TV Link for Spring Game? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

TV Link for Spring Game?

I'm guessing the no TV was because they wanted as many people to go to the dome as possible considering the forced Friday night "game". Hopefully next year it returns to Saturday. I couldn't go last night as I work until 5 and couldn't justify going to a practice along with the 1hr drive, if it was an actual game,or a normal spring game I'd have gone.

I'm guessing the no TV was because they wanted as many people to go to the dome as possible considering the forced Friday night "game". Hopefully next year it returns to Saturday. I couldn't go last night as I work until 5 and couldn't justify going to a practice along with the 1hr drive, if it was an actual game,or a normal spring game I'd have gone.
But why not just blackout NY State.

Few people will realistically make the trip from NYC for a Friday night game. You'd have to either not work, or 'just' miss part of work. And, very, very few people are going to fly in from out of state. So why not just blackout upstate, NY? That would create the same kind of 'go to the game if you're close' pressure, which giving the program more national exposure. Or, even if casual fans wouldn't watch, it would still help connect far away fans/alums w/ the school.

The black out and/or Friday night event time did not work. Half the usual showed up. Live and learn

Is there a link to the actual broadcast? I haven't found it yet.

Is there a link to the actual broadcast? I haven't found it yet.

There was no actual broadcast besides what Tomcat did as far as I know.

There was no actual broadcast besides what Tomcat did as far as I know.
Then we were misled as it said coverage by the ACC Network extra or some such thing

Then we were misled as it said coverage by the ACC Network extra or some such thing
You are right, the SU spring game was originally supposed to be live streamed on ESPN. I am convinced Dino Babers didn’t want it televised and got his way.

Dino is pretty paranoid. I bet he didn’t want film of young Devito throwing and running, as well as some of the other young future stars on this team. It might pay off in the fall...

Last edited:
You are right, the SU spring game was originally supposed to be live streamed on ESPN. I am convinced Dino Babers didn’t want it televised and got his way.

Dino is pretty paranoid. I bet he didn’t want film of young Devito throwing and running, as well as some of the other young future stars on this team. It might pay off in the fall...
I'm cool w/ the decision if that's the case. I'm less cool w/ it if the decision was the result of mismanagement.

Dino also made sure fans could only sit on the home team sideline.

I know you're thinking oh that's no big deal - didn't want it to look more empty...

Imagine being a ticket sales rep, going out the day before or the morning off and taping off the best available seats ...

and no one could sit in them and see them.

That's frustrating

EDIT

As OrangeXtreme pointed out - if you asked you could go over there.

From talking to a few people about it, it seemed like the lack of people's free reign may have stunted some potential sales - hence my frustration lol.

Overall I believe they were happy with the season tickets sold

Last edited:
Dino also made sure fans could only sit on the home team sideline.

I know you're thinking oh that's no big deal - didn't want it to look more empty...

Imagine being a ticket sales rep, going out the day before or the morning off and taping off the best available seats ...

and no one could sit in them and see them.

That's frustrating

False.

1. Dome Management closed off 1/2 the Dome because for 2,500 people there was no need to staff 2 more concession stands and bring in a bunch of ushers and custodial workers..

2. Anyone wishing to see the seats on that side of the Dome only had to ask a sales rep and they would have been taken over there.

False.

1. Dome Management closed off 1/2 the Dome because for 2,500 people there was no need to staff 2 more concession stands and bring in a bunch of ushers and custodial workers..

2. Anyone wishing to see the seats on that side of the Dome only had to ask a sales rep and they would have been taken over there.

That's fair then. I'll edit the post in a sec then. I was told it was all sectioned off (which i understand other than the seat selection) so unless you asked you weren't going over there.

I'm not happy about this, to say the least. I believe the lack of streaming to be a steaming pile of scat that wreaks of amateurism. Even more concerning to me is that the media hasn't seemed to address that the game wasn't televised in any form other than Tomcat (that I'd seen). However, I guess I'm glad that those in attendance were treated to a seemingly proper scrimmage instead of a repeat of the run off tackle, less than ideal game that was streamed last year

Last edited:
there are tons of spring games, just how many were shown. even more how many were cancelled?

I dont know that showing a game for 1-200 people online is worth the cost and effort.

there are tons of spring games, just how many were shown. even more how many were cancelled?

I dont know that showing a game for 1-200 people online is worth the cost and effort.

More people than that watched on Tomcat's periscope stream. Also like I said even small schools like Grand Valley State, Kenesaw State had theirs steamed on ESPN Networks.

The black out and/or Friday night event time did not work. Half the usual showed up. Live and learn
Nothing to learn. They knew who/how many were coming, staffed appropriately and shutdown half of the dome. They knew.

The streaming decision was 1 persons decision.

Had nothing to do with cost, production, effort, etc.

The problem is ... if you want the Dome full you have to showcase the program. This was an opportunity to do that while fan interest is improving. We need all the exposure we can get to re-build the fan-base. I love the guy as a coach but not streaming this game was a poor decision (although I appreciated your ad hoc effort).

The problem is ... if you want the Dome full you have to showcase the program. This was an opportunity to do that while fan interest is improving. We need all the exposure we can get to re-build the fan-base. I love the guy as a coach but not streaming this game was a poor decision (although I appreciated your ad hoc effort).
I agree. If it were up to me, I would have streamed it. Just saying I am pretty sure this was done by order of the HC. He wants to keep info on our young players on the down low...

I agree. If it were up to me, I would have streamed it. Just saying I am pretty sure this was done by order of the HC. He wants to keep info on our young players on the down low...
That explains all the yellow coat security checking to make sure only SU Students and STHs were allowed into...oh wait, they didn't do that. So what's to stop Pitt/BC/anybody from sending a GA to record on their phone? It just doesn't make sense.

That explains all the yellow coat security checking to make sure only SU Students and STHs were allowed into...oh wait, they didn't do that. So what's to stop Pitt/BC/anybody from sending a GA to record on their phone? It just doesn't make sense.
I think there is a world of difference between a professionally produced broadcast, with 12 cameras operated by trained camera people, ability to show slow motion replay/multiple looks at given plays, a director and announcers with access to inside info talking about the players all game long versus some kid trying to film things on his own with a low grade phone camera with a crude, hard to operate manual focus.

If not, ESPN really is in serious trouble.

I think there is a world of difference between a professionally produced broadcast, with 12 cameras operated by trained camera people, ability to show slow motion replay/multiple looks at given plays, a director and announcers with access to inside info talking about the players all game long versus some kid trying to film things on his own with a low grade phone camera with a crude, hard to operate manual focus.

If not, ESPN really is in serious trouble.
nailed-it-meme-94-best-nailed-it-memes-images-on-pinterest-it-memes-nailed-it-free.jpg

Yup, just ignore my stupid earlier response please.

i think there is a rule that does not allow for any other team to send anyone to these things to watch or record period. i know they cant go watch a game in person. you get caught recording which is also illegal anyway and you are from another team i dont know what would happen.

i think there is a rule that does not allow for any other team to send anyone to these things to watch or record period. i know they cant go watch a game in person. you get caught recording which is also illegal anyway and you are from another team i dont know what would happen.
$500,000 dollar fine
Loss of first round draft pick

-Bill Belichick

Last edited:
We are talking about a team from Boston here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom