trying to be optimistic - look at clemson's other games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

trying to be optimistic - look at clemson's other games

172 yards passing, not great i know.

last year ( i know, they lost really good players that they replace with other really good players) there were 8 games with fewer than 172 yards passing vs clemson

i know devito has a lot of issues but i'm hoping for any reason to believe that the line is average at pass blocking against normal teams. the guy makes great throws from the pocket when there is a pocket. agree with everyone about the checkdowns when things inevitably go awry from time to time

172 yards passing, not great i know.

last year ( i know, they lost really good players that they replace with other really good players) there were 8 games with fewer than 172 yards passing vs clemson

i know devito has a lot of issues but i'm hoping for any reason to believe that the line is average at pass blocking against normal teams. the guy makes great throws from the pocket when there is a pocket. agree with everyone about the checkdowns when things inevitably go awry from time to time

We should know a lot more after WMU. Their D is mediocre at best, so if the OL can't protect and we can't generate offense against them... bad things, man.

Also look at the other games from the weekend involving top 10 teams vs P5 teams:

Alabama +24 over South Carolina
Oklahoma +34 over UCLA
Ohio State +41 over Indiana
Florida +8 over Kentucky

We've been conditioned to think Dino can coach us to close losses and an occasional victory against top teams and it's just rare for a program of our stature on the whole.

That's not to write off the struggles of the OL. It can get worse if they don't get better.

Despite how bad our OL was, we left points on the field due to a lack of execution by other units.

The first drive ended due to a dropped pass. We missed out on a long TD because the WRs couldn’t line up correctly or catch the ball. The refs missed 12 guys on the field and a PI in the end zone. DeVito missed a open TE who may have scored. Despite all of that we had 6 points against Clemson which isn’t that bad.

I was watching College Football Final Sunday morning and there are an amazing number of missed tackles in college football.

I know we certainly had one that stuck out more than any other (87 yard TD pass that was the ending of such a cruel sequence).

I can't recall one missed tackle from Clemson. Must be nice.

Despite how bad our OL was, we left points on the field due to a lack of execution by other units.

The first drive ended due to a dropped pass. We missed out on a long TD because the WRs couldn’t line up correctly or catch the ball. The refs missed 12 guys on the field and a PI in the end zone. DeVito missed a open TE who may have scored. Despite all of that we had 6 points against Clemson which isn’t that bad.

There was also a scramble right, where he dumped off to Neal for a short gain. Jackson was on that same side and had just broken free of his DB who lost sight of him. Not really passing blame on it, but more that I hoped without how much they worked together in the offseason, they'd be anticipating things just like that. Would have been a simple 6, even if he underthrew it.

I was watching College Football Final Sunday morning and there are an amazing number of missed tackles in college football.

I know we certainly had one that stuck out more than any other (87 yard TD pass that was the ending of such a cruel sequence).

I can't recall one missed tackle from Clemson. Must be nice.
Some missed tackles are because a guy breaks the tackle. Our guys have not done that.

There was also a scramble right, where he dumped off to Neal for a short gain. Jackson was on that same side and had just broken free of his DB who lost sight of him. Not really passing blame on it, but more that I hoped without how much they worked together in the offseason, they'd be anticipating things just like that. Would have been a simple 6, even if he underthrew it.
I had a brief crazy person tantrum over that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom