Tubby smith to Texas Tech...Jimmy Patzos prolly to Siena | Syracusefan.com

Tubby smith to Texas Tech...Jimmy Patzos prolly to Siena

Good hire for TT, but that's going to be a tough job for Tubby.

As a Siena grad, love the hire.
I'm on the fence. Was never totally impressed with Patsos as a coach but I think the Siena program has a ton more upside than Loyola ever had. Patsos really knows that Baltimore/DC region which has always been good to Siena so that will help. If anything, he will definitely create some excitement at the home games.

Judging by his "effort" while at MN, not sure Tubby has the gas in the engine at this point in his career to resurrect that moribund program.

Texas Tech- where great but old coaches go to pasture (esp. those fired from the Big 10)

I'm on the fence. Was never totally impressed with Patsos as a coach but I think the Siena program has a ton more upside than Loyola ever had. Patsos really knows that Baltimore/DC region which has always been good to Siena so that will help. If anything, he will definitely create some excitement at the home games.
Love Patsos and his courtside antics lol.

As a Loyola grad and Patsos fan, I'd be sad to see him go, though I suppose it's not to a conference rival as the hounds head to the patriot league. Patsos did a hell of a job in a pretty abysmal situation at Loyola, so I'm sure he'll do well. That said, his style is real ugly -- good defense, some painful, painful offense at times. Will be interesting to see where Loyola turns next. He'll be tough to replace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom