didn't hear any of that so it couldn't have been too loud. I did hear one student yell f*** yeah! during the national anthem.

Then you must have missed Senior Day last season, when students in the overflow section were alternately shouting "-- Canada" and "USA" when O Canada was played to honor Kris Joseph.

Unfortunately, the kids who fill Syracuse's student section are no better than the ones at any other school. Except Pitt. They're much, much better then the derelicts at Pitt.
I get to the games pretty early, so I was at senior day down in the blue seats and I don't even remember hearing those chants during O Canada.

Is someone from here leading them now? We need another person willing to take BKs place. Maybe Libero? It's your chance to lead them. Do the right thing!
Wish I could, but I graduated in December, so I'm not exactly a student any more. But hey at least I still get to use my student season tickets for the rest of the year...

Wish I could, but I graduated in December, so I'm not exactly a student any more. But hey at least I still get to use my student season tickets for the rest of the year...
Hey hey hey...I didn't ask for excuses! You do that job you have been given!!! You should be grateful to receive this job! Now get out there and show us you want it!

Just Kidding dude.

so did any other students say anything to these clowns?

I wish I was smart enough to get in and smack around these dweebs.

I nominate JarheadJim as Sgt at Arms for the Student Section...while techinically not a student he is a Sgt and has an arm of pain.

524673_4918971448754_1137634403_n.jpg

Wow ... These were OUR students? Doing Lord and Taylor chants? Mind-boggling.

Booing their own classmates. I can understand their disappointment with Southerland, but the Lord & Taylor stuff is just awful to hear from home "fans".

I get to the games pretty early, so I was at senior day down in the blue seats and I don't even remember hearing those chants during O Canada.

It involved people up in the overflow seats (which makes sense - one would hope that regulars wouldn't behave that way).

I was in the student section, there were some real tonight. A collection booed Southerland, a smaller portion yelled at MCW to pass every time he touched the ball, they tried to start Lord and Taylor chants with him at the line, they booed him after any turnover (regardless of whether it was his fault, heck they even booed/blamed MCW for one when he wasnt even on the floor) They also started a "you're adopted" chant when ND's Grant was at the line. They did a bunch of other ridiculous and completely classless throughout the game, including trying to start a "Lenny Kekua" chant. It was the first, and hopefully last time I ever have to be embarrassed to be a part of my student section.
Are you serious? What has happened to the student section. My goodness I was there when we started the list. If "students" think this funny or stuff to do in the Otto's Army we screwed. We need some Juniors/Seniors from Otto's Army at Freshman orientation so this s#it don't happened.

This clip is from Senior Day 2007. These were students

Booing has occurred definately at every home game since James was suspended
For sure when they show his face on big screen

This is all very disconcerting. We always had a contingent of student fans, but it was usually small and buried in the upper deck where they couldn't really be heard.

For the record though, the kids who are running Otto's Army right now are all excellent fans and people. I'll see what's up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom