Two areas where we are woefully lacking talent | Syracusefan.com

Two areas where we are woefully lacking talent

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Wide Receiver and Secondary. We need a serious upgrade in talent in both of those departments to compete with the Southern schools built on high octane passing games.

Our WR situation is lousy. GMcD is here to upgrade that slot.

Like Spielman said, 95% of this is talent.

That is pretty accurate. We have no speed whatsoever on the outside.

#21 has looked pretty good this game after taking over for Anderson. Pass deflected, TFL and an INT.

That is pretty accurate. We have no speed whatsoever on the outside.
While I agree we are lacking in speed in the secondary, they are wide open because of missed assignments or poor scheme. sure looks to me like We are being out coached on d and out schemed.

Florange44

WR should get better next year right? CBs have been bad for a decade.

Could use another good Tight End.

I think Marrone also knew this and got out before this got exposed.
Kinda makes me think he knew he was gone long before the end of the season. He wasn't really trying to fix it with recruiting.

Alec Lemon and Marcus Sales hid a lot of flaws on the unit I guess.

and coaching. they had two weeks to prepare. this effort was inexcusable.
did they? didnt look it-maybe they didnt get the memo and took a vaca

as a dc hcss coached with a huge set of balls- as a hc he has mailed them back home to mama

We have plenty to offer to good recruits. The staff just has to be able to sell them to commit.

One thing we can offer recruits with any sort of talent is early playing time. Our coaches might not be good and might not be able to game plan but at least you will be on the field.

imo getting pasted at home on national tv is never an effective recruiting tool.

Our WR situation is lousy. GMcD is here to upgrade that slot.

Like Spielman said, 95% of this is talent.

really? i think 75% of it is our schemes, especially defensively. talent doesnt get your open by 15 yards play after play. Morris vs Bullough was the biggest mismatch today

if the game plan was to let them get behind the backfield and play catch it worked awesomely

really? i think 75% of it is our schemes, especially defensively. talent doesnt get your open by 15 yards play after play. Morris vs Bullough was the biggest mismatch today

You ain't gonna scheme our WRs against those DBs. They got jammed all over the place, that's talent.

You can scheme not to have there WR's running wipe open all over the place.

You ain't gonna scheme our WRs against those DBs. They got jammed all over the place, that's talent.

yes offensively, especially at WR we need a serious talent upgrade, not arguing that. i am talking primarily defense

we gave up td passes of 60yds,42yds,40yds and 91yds.pleez tell me what adjustments were made. or is this something we have to accept.

Well we adjusted to take away the 40-60 yard TD pass in the second half... Now if we can just stop the 90 yard range we would have been good.

Well we adjusted to take away the 40-60 yard TD pass in the second half... Now if we can just stop the 90 yard range we would have been good.
did we or did they just get real tired running around untouched