Tweet on Devante McFarlane | Syracusefan.com

Tweet on Devante McFarlane

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
#CuseFootball commit DeVante McFarlane just told me he has over 1,000 combined passing/rushing yards and 16 TDs in four games #Wowzers

#CuseFootball commit DeVante McFarlane just told me he has over 1,000 combined passing/rushing yards and 16 TDs in four games #Wowzers

Aren't like 2/3 or 3/4 of those yards from running the ball???? this kid is gonna be slick. I know the consensus is that he will end up on defense, but I'd like to see him get a RS year and then get a real long look at RB.

Aren't like 2/3 or 3/4 of those yards from running the ball???? this kid is gonna be slick. I know the consensus is that he will end up on defense, but I'd like to see him get a RS year and then get a real long look at RB.
(Nodding had vigorously)

Heck, let's see if he can compete at the RB spot next season.

is defense the consensus? isn't he the only RB they've taken so far this year? I thought he was signed as a RB

is defense the consensus? isn't he the only RB they've taken so far this year? I thought he was signed as a RB

Perhaps consensus wasn't a good word to use. I think dating back to what Alkire was saying on TOS, every time the kid's name has come up there have been multiple posts or article clips of someone saying he is an ok RB prospect, but could be special at LB. Personally, I think a lot of that stems from the reported 4.6-forty and the fact he looks like he has a good frame to add weight. I thought his film at RB was very impressive, and if he runs a 4.6, then it is a case of other kids not reporting their legit times, cause he can run away from people.

I think the staff will give him every opportunity to make an impact wherever they can use him best.

He has a chance to be the state player of the year. Just having a sick season...

If you didn't notice - SU for the last 3 years has picked up many many NY kids - RU picked up a few and "no one" this year - if you are NYs college team wouldn't you have a lot of success recruiting in NY?

That tweet came from the new Scout guy. Guy's a great follow on twitter, and has been posting a lot of free updates on our current prospects. Had one on Whigham today, really nice article.

Post by the new scout writer suggests we are not a lock to hold onto him. PSU apparently getting involved.

That tweet came from the new Scout guy. Guy's a great follow on twitter, and has been posting a lot of free updates on our current prospects. Had one on Whigham today, really nice article.

He is, I hope he does some coverage of non-committed players. So far so good. Everythings been free so far, though, which I have no idea why. I imagine maybe he's trying to gain some interest?

Post by the new scout writer suggests we are not a lock to hold onto him. PSU apparently getting involved.
didnt want to post this but talk in dix hills same-- hes looking for a "better" offer--

As long as Notre Dame doesn't get involved we should be fine... PSU is the only "great" program that has given any attention according to TOS, and given the fact he blew up at their camp, if he was infatuated by them I don't think he would have jumped aboard the Cuse train so quickly.

A few of us glass-is-half-full guys said that this was shaping up to be a very good class, and by the end of the year the real goal was not going to be adding guys late, but keeping our own. I hope I am wrong about the adding names late part... but as of right now, I am extremely happy about the ACC business, because guys like Brantley, Owens, and McFarlane will not be easy to hold onto IMO... thank God guys like Cornelius, Whigham, Ford, and the Milford boys seem locked in.

Whatever McFarlane wants to play when he gets here, LB or RB, promise it to him and hope the other teams want him to be something else.