Tucker’s TD run | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tucker’s TD run

This NC ST defense was no joke and we had guys open a lot. OG is a true go to. Shrader was really good too. He's basically a bigger, more durable version of Dungey.

Anae is amazing as well
Did I hear right, we had 2 possessions in the 2nd half, TD each? That’s crazy ruthless, efficient, just killer on point against that D. In a system that’s 6 games old!

State had ZERO timeouts left.

And they hadn’t (still haven’t) scored a TD in 2 weeks.

I‘d rather take my chances with them having to score a TD, 2pt conversion, recover onsides kick, score another TD -
and all in under 2 mins, against our D.
I really wondered if the announcer knew until a few minutes later that #1- NC St had no timeouts and more importantly #2 I don’t think he realized that NCSt now needed to score twice because of Sean’s TD.

It was crazy that was missed. I mean Helen effin Keller would have seen that offsides. Was complete BS.
I’m throwing the flag for hyperbole on that one.

State had ZERO timeouts left.

And they hadn’t (still haven’t) scored a TD in 2 weeks.

I‘d rather take my chances with them having to score a TD, 2pt conversion, recover onsides kick, score another TD -
and all in under 2 mins, against our D.
Do you mean the same D that has held NCState in check for 57 and a half minutes? The D that has only given NCState three field goalies? Yes, I'll be Ple34sed to take SU with Tucker's TD for the outright win. All day, everyday, and twice on Sunday.

That last TD run was the same play they ran against them last year. They also ran it earlier in the game. It’s specifically for this Nc state scheme. I thought overall, they had a great game plan. Props to the staff for using a little bit of last years stuff to help get the win. 24 points against this defense is solid. Could have been more.
Interesting, different OC calling the same play as last year. Good game planning with input from Dino and Schmidt?

Dumb announcer kept ranting about how he should not have scored. Sean was flying, he couldnt have stopped without breaking an ankle. no credit given to Sean or the play call or the Garret blocks.

Just because the Jets had a miracle win against Cleveland because Cleveland scored, it doesn't mean that one in a million outcome is likely to recur. It is equally likely if you dont score that you can have a fumble catastrophe on a kneel down play.
Hasselbeck credited him with a good run. He just said the situational awareness of stopping before the endzone was more important to run the clock than get the score. It was a bit of an overreaction. It put us up 15 on a team that hadn't scored a TD all night and needed at least 7 min on each of their second half drives. They weren't getting two scores and coverting a 2 pt conversion.

Last edited:
Was the first INT not offsides on the d line?! 320 was going wild about that

That was a free play
It wasn't. The guy moved but didn't cross the line. They had the black line on the screen and his hand was behind it. After he flinched he kind of sat back on his heels and was actually a bit flatfooted when the ball was snapped.

Did I hear right, we had 2 possessions in the 2nd half, TD each? That’s crazy ruthless, efficient, just killer on point against that D. In a system that’s 6 games old!
Yeah most of the drives took forever. NC States first two possessions took 7 1/2 and 9 1/2 minutes.

Edit: Second half possessions.

Last edited:
That last TD run was the same play they ran against them last year. They also ran it earlier in the game. It’s specifically for this Nc state scheme. I thought overall, they had a great game plan. Props to the staff for using a little bit of last years stuff to help get the win. 24 points against this defense is solid. Could have been more.
Yep ran it twice, NCSt over plays the playside. I’ve seen comments that Shrader held on that play, he made two clean blocks, the second was not in the back, it’s was in the side

Hasselbeck credited him with a good run. He just said the situational awareness of stopping before the endzone was more important to run the clock than get the score. It was a bit of an overreaction. It put us up 15 on a team that hadn't scored a TD all night and needed at least 7 min on each of their second half drives. They weren't getting two scores and coverting a 2 pt conversion.
Announcers influence opinions. They can say some logical things but they are wrong too. They just say what they think teams should do. Like going for it early in the redzone and not kicking the FG. Its a defensive battle at that moment you dont know what points you are going to get so take the 3 points when you have it. Dont allow a gritty nc state team to gain early confidence with a 4th down stop.

Last edited:
Absolutely should have scored. Where we are now style points matter. 24-9 just looks better

Exactly. Its not like we are Miami or even NC State and get gifted a preseason ranking in the 10-15 range. If we started the year there we wouldn't have to worry about teams like Oregon, USC, Okie St, and Bama being ahead of us with 1 loss.

If we win next week we are in the drivers seat not only for an ACC title but a playoff spot as well. We can't be stuck behind teams with more losses. Purdue and ND are who we scheduled OOC and we are in the vastly harder half of the ACC and play the best team from the other half as our crossover outside of the SEC West noone can knock our SOS. Poll rankings are more important to us than probably any other program just because we started the season so far behind everyone else forget the Alabama's I'm talking more about the team we waxed yesterday.

Yeah, technically he was correct. It might have also saved a little wear and tear on the defense as that last drive by nc state was a grind. I would think the thought process is that if by some random chance nc state hits a big play for a TD they have a chance for an onsides kick.

But I agree with the sentiment here which I think is mostly that it was a nice exclamation point on a terrific W against a good team. The odds of it coming back to bite SU were exceptionally small.

Dumb announcer kept ranting about how he should not have scored. Sean was flying, he couldnt have stopped without breaking an ankle. no credit given to Sean or the play call or the Garret blocks.

Just because the Jets had a miracle win against Cleveland because Cleveland scored, it doesn't mean that one in a million outcome is likely to recur. It is equally likely if you dont score that you can have a fumble catastrophe on a kneel down play.
At that point, we were winning the game no matter what - I wanted Sean and the team to get those pts. That same guy carried on and on about kicking the FG at 7-0. He wanted us to go for it on 4th and 3.

That last touchdown was huge for the team, the fans and the media. A 24-9 victory looks like "domination" on paper. The fans erupted. Tucker got his swagger back on it. The team and fans LOVED seeing their QB as the lead blocker. I was screaming at my phone, "DONT GO DOWN, DONT GO DOWN, DONT GO DOWN!"

At that point, we were winning the game no matter what - I wanted Sean and the team to get those pts. That same guy carried on and on about kicking the FG at 7-0. He wanted us to go for it on 4th and 3.
Maybe 4th and 1 you go for it. 4th and 3 to go up two scores you 100% kick the FG. Announcer was a real idiot.

Game could have been a huge blow out, we left anywhere from 9 to 21 points off the board with those two TOs and missing on a 4th and 1, which should have been a first down on the third down play except for a bad spot.