Turning point .. | Syracusefan.com

Turning point ..

Guinness

Living Legend
It certainly seems (in my twisted head at least) that this season turned on the bad call against CJ at Duke where coach went nuts. It feels like since that moment every big call has gone against us. I cannot remember the last big charge/ block call that has gone our way..

I am not saying the refs have been out to put JB in his place but as a fan it really feels that way. It doesn't seem like we have gotten the same treatment that we did to start the season.

Maybe it is in their heads too like it is mine as a fan. Perhaps the best thing this team has to look forward to is getting to the tournament and having non-ACC refs do the games.

Honestly. I think it all went south right after Ennis dropped the 35 footer to beat Pitt

Honestly I thought the refs were fine last night. But yeah the Ennis shot vs. Pitt used up the last of our magic.

Honestly I thought the refs were fine last night. But yeah the Ennis shot vs. Pitt used up the last of our magic.

I wasnt a fan of the charge call on Ennis. No part of that move wasn't a basketball motion and no part of the contact wouldve sent a player flying like that.

I wasnt a fan of the charge call on Ennis. No part of that move wasn't a basketball motion and no part of the contact wouldve sent a player flying like that.
Agree, but not sure what angle the ref had. It could have looked like Ennis gave him more of a push with his off arm than he really did.

Agree, but not sure what angle the ref had. It could have looked like Ennis gave him more of a push with his off arm than he really did.

Even if it was a foul it had not been called all game against him. Why call it there in such a big spot?

My problem was, he didn't. He brought his arm up because he was spinning to switch the dribble. It wasn't like his well pronounced end of game charge a few weeks back. Teams have obviously watched a ton of film on us though, and we kindly oblige by repeatedly doing exactly what they have prepared for us to do.

jdubs30 said:
Because Barber fell (flopped)

I watched the replay a few times, without question Ennis pushed him off. If you watch it slowly you can see Ennis's hand clenching as if he was using his arm muscles to do it.

Didn't have a problem with that call.

I watched the replay a few times, without question Ennis pushed him off. If you watch it slowly you can see Ennis's hand clenching as if he was using his arm muscles to do it.

Didn't have a problem with that call.
Ok, that's fine. I didn't have a problem with it when i thappened and I thought the refs were consistent all night. It was the first time all year that Grant was getting calls. I liked that crew.

The season turned in the whichever was the first game that JB didn't play any of the Sons, however, most of the board was deluded by the early season record. I wasn't.

It certainly seems (in my twisted head at least) that this season turned on the bad call against CJ at Duke where coach went nuts. It feels like since that moment every big call has gone against us. I cannot remember the last big charge/ block call that has gone our way..

I am not saying the refs have been out to put JB in his place but as a fan it really feels that way. It doesn't seem like we have gotten the same treatment that we did to start the season.

Maybe it is in their heads too like it is mine as a fan. Perhaps the best thing this team has to look forward to is getting to the tournament and having non-ACC refs do the games.
There is no one moment. It was just a slow weardown. First the DC injury, then keitas knee, then grants back, the Cooneys ankle last night.very few teams could withstand injuries like that. Just look at MSU since dawson, payne and appling got banged up . People fogot they were number one for awhile. They could get it back but they have paid the price. or Kansas since Embiid got injured, they were the most talented club before his back went. Since that time they have given up over ninety to mighty WV and Ist. If he doesnt come back they are toast. Injuries suck but are a part of the game. Its why depth is such a key but even depth wont nec save you. KU has some depth but that cant make up for no embiid. No one can replace Grant for us...

Season turned when SUAD cut down the Dome nets after the Duke game for one of their stupid auctions. Would be curious how much $ they made from selling both of them-did they even get 10k total?

I think we did get a blocking/charge call in our favor once last night. That may have been the first since Duke.

My only gripe with that call is that Warren did it as well. In the first half he stiff armed G while pretty much dribbling directly into the defender - foul on G. That seemed far more egregious to me - he had a similar one in the second half. Oh well.

Season turned when SUAD cut down the Dome nets after the Duke game for one of their stupid auctions. Would be curious how much $ they made from selling both of them-did they even get 10k total?

I certainly hope you don't really believe that.

The season turned when Murry showed up. Or that guy with the Danny Schayes autograph. Or all those threads talking about forum decorum. It all contributed!!!!! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom