Turnovers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Turnovers

Possessions is an expression for pace of play.
It would seem that generally the faster you play, the more turnovers you'll have.

Pearl, MCW and others above Judah in more turnovers, I promise you had the ball in their hands way more.

Assist/TO ratio alongside the minutes per turnover average may provide a helpful perspective?
There's a tradeoff(?)
A PG with a higher assists/TO ratio could more easily be forgiven for a higher MPT ratio.
ie: nothing ventured, nothing gained;)
I can only work with what the good folks over at orangehoops.org provide. It's not exactly MIT over there. ;)

Pearl, MCW and others above Judah in more turnovers, I promise you had the ball in their hands way more.
So what? Turnovers per minute does not mean that If you play more minutes your ratio will increase. turnovers will increase but that does not mean that the ratio will increase. Fact is that Judah has a very tight handle.

I can only work with what the good folks over at orangehoops.org provide. It's not exactly MIT over there. ;)

You can grab TOV% if you don't want to do too much work, but with that said, I would guess it prob is in the ballpark of what you sent.

I feel like we've gone a bit more iso heavy which should limit TOs lately (eg Buddy last year), but I have no data to back that up.

With that said, I think if you look at Joe, for example, he has issues with pressure when having to dribble 45 feet with pressure, but he's really good at PnR passes. Not surprised if his TO rate isn't crazy. I trust him when he's in action in the half court as long as our big sets a halfway decent screen.

Judah's biggest issue is decision-making once he hits that second level defense. He may not TO as much, but he clearly needs to improve there.

Interesting stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom