Trueblue is feeling good | Syracusefan.com

Trueblue is feeling good

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
I believe we've found far more encouraging things than discouraging.

1. The small guard position is not a problem.

2. Our rebounding so far is fantastic.

3. We already had our pre conference meltdown close call game. (Last year was Detroit, 2011 was Marshall, 2010 was William and Mary).

4. We're still confused at the center position, but it's not that bad. It seems like Rak and Keita are competent on the court, and Coleman may be finally starting to figure out his game, it's not a disaster.

5. Ennis is getting experience.

6. Our freshman have seen plenty of playing time so far, prior to St. France.

7. We did not blow our St. Francis game like UNC blew their Belmont.

8. Grant is stepping up in crunch time.

9. Fair and Cooney are knocking down free throws.

10. Fair, in reality, is not alone. Grant and either G or Cooney will share the scoring burden.

11. Roberson will see plenty of playing time.

Problems?

1. Lazy defense (it'll get fixed once we play teams like Minn, Cali, Zaga, Indiana and Nova).

2. Poor FT Shooting... whats new.

3. I guess the center position is a problem, but its not nearly as bad as some think.

4. Players are not moving well without the ball on offense. We have great passers in Rak, Ennis, G, Grant, Cooney and even Coleman. This team will be dangerous if they master off ball movement.

Admit it. Isn't your new lease on life in part caused by Duke struggling last night? I have to admit it perked me right up!

TB - nice list. I have two small disagreements:

1. I view our centers as a strength. Three centers; including two McDs and an experienced senior. Plus DC2 just showed a little bit of an offensive spark. Defensively they may have had one bad game, but overall this seems to me to be a solid strength.

2. How have we found that Roberson will get plenty of time? Based on what? The first four games seem to suggest that many people need to temper their expectations of TR's impact in his frosh year.

Point 3) my one problem with that is we were down at halftime against Cornell, put that together w the SF game and that we have not truly blown by anyone yet and we have a bit of a trend. I hope Maui reverses that trend!

TB - nice list. I have two small disagreements:

1. I view our centers as a strength. Three centers; including two McDs and an experienced senior. Plus DC2 just showed a little bit of an offensive spark. Defensively they may have had one bad game, but overall this seems to me to be a solid strength.

2. How have we found that Roberson will get plenty of time? Based on what? The first four games seem to suggest that many people need to temper their expectations of TR's impact in his frosh year.

I think that Roberson was hampered by the hamstring injury. He will get more chances in the games ahead. I even think BJ will get some time during the Classic (and possibly even Patterson) as minutes will have to be shared to keep fresh legs.

36.8 and 35.3% from the field the last two games. Reminds me of early 10-11.
Won the first two games by 20plus, shooting 53 and 44.5 percent.

I think that Roberson was hampered by the hamstring injury. He will get more chances in the games ahead. I even think BJ will get some time during the Classic (and possibly even Patterson) as minutes will have to be shared to keep fresh legs.
I agree. I think Roberson will get more time as the season goes on. I just think he is a little behind most people's expectations at this point. And the first 4 games haven't indicated to me at this point that he will get plenty of time. I would actually classify that as a negative/problem.

It's early, I hope SU/JB can find situations where more developmental minutes are able to be distributed to all the frosh. But I'm not expecting much time for any of the frosh outside of Ennis in Maui.

Point 3) my one problem with that is we were down at halftime against Cornell, put that together w the SF game and that we have not truly blown by anyone yet and we have a bit of a trend. I hope Maui reverses that trend!
Defensively against St Francis of NY our centers were ineffective when they tried to defend against their center. They could not keep up with him. I am surprised coach didn't try Grant at center. When other teams play small, so should we. If
Roberson isn't ready at power forward then move Fair there and play silent G at small forward. Our centers are not fast enough to play when the other team use a6'6'' small forward at center.

Duke and UNC both looking shabby

life is good
Well, Trueblue, I have noticed in the last couple of days you have been referring to yourself in the third person in your posts. Is this a "Jimmy likes Elaine" thing you have going on?

Last edited:

The glass isn't always half empty. We were down at the half and won the game by what, 20? Come on now. Plus they were the first 4 games of the season with a brand new point guard plus two other guards who barely played last year. Onto Maui!

Well, Trueblue, I have noticed in the last couple of days you have been referring to yourself in the third person in your posts. Is this a "Jimmy likes Elaine" thing you have going on?
I think it's schizophrenia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom