Turgeon: "We're better than Syracuse in this building"... | Syracusefan.com

Turgeon: "We're better than Syracuse in this building"...

Jake

Mod
Wish he said this before JBs presser. I smell another "scoreboard" reference.

That's rich, considering they enjoyed a hugely disparate FT advantage "in this building" and still lost, with us being squarely in control for the vast majority of the game.

What is Turgeon--taking social etiqutte lessons from Jamie Dixon? At some point, somebody needs to tell these coaches to . If they were "better" they would have won. This type of sentiment is not only foolish, it reeks of sour grapes.

We should have pasted these clowns by 15+, and could have easily done so. In no way were they "better" than us--they were extremely fortunate to have this game get clos at the end and not get run off the court.

Watch the replay when Maryland was down 2 and G turns it over and Maryland gets fouled. This tool is making the travel signal before G turns it over, then goes completely apestuff when they get the steal. He's jumping up and down and waving his arms, he looks like a little kid it's unbelievable. He should be embarrassed, not sure if I've ever seen a coach act that way. He was literally jumping up and down as high as he possibly could while the play was happening.

I thought he did say it before JB spoke since JB had several comebacks in his PC, including this gem if reference to Turgeon complaining about Baye's block at the end not being called a foul "maybe if they didn't turn it over 18 times, they wouldn't have to worry about it."

How does he know they are better than Syracuse in that building? Far as I know..they've played them there once...turned it over 18 times..and lost. I would like some hard evidence to support his contention. The null hypothesis is syracuse is better than Maryland no matter where they play. Ive yet to see evidence that would compel me to reject the null hypothesis.

RF2044 said:
That's rich, considering they enjoyed a hugely disparate FT advantage "in this building" and still lost, with us being squarely in control for the vast majority of the game. What is Turgeon--taking social etiqutte lessons from Jamie Dixon? At some point, somebody needs to tell these coaches to . If they were "better" they would have won. This type of sentiment is not only foolish, it reeks of sour grapes. We should have pasted these clowns by 15+, and could have easily done so. In no way were they "better" than us--they were extremely fortunate to have this game get clos at the end and not get run off the court.

We could have pasted these clowns by 15. That's the problem with this. Could have, but didn't.

44cuse

In what universe is this guy living? I think the only time Maryland ever had the lead was at 5-3...we led the rest of the way mostly comfortably and did actually, you know, win the game (sans grant mind you). I don't know what he was watching but his team surely sucked, especially considering all the advantages (rest, a week to prepare, injured syracuse players, quick turnaround for cuse, refs, being at home), he should just and worry about coaching his team better.

No, they weren't better than us. We were better than them, unfortunately that doesn't make us good because Maryland blows.

Maryland enjoyed an incredible home court advantage and got some questionable calls. We won in spite of having JG sit the entire second half, and with Rac and CJ is pretty bad foul trouble. We won because we executed at the end of the game. I wish Trevor would shoot more two point field goals when the three isn't falling. CJs step back three was awesome too...

If I fault one thing, it's JB taking the air out of the ball with 6 minutes left. Whatever though...we won on the road and are in total control of our destiny...We will win in Charlotteville...

Turdon knows that Syracuse recruits heavily in Maryland and he is trying to close off Maryland to SU. He knows that Georgetown is down and hopes to jump into their place as a yearly opponent. What better way to create a rivalry than to have the coaches spat. Maryland is in a predicament with the ACC originals possibly boycotting playing Maryland due to the departure.

Maryland enjoyed an incredible home court advantage and got some questionable calls. We won in spite of having JG sit the entire second half, and with Rac and CJ is pretty bad foul trouble. We won because we executed at the end of the game. I wish Trevor would shoot more two point field goals when the three isn't falling. CJs step back three was awesome too...

If I fault one thing, it's JB taking the air out of the ball with 6 minutes left. Whatever though...we won on the road and are in total control of our destiny...We will win in Charlotteville...

Cooney has to be more multi attack in his offense. He has a nice shot when he does and is an average ball handler to be able to free himself enough to get a shot off.

Turdon knows that Syracuse recruits heavily in Maryland and he is trying to close off Maryland to SU. He knows that Georgetown is down and hopes to jump into their place as a yearly opponent. What better way to create a rivalry than to have the coaches spat. Maryland is in a predicament with the ACC originals possibly boycotting playing Maryland due to the departure.
No problem. They're better than Rutgers.

"If their most dynamic player is injured, their star player and starting center are on the bench with foul trouble, and we shoot 20 more free throws as they wear down in their 3rd game in 6 days Maryland is ALMOST better than Syracuse in the building." That must be what he meant to say

"If their most dynamic player is injured, their star player and starting center are on the bench with foul trouble, and we shoot 20 more free throws as they wear down in their 3rd game in 6 days Maryland is ALMOST better than Syracuse in the building." That must be what he meant to say
Plus he meant to say "It's a moral victory. We had the ball in our hands at the end of the game. That's what we play for. A chance to win. And we had it".

Sorry Mark. It's still a loss and your team is tied for eighth in the conference.

Our first ACCT game could very well be against MD.