TV- Albany | Syracusefan.com

TV- Albany

Nick44

All Conference
Whenever I see that the game is to air on SNY at noon tomorrow I cringe. 9 times out of 10 when I turn it on at that time they black it out and play a re-run of that stupid fat guy who asks sports questions to drunks in bars.

Anyone think this will be blacked out tomorrow in Albany? Any other options or are we stuck with ESPN3???

Whenever I see that the game is to air on SNY at noon tomorrow I cringe. 9 times out of 10 when I turn it on at that time they black it out and play a re-run of that stupid fat guy who asks sports questions to drunks in bars.

Anyone think this will be blacked out tomorrow in Albany? Any other options or are we stuck with ESPN3???

If it is blacked out on SNY in your area, that means that Time Warner has the authority to broadcast the game. Check the TWCS channels.

On Albany TW3 tomorrow, there is a local college game on (Union/RPI) in the same time slot (that game starts at 1:30). Typically, SU is then shown on TW1 for which you need digital cable. The only way to confirm is to check game listings in tomorrow's Times Union sport section.

Confirmed in this morning's Times Union. TW1 meaning SNY will be blacked out.

Just checked ESPN3 and they have most of New York State blacked-out, including Albany, Syracuse and NYC. According to them, it's because the game can be picked up by local channels. :noidea:

It's been 6-7 years since I lived in Albany, but they used to show all the Syracuse games on TW3. I'm guessing that the Coach Who Shall Not Be Named successfully killed interest in the Albany area...which wasn't exactly a hot bed anyway.

at 12, check SNY, and your TWC sports channels. there are more than one. one of them is guaranteed to have the game.

It's been 6-7 years since I lived in Albany, but they used to show all the Syracuse games on TW3. I'm guessing that the Coach Who Shall Not Be Named successfully killed interest in the Albany area...which wasn't exactly a hot bed anyway.
They are still all shown on TW3. Whatever is shown on TW in Syracuse is shown on TW3 in Albany. We get all the non-ESPN football and basketball broadcasts as well as all of the lacrosse games. However, today there is a conflict in that TW3 is showing a local college game (Union/RPI) in the same time slot moving SU to TW1. TW1 requires one to have digital cable (i.e., if you have basic cable, you don't get it). For us SU fans in the Albany area, TW3 is very good to us!

That hasn't been true this year from my experience. The last 2 years if I taped the game on SNY I would go to watch the game again sunday and find out it was the stupid beer money show. This year I'm pretty sure every game so far has been on SNY if it is originally listed on there.

So it should be on SNY

That hasn't been true this year from my experience. The last 2 years if I taped the game on SNY I would go to watch the game again sunday and find out it was the stupid beer money show. This year I'm pretty sure every game so far has been on SNY if it is originally listed on there.

So it should be on SNY
I wouldn't count on it being shown on SNY in Albany. This year, I've DVR'd games on TW3 but never on SNY. If the game is on TW, it is normally blacked out on SNY. SNY is showing the game; however, I'm guessing today will be no different and that the SNY broadcast of the game will be blacked on Albany TW. I'm betting that today's only option is digital cable channel TW1. For everyone's sake, I hope I'm wrong.

Quick question - Can TW1 be picked up in HD? If I recall TW3 is now on HD channel 1803. I checked 1801 for TW1 but had no such luck. Just curious thanks