TWITTER FREE - NBA 2018 Draft Discussion Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

TWITTER FREE - NBA 2018 Draft Discussion Thread

No. Different positions.

They grabbed Vanderbilt in the second round. Not looking good for Lydon at all. I’m sure he gets traded before the season starts.

They grabbed Vanderbilt in the second round. Not looking good for Lydon at all. I’m sure he gets traded before the season starts.

Lydon was a first rounder.

According to Cusefan0307's article he posted in another thread, Lydon has transformed his body, and is more mentally ready to go now fwiw. Think we see a totally different player this season.

Also was listening to reports the Nuggs could sit Porter, he had bad physical reports, and after all it's a back issue. I expect a lot to unfold on both of these players over the summer.

Mavs were very very good throughout the 2000s and have had a few down years, but this is how good franchises get out of those downturns
They have created some of their own problems recently - Barnes signing, Noel, other than Smith their drafts have been iffy. They were smart to snag Dirk for sure.

Sit him for the season.
The guy’s talent is top 5 in this draft.
He can miss a year and it’s a great pick.
and you are the Hornets - you stink. Always reach for the higher talent. What are you out? is the MSU guy and two second rounders moving you up? Crazy

The thing with Porter, if his back is really an issue, is sitting him a year going to fix it? Not sure it does.

According to Cusefan0307's article he posted in another thread, Lydon has transformed his body, and is more mentally ready to go now fwiw. Think we see a totally different player this season.

Also was listening to reports the Nuggs could sit Porter, he had bad physical reports, and after all it's a back issue. I expect a lot to unfold on both of these players over the summer.

Rumor has it the Nuggets are trying to unload Faried and Arthur. Good luck with that.

porter shot himself in the foot by cancelling workouts and not disclosing medical records. If he really had a 100% clean bill of health why would he do that ?

Even if he comes back 80 to 90% that probably would not be enough to make him worthy of being picked higher than he was. This was a huge gamble by Denver and not a no-brainer. However, he probably represented their best shot as acquiring a superstar at # 14, even if those percentages were low.

I like the Nugs, but first and foremost i am a Knick fan.

I like the Knox pick, it gave the Knicks a nice combination of a player who could help a little this season, has significant upside, and fills a positional need. If the Knicks were a legit playoff contender this season i might have preferred Bridges, but no way that will happen with Porzingus on the sideline for most of the season. Knox is very young and, hopefully, just coming into his own. he supposedly ate up the other Bridges in a workout.

The Knicks #2 pick was very intriguing. Robinson was probably the draft's second biggest mystery player after Porter. All the size, skills, and talent. However, does he have the motivation and dedication ? The second round is where you take that kind of a risk. The Knicks also signed an Arizona kid with a sweet stroke on a two way deal.

All in all, I like the knicks draft, not sure they could have done much better relative to their draft position. Hindsight is always 100% - see donovon mitchell last year, but with foresight only, I like what they did.

I really don't like the Knox pick. I think I would've gone Bridges there, especially if I then could've done that Suns trade

I really don't like the Knox pick. I think I would've gone Bridges there, especially if I then could've done that Suns trade
I hear what you are saying about the trade. However, you don't trade down from somebody you really like. You only trade down if you are not totally sold on the guy you are drafting.

We probably won't know all about Knox for two years, can only hope they got it right.

I would not have wanted to go all the way down to #16. The pre-draft trade rumor that did have me fascinated was #9 for the clippers # 12 & # 13. You could have then gambled on Porter and still got somebody else who would have helped.

I hear what you are saying about the trade. However, you don't trade down from somebody you really like. You only trade down if you are not totally sold on the guy you are drafting.

We probably won't know all about Knox for two years, can only hope they got it right.

I would not have wanted to go all the way down to #16. The pre-draft trade rumor that did have me fascinated was #9 for the clippers # 12 & # 13. You could have then gambled on Porter and still got somebody else who would have helped.

Yeah I just question them for really liking Knox. I don't see it

Both of Porter's sisters had their college careers cut short due to injury. I wonder if that was a factor at all.

Rumor has it the Nuggets are trying to unload Faried and Arthur. Good luck with that.
Yeah, lot of rumors and stuff flying around, I've been listening to all of it on local talk radio all day so far. Too early to say anything yet. They were trying to shop Faried last season, so I'm sure they'd love to get rid of him now and whittle it down to only 20 forwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom