Trust | Syracusefan.com

Trust

br801

Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner Hoops Leading Scorer
Washington went a long way today in terms of gaining JB's trust. I thought he performed very well playing extended minutes in a high leverage situation on the road. For a guy who has only seen limited minutes, he plays with a lot of poise and confidence.

I think we'll now be seeing more of him not only as part of the small lineup, but also giving Howard and Battle the occasional rest.

Nothing would surprise me with JB. Battle and Frank might play 40 on Tuesday.

One thing is crystal clear. Howard Washington CAN play at this level. Just needed a chance. Maybe I've said that once...or twenty times.

Nothing would surprise me with JB. Battle and Frank might play 40 on Tuesday.

One thing is crystal clear. Howard Washington CAN play at this level. Just needed a chance. Maybe I've said that once...or twenty times.
I was thinking about you when making the post and almost tagged you.

I like that the kid dribbles with his head up and is able to see more of what is going on by doing so.

Not sure if it was by design, but Washington seemed to push the tempo/ ball up the court after we got a defensive rebound. At least until State started to pressure us in the backcourt.

Washington went a long way today in terms of gaining JB's trust. I thought he performed very well playing extended minutes in a high leverage situation on the road. For a guy who has only seen limited minutes, he plays with a lot of poise and confidence.

I think we'll now be seeing more of him not only as part of the small lineup, but also giving Howard and Battle the occasional rest.

Howard seemed good...until he didn't want to touch the ball in the overtimes. Like, nowhere wanting it as Battle had to do everything in the extra periods.

No PG should ever not look to want the ball in his hands to get up the floor.

Howard seemed good...until he didn't want to touch the ball in the overtimes. Like, nowhere wanting it as Battle had to do everything in the extra periods.

That's fair but we are not privy to what he's being told during timeouts. I have a strong feeling the strategy was to ride the hot hand in Battle. Everyone seemed to look to Battle on every OT possession.

HW is not a timid player. I think he showed that.

I want to add that TB obviously had a great game. Career high. Clutch shots. All that. But not one assist in 50 minutes? That's absurd.

Last edited:
I like that the kid dribbles with his head up and is able to see more of what is going on by doing so.

Not sure if it was by design, but Washington seemed to push the tempo/ ball up the court after we got a defensive rebound. At least until State started to pressure us in the backcourt.

He’s a natural PG. The only one on the roster. Howard didn’t even play it in HS, he’s trying to learn the position and there’s things he’s just not as natural at.

Washington plays with his head up and looks up the court first when getting an outlet pass, and moves after he passes it. Basic stuff that many guys just don’t do.

That's fair but we are not privy to what he's being told during timeouts. I have a strong feeling the strategy was to ride the hot hand in Battle. Everyone seemed to look to Battle on every OT possession.

I want to add that TB obviously had a great game. Career high. Clutch shots. All that. But not one assist in 50 minutes? That's absurd.

I think the only thing that may make him be timid at times if at all, is if he believes that JB will yank him as soon as he makes a mistake.

HW acquitted himself admirably today. He seems to have some of that Ennis icewater in him... really really hope JB gives him more time in upcoming games
Never going to happen. JB will give Washington 0 minutes against Pitt. That is JBs style. Stick with what I have done for 42 years.

Thank you for posting that. I was texting my friend the same thing during the O/T. He was indeed clutch with his shots, but my goodness for about ten minutes there we were playing one on five. Can't make a living on that in my opinion.

Thank you for posting that. I was texting my friend the same thing during the O/T. He was indeed clutch with his shots, but my goodness for about ten minutes there we were playing one on five. Can't make a living on that in my opinion.

The two 10-second violations were killers. He’s got to know better. He was being doubled. Look for a teammate.

And 2 10-second violations. I put those on JB.

I didn't see a lot of guys asking for the ball on either of those.
on the first one (if I remember right) TB had a couple of guys he could have gotten it to, on the 2nd one not so much

He was told to get the ball to battle

He played so well that JB didnt put him in until he had no choice with Frank fouling out. JB drives me mad sometimes

I can't even remember the last time we had one, let alone two in a game.

I'd be shocked if we had 1 all last season.

Frank had one last year I think and the board lost their minds for days...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom