Turning point my have been | Syracusefan.com

Turning point my have been

mark79

Doughnut connoisseur
When they called Triche for the charge on what should have been a three point play. Instead of being up three with 6 to go in the first half we were down 1, a 4 point swing plus big momentum change.

It most definitely was not a charge. Triche was in the air when player was
still sliding in with one foot not even yet planted. Hard to say of one play really turned the tide but this one sure hurt.

Another one that hurt was the no call on Joseph's three a minute later. Puzzling as the red was right there. Combine these two and we would have been up 7 assuming free throws made.

That was a HUGE call. 4 point swing in a game that was fiercely competetive. The others were Triche's missed three when we were down 1, wouldve brought the house down and finally gave us the lead and Lenzelle bleeping Smith, whoever the **** that is, hitting a couple ridiculous shots everytime we got it close.

Isn't that when JB got T'd up as well?

Had to be the quickest trigger T I have ever seen, let alone 1 in the tourney.

I love how the ref runs right past Sullinger as he screams "f***ing bulls**t" to the ref, but yea lets T up Jimmy after they blow a play in which 3 fouls occured, all one OSU yet somehow they call the foul on Triche.

Yep, no three point play for us and they hit one out of two for JB's technical.

I love how the ref runs right past Sullinger as he screams "f***ing bulls**t" to the ref, but yea lets T up Jimmy after they blow a play in which 3 fouls occured, all one OSU yet somehow they call the foul on Triche.

I'll never have a problem with the Refs giving a player more rope than a coach.....that said the officiating was b.s.

I'll never have a problem with the Refs giving a player more rope than a coach.....that said the officiating was b.s.
Agreed, but when you completely make a mockery of the blocking/charge rule and then quickly T up the coach who finally says something after repeatedly blowing the whistle, doing their best superhead impression, they shouldve let it go.

Agreed, but when you completely make a mockery of the blocking/charge rule and then quickly T up the coach who finally says something after repeatedly blowing the whistle, doing their best superhead impression, they shouldve let it go.

Completely agree with that. JB getting a technical foul is almost as clear a sign that this game was poorly officiated as us having 5 guys with 4 or more fouls. I mean when was the last time either thing happened????

When they called Triche for the charge on what should have been a three point play. Instead of being up three with 6 to go in the first half we were down 1, a 4 point swing plus big momentum change.

still sliding in with one foot not even yet planted. Hard to say of one play really turned the tide but this one sure hurt.

Another one that hurt was the no call on Joseph's three a minute later. Puzzling as the red was right there. Combine these two and we would have been up 7 assuming free throws made.

I think that is the obvious moment because of the point swing.

That being said, the game was still there to be won in the second half, but the team let Ohio State jump out on them when they had a 3-4 possession stretch of settling for quick, contested jumpers (JB rightly called timeout soon thereafter), and later in the second when they had the back-to-back turnovers (scoop and kjo).

I think that is the obvious moment because of the point swing.

That being said, the game was still there to be won in the second half, but the team let Ohio State jump out on them when they had a 3-4 possession stretch of settling for quick, contested jumpers (JB rightly called timeout soon thereafter), and later in the second when they had the back-to-back turnovers (scoop and kjo).

True dat.

YUP. That's the game.

Terrible call - aside from the contact, their player's position wasn't even clearly established outside of the circle. Might have been a momentum changer, but that early there are going to be several swings. Unless, you believe that the momentum change on the play was going to be so powerful that we blow out to a double digit half-time lead you still can't blame a loss on bad first half call.

Game was there to be won late - they executed - we turned the ball over & that is why we lost.

Look at what the Ville did when it mattered. Somehow I didn't see the guys in Orange doing anything similiar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom