Tweet Violates NCAA Rules | Syracusefan.com

Tweet Violates NCAA Rules

Dumb rule, but don't these kids have orientation and learn what NOT to tweet before they start "work" there?

After being named the best social media school, SU faceplants.

that account actually tweeted twice.

And blackknight and myself both tweeted to them after the 1st tweet that it was a recruiting violation. The 2nd tweet was the 1 announcing that Coleman was coming to cuse. Blacknight may or may not have had a temper tantrum about it. :rolling:

So is it a serious issue??

I mean it was done for the Syracuse community on twitter. The school makes no money off of it nobody signed up on twitter to hear it (obviously) and it wasn't a future recruit but one who already verballed.

There is no money being made off of those 5 words well yet anyway. But we can turn it into a dome chant soon enough :D

I doubt it will be a serious issue this time... but they can't do it again.

The kid held a press conference, covered by the national sports media, where he announced he would be heading to SU. SU basically relays the information via tweet and it's an NCAA violation. I understand the reason for the rule in general, but I really don't see the logic in applying that rule in instances like this where players hold press conferences to announce their decisions. Is it still a violation if they had tweeted "Big commitment news!" and linked to the story?

If the NCAA even tries to make something out of this Cantor and Gross should take the Jim Calhoun approach and thumb their noses at them. Absolutely ridiculous.

When they decide to really punish OSU, UConn and Auburn, come back and see us.

If the NCAA even tries to make something out of this Cantor and Gross should take the Jim Calhoun approach and thumb their noses at them. Absolutely ridiculous.

When they decide to really punish OSU, UConn and Auburn, come back and see us.

Sweet! All I have to do is type the word burn and a burning couch pops up. NICE!!!!

Burn, baby burn baby burn...DISCO INFERNO!!! Burn baby burn baby burn

Dumb rule, but don't these kids have orientation and learn what NOT to tweet before they start "work" there?

No, as I found out yesterday, they don't.

It won't be a big deal since we're self reporting it and I doubt we even get a slap on the wrist, but it's just something so stupid that can be avoided. And the fact that two University accounts tweeted twice each about it, even after people told them that it was a violation, drove me up a wall.

Both accounts are run by student interns btw.

The kid held a press conference, covered by the national sports media, where he announced he would be heading to SU. SU basically relays the information via tweet and it's an NCAA violation. I understand the reason for the rule in general, but I really don't see the logic in applying that rule in instances like this where players hold press conferences to announce their decisions. Is it still a violation if they had tweeted "Big commitment news!" and linked to the story?

I don't think it will ultimately be a problem. The point is that it is a violation of rule and an obvious one at that. If I had a dollar for every time the Post Standard wrote an article aboun a recruit and said JB would not comment because it is a violation of NCAA policy to comment on a player before he is enrolled (or committed or whatever), I'd be a rich man.

i think the point that is being made, is what the is the Athletic Department doing up there??? We make fun of Athletes that run off at the mouth in social media and get themselves in trouble all the time...and here is SU, who is supposed to be a sophisticated organization, doing it.

sick... can we get some more of these burn ing smileys?

wait is that serious? you type burn?

I hear if you type in your account password it automatically makes it stars. Mine is ********

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom