Truth: Jesse is one of the main reasons we win and lose games | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Truth: Jesse is one of the main reasons we win and lose games

How did you turn it into dying on a hill? Go read my first comment on the subject. All facts. Not a single opinion because my opinion, nor yours matters.
I’d agree with most of what you are saying (including that you aren’t defending it) in that first post except the following I only half agree with..

”It depends on the rotation at the time which is driven by the offense.”

it also depends on the other players on the floor not being able to cover the normal zone responsibility. If we had the 2010 teams roster, he wouldn’t be playing it like this.

the rotations are in place due to the limitations

More trolling.
No, not at all. This guy hasn't played organized high level basketball for very long. At the rate and trajectory of his progress, I believe what I stated is true. There are so many things he's already doing that are at a high level. That's why I think JB prodded him, he is a budding superstar, he just has to go after it. The game against Gtown he was on the perimeter and looked like he was going to shoot and then thought he shouldn't. If he can shoot from the outside, he did in his summer highlight reel, he will be off the charts.

No, not at all. This guy hasn't played organized high level basketball for very long. At the rate and trajectory of his progress, I believe what I stated is true. There are so many things he's already doing that are at a high level. That's why I think JB prodded him, he is a budding superstar, he just has to go after it. The game against Gtown he was on the perimeter and looked like he was going to shoot and then thought he shouldn't. If he can shoot from the outside, he did in his summer highlight reel, he will be off the charts.

I love Jesse. But you might want to go look at who we’ve had since Melo. He has a long ways to go to get to what many others did. All Americans. All ACC or BE. 1st round draft picks.

I love Jesse. But you might want to go look at who we’ve had since Melo. He has a long ways to go to get to what many others did. All Americans. All ACC or BE. 1st round draft picks.
I'm fully aware of the guys who have played since Melo. I'm telling you, this guy is special.

At this point in the season Jesse is our best player. He has the potential to be the best center ever. Please tell me who says hello.

At this point in the season Jesse is our best player. He has the potential to be the best center ever. Please tell me who says hello.
And I'm feeling like he's just scratching the surface.

13 year NBA player Rony Seikaly says hello.

Anyone who focuses right now on Jesse as part of our deficiencies, is a fool. Anyone who has half a brain can see he is one of our best players. Maybe the distraction is to avoid talking about a player with the name boeheim. Hmmm...

Last edited:
Anyone who focuses right now on Jesse as part of our deficiencies, is a fool. Anyone who has half a brain can see he is one of our best players. Maybe the distraction is to avoid talking about a player with the name boeheim. Just saying.
Anyone who says eh that player is good enough and doesn't need to improve is a fool. Jesse has issues that need corrected, just like all the other players do. Just because he is one of our best players doesn't mean he shouldn't or couldn't improve. There is plenty of blame to go around, but the guys are mostly all new and still learning so give em a break.

You would have a moron of a son if he allowed you to choose for him where he would go to college and live out his life and dreams.
This might qualify as the worst post of the year.

Anyone who says eh that player is good enough and doesn't need to improve is a fool. Jesse has issues that need corrected, just like all the other players do. Just because he is one of our best players doesn't mean he shouldn't or couldn't improve. There is plenty of blame to go around, but the guys are mostly all new and still learning so give em a break.
Thanks again for your contribution, fireball.

Thanks again for your contribution, Captain Obvious.

FIFY.

that's you GIF by Captain Obvious

How did you get that out of NickNack's posts? You keep putting words in other people's mouths. No where did he say or imply any of this. Stop shifting the goalposts.

How did you get that out of NickNack's posts? You keep putting words in other people's mouths. No where did he say or imply any of this. Stop shifting the goalposts.

Here in case you missed it:

Anyone who focuses right now on Jesse as part of our deficiencies, is a fool. Anyone who has half a brain can see he is one of our best players. Maybe the distraction is to avoid talking about a player with the name boeheim. Hmmm...

Not sure why you are bringing football onto the basketball board though. We use baskets not goalposts! And by the way, my original post was how good Jesse was but how much better we will be one he cleans up a few parts of his game-most specifically jumping on every single fake. So if anyone is moving the goalposts it is those who detract and deter from this discussion by dragging other players into it. As I said, Jesse has the potential to be one of the best centers to ever play for us. You don't have to agree with me at all, you are free to be wrong if that is your desire.

Not sure why you are bringing football onto the basketball board though. We use baskets not goalposts! And by the way, my original post was how good Jesse was but how much better we will be one he cleans up a few parts of his game-most specifically jumping on every single fake. So if anyone is moving the goalposts it is those who detract and deter from this discussion by dragging other players into it. As I said, Jesse has the potential to be one of the best centers to ever play for us. You don't have to agree with me at all, you are free to be wrong if that is your desire.
“Jumping on every single fake” is your opinion though.

the defensive statistics show your opinion might be wrong.

much the way you said he needs to clean up his bunnies when his fg% is insanely good.

In Jesse's first 305 minutes played in his career, he had a defensive rating of 97.7 and this season he's got a defensive rating of 104.9 in 276 minutes. Did he get worse as a defensive center, or is he being asked to shoulder a bigger load of defensive responsibility.

Now that I think back, didn't Quincy have a groin injury his freshman year? Was that from flying over to the corner to contest a three he split his groin?

Yeah, nowhere in that statement does he say that the player is good enough and that he doesn't need to improve. You're assuming intent that not even implied IMO. Saying he is one of our best players does not preclude the statement that he needs to improve. We're 5-5, no one on this team is good enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom