Tuesday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Tuesday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
13864235-standard.jpg

Syracuse position breakdown: Defensive line has major hole to plug with loss of DT Jay Bromley

OOC Opponent

Penn State coaching staff has mass exodus

ACC

bcs-national-championship-2014.jpg

BCS Championship Game 2014: Florida State beats Auburn 34-31 on late TD

Florida State fans celebrate in Tallahassee

The 12 moments that decided the 2014 BCS Championship

Nation

Eight-team playoff makes more sense; is it worth the complications?

NFL

Details released in proposed $760 million NFL concussion settlement

CNY

Al Roker shouts out Oswego, Syracuse during 'polar vortex' weather ...

University

Two Sandbox Teams Qualify for Startup Labs Contest

Last edited:
That article on an 8-team playoff reminds me of all of the stupid talk about the BCS being the best way to determine a champ. Excuses.

"The players and fans would be forced to deal with meaningful football games around Christmas!"

College Football - where you play your exhibition games at the end of the season..

That article on an 8-team playoff reminds me of all of the stupid talk about the BCS being the best way to determine a champ. Excuses.

"The players and fans would be forced to deal with meaningful football games around Christmas!"

College Football - where you play your exhibition games at the end of the season..

Don't cheapen the regular season.

Don't cheapen the regular season.
What really cheapens the regular season and makes it completely unfair is when teams like Ohio State, Nebraska etc. play 5 home games out of conference against really bad teams. That's what cheapens the season, makes it unfair. Lets make this like college basketball where SOS and playing winning on the road matters more than a gaudy record built on creampuffs.

What really cheapens the regular season and makes it completely unfair is when teams like Ohio State, Nebraska etc. play 5 home games out of conference against really bad teams. That's what cheapens the season, makes it unfair. Lets make this like college basketball where SOS and playing winning on the road matters more than a gaudy record built on creampuffs.

I don't see that as a major issue.

And I don't see that as a situation that will continue to exist as more and more conferences schedule up to nine in-conference games.

And the fact is that Ohio State and Nebraska didn't make it to the NC game.

you want to make it interesting, no more 8-9 game home stands for some teams . no one plays more than 7 home games, make everyone leave there state for a OC game. this is all about sharing the money so show it.

Didn't Al yell out " send me a Cheeseburg Sub from Oswego Sub Shop"

Nice DL review. I forgot about the dismissal of Brewster and Walls on the DL. Add that to the loss of Raymon due to injury and I give Daoust and his DL even more credit.

I don't see that as a major issue.

And I don't see that as a situation that will continue to exist as more and more conferences schedule up to nine in-conference games.

And the fact is that Ohio State and Nebraska didn't make it to the NC game.

Well Ohio State came close and Nebraska played Miami n the NC game in 2002? and got throttled but they had zero business being there because they had a inflated record. Nine games helps but still not a far shake. So for example if Syracuse did not play NW on the road or PSU they add two more guaranteed wins to the schedule at home and all the sudden we are 9-4...

Well Ohio State came close and Nebraska played Miami n the NC game in 2002? and got throttled but they had zero business being there because they had a inflated record. Nine games helps but still not a far shake. So for example if Syracuse did not play NW on the road or PSU they add two more guaranteed wins to the schedule at home and all the sudden we are 9-4...

I just don't think this is a major issue.

Nebraska in 2002?

I can't even remember 2002 at this point.