Tua | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tua

I dislocated my hip in February and it’s the worst pain ever. Didn’t have the break and luckily I fully recovered without surgery. Surgical procedures have come so far from when Bo Jackson suffered his injury, he should be near fully recovered within 6-8 months. I’d have to imagine he’s still a top 15 pick barring some post surgery issues.

Coaching malpractice by Saban. After his second ankle surgery within a year, he should have shut him down. If your second QB can't run the offense, that's your problem. Tua lost millions.

Coaching malpractice by Saban. After his second ankle surgery within a year, he should have shut him down. If your second QB can't run the offense, that's your problem. Tua lost millions.
Well he lives by Bible and Belt

I'm sure Bama boosters will take care of him

I get that perfect grammar isn't necessary on the internet, but when someone in some sort of official capacity is commenting on something medical, I expect them to know the difference between 'lose' and 'loose.'
Yeah, he should have proofread. I'm pretty sure he probably knows the difference between loosing and losing, though. Everybody has posted without proofreading and regretted it. Right?

Well he lives by Bible and Belt

I'm sure Bama boosters will take care of him

Wishful thinking. They can't make up first round money. Went from a Day 1 pick to a Day 2 if he's lucky.

Wishful thinking. They can't make up first round money. Went from a Day 1 pick to a Day 2 if he's lucky.
Belichick will take him at the end of day 1.
IR him and let him get healthy while Brady plays and everyone will hate New England another decade if he is any good.

That’s awful. Honestly wouldn’t shock me if he never plays again.

Yeah, he should have proofread. I'm pretty sure he probably knows the difference between loosing and losing, though. Everybody has posted without proofreading and regretted it. Right?
Sure. I have typos all the time, way more with a touchscreen than when I had a good ole keyboard. But I see the 'loose' vs 'lose' thing happen so much, I have a hard time giving people the benefit of the doubt.

I dislocated my hip in February and it’s the worst pain ever. Didn’t have the break and luckily I fully recovered without surgery. Surgical procedures have come so far from when Bo Jackson suffered his injury, he should be near fully recovered within 6-8 months. I’d have to imagine he’s still a top 15 pick barring some post surgery issues.
I don't think it's the surgical procedures that matter. What matters is whether there was a fracture and, if there was, where it occurred and whether it impairs the blood supply.

What I can't remember with regards to Delone Carter is whether he had a hip replacement. I think I remember he did and it was a bit surprising he was able to play on it. I'm sure his surgeon informed him of how playing football would reduce the life of the implant and lead to the need for a revision sooner than what is ideal.

Are you saying the ankle injury caused the hip injury? Otherwise, how is it Saban’s fault?

Because of his ankle surgery, when he planted, the ankle stayed stiff. Caused all the force on his hip, he didn't dislocate his hip, he destroyed where the femur and femoral head meets the pelvis. I was told he'll never play football again.

Because of his ankle surgery, when he planted, the ankle stayed stiff. Caused all the force on his hip, he didn't dislocate his hip, he destroyed where the femur and femoral head meets the pelvis. I was told he'll never play football again.
They just said on espn he is expected to make a full recovery.

They just said on espn he is expected to make a full recovery.

Man, hope so. Little drunk so I didn't mean to sound so absolute. Just passing along what I was told from someone with three doctorate degrees who has a "round a bout" inside source.

Are you saying the ankle injury caused the hip injury? Otherwise, how is it Saban’s fault?

That's not what I'm saying. He's been operated twice in the last year. He couldn't run last week against LSU. Alabama had a comfortable 28 point lead. He should have been pulled to preserve his health. The excuse Saban gave about running the two minute drill is nonsense.

I can get behind the argument that he shouldn't have been playing. That's a legit argument. But to the people who are saying he should have been pulled at that point in the game, that is some serious hind sight. Nobody pulls their starting QB in the first half no matter what the score unless its some NFL game where the team is going to the playoffs and the match-ups are already set win or lose.

That’s awful. Honestly wouldn’t shock me if he never plays again.
He didn't lose a limb. Doctors have already said publicly they expect a full recovery. Albert Wilson of the Dolphins had a similar injury last season and he is playing this year

of course they are going to say that. saban gets his $10 million a year and tua gets jack. he shouldn't have been playing.
They specifically mentioned the location of the fracture when they said it, so it was likely information from the MD.

Explain why he shouldn't have been playing. It was the first half of the game. Kelly Bryant was hobbling on a bad ankle when we knocked him out in 2017 and Dungey played with worse. Devito was playing when he was beat up this year.
His ankle injury had little to nothing to do with the hip injury. People like to connect dots that don't exist.

The Tua news is awful. By all accounts from people around the program, writers, players and coaches from other teams he’s a great, great kid. So sad that he’s had his season and chances at a ring taken from him the last two season due to injury and now his future in the NFL looks a lot different for him and his family than it did 24 hours ago.

I can get behind the argument that he shouldn't have been playing. That's a legit argument. But to the people who are saying he should have been pulled at that point in the game, that is some serious hind sight. Nobody pulls their starting QB in the first half no matter what the score unless its some NFL game where the team is going to the playoffs and the match-ups are already set win or lose.

100% agree with this. At 35-7 in 2Q on the road against a conference opponent and coming off a loss to boot. No doubt, that's some 'serious hindsight.'

That's not what I'm saying. He's been operated twice in the last year. He couldn't run last week against LSU. Alabama had a comfortable 28 point lead. He should have been pulled to preserve his health. The excuse Saban gave about running the two minute drill is nonsense.
That’s the game imo... could’ve happened on play 1 or play 51. It was still the 1st half. I don’t fault Saban for having him in.

Yeah, but the bartender at the Red Fox is probably not the most reliable source on potential career-ending injuries. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom