Tucker is going to get over 1,000 rushing yards, right? | Syracusefan.com

Tucker is going to get over 1,000 rushing yards, right?

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made

The dude is at 829 right now. With two more regular season games and a bowl, he only needs to average 60 yarfs a game on the ground to get there.

But during the 4 game losing streak he's averaging like 45 yards rushing a game.

So... seems crazy but I'm not certain it's a sure thing the way we're going.

And will he get to 3k all time at SU? Will he get to #3 all time in rushing yards?

I don't think he plays in a Bowl game so he is going to need about 75 ypg to achieve those 3 feats.

And will he get to 3k all time at SU? Will he get to #3 all time in rushing yards?

I don't think he plays in a Bowl game so he is going to need about 75 ypg to achieve those 3 feats.
I think he'll want to play in a bowl game. Unless he has a monster showing these last two weeks he'll want to have a good bowl as a spring board into the NFL. Remind everyone how good he is.

I read someplace that he's not 100%, and the fans want him to sit.

I think he'll want to play in a bowl game. Unless he has a monster showing these last two weeks he'll want to have a good bowl as a spring board into the NFL. Remind everyone how good he is.

I don’t think playing in a bowl is going to do anything for the NFL. If we had been potentially playing against one of the top teams in CFB then maybe but even then you see guys opt out of those games. NFL is going to look at what he did against Clemson, ND, and FSU more than they’ll put too much weight in a bowl game. At this point he needs to get healthy and put on a hell of a show at the combine to potentially get a higher round selection. But I’m not sure the question marks NFL scouts had at the beginning of the season can be answered at the combine. Blocking and catching ability.

Last edited:
Makes sense why he was playing late in the 4th in yesterdays game...

I don’t think playing in a bowl is going to do anything for the NFL. If we had been potentially playing against one of the top teams in CFB then maybe but even then you see guys opt out of those games. NFL is going to look at what he did against Clemson, ND, and FSU more than they’ll put too much weight in a bowl game. At this point he needs to get healthy and put on a hell of a show at the combine to potentially get a higher round selection. But I’m not sure the question marks the NFL scouts had at the beginning of the season can be answered at the combine. Blocking and catching ability.
Sure it can.

There's been speculation all season that he's not fully healthy. Scouts are aware of that.

So he gets a month long break or whatever, has a bowl game with like 150+ yards and 2 TDs, and they go "oh guess maybe he was gutting it out this season and he's a lot better healthy."

Moved back up the draft board.

I don’t think playing in a bowl is going to do anything for the NFL. If we had been potentially playing against one of the top teams in CFB then maybe but even then you see guys opt out of those games. NFL is going to look at what he did against Clemson, ND, and FSU more than they’ll put too much weight in a bowl game. At this point he needs to get healthy and put on a hell of a show at the combine to potentially get a higher round selection. But I’m not sure the question marks the NFL scouts had at the beginning of the season can be answered at the combine. Blocking and catching ability.
He ran ok yesterday had lots of yardage negated on some holds

Probably. Even though there is zero chance he plays in the bowl game this is a lot more important than getting the backups some touches.

Sure it can.

There's been speculation all season that he's not fully healthy. Scouts are aware of that.

So he gets a month long break or whatever, has a bowl game with like 150+ yards and 2 TDs, and they go "oh guess maybe he was gutting it out this season and he's a lot better healthy."

Moved back up the draft board.

Yeah I disagree. One game isn’t going to do that. There’ll still be questions. Nobody has said he’s injured except this board. It’s not like he’s sat a game. He played almost the game against Wagner. I’m sure scouts will find out he was potentially injured but he still played every series. So how injured was he will be the question. That’s a risk if you’re drafting in rounds 1-3 and you don’t need to take risks like that in top rounds. You can find a good RB in round 6. We’re not talking about a DL or OL who teams will take a chance on with a top pick even if they’re injured.

Yeah I disagree. One game isn’t going to do that. There’ll still be questions. Nobody has said he’s injured except this board. It’s not like he’s sat a game. He played almost the game against Wagner. I’m sure scouts will find out he was potentially injured but he still played every series. So how injured was he will be the question. That’s a risk if you’re drafting in rounds 1-3 and you don’t need to take risks like that in top rounds. You can find a good RB in round 6. We’re not talking about a DL or OL who teams will take a chance on with a top pick even if they’re injured.
Alrighty then.

It would be ironic if Tucker didn't play in the bowl and Allen runs for 150 and 2 TDs. Would tell us how much it hurt the team to play an injured player so much at less than 100%. I'm not saying he shouldn't have played at all but what about a rotation with Allen and the NMSU transfer.