Two dropped TD's... | Syracusefan.com

Two dropped TD's...

OrangeCrush22

All Conference
We should have been in the lead. You can't fault the coaches for this game. It's all on the players. They didn't make plays. The coaches are just a scapegoat.

The second touchdown was only caused by the good field position because of the first drop. We would have never been anywhere near a lead. There is plenty or blame to go around but ultimately its the coach's team.

Offensively, I agree. Not the coaches fault. (except the 1st quarter) Defense play calling was horrendous except a couple of series. They pretty much just ran it like UConn and we can't defend.

We should have been in the lead. You can't fault the coaches for this game. It's all on the players. They didn't make plays. The coaches are just a scapegoat.

I disagree, and here's why. Coaching is all about putting the players in position to succeed. On the surface, yes, the coaches appear to have called a good play, and you can make the case that the players have to make plays. But the thing that gets missed, is that EVERYBODY in the college game makes mistakes, and what kills us is that we sacrifice SOOOOO many plays with our conservative BS. Every play means more to us than your average team because our coaches take so long to get our offense in any sort of rhythm.

Plus, they seem completely out of touch with environmental factors. I don't think Ryan has any faith that he is going to be standing upright after releasing a pass, the receivers have any faith in the ball being on target, and Ryan any faith that the receivers will actually make the play. This is why I think it is incredibly stupid to FINALLY get ballsy when in the red zone, as there is no confidence in everything going right when the defense is backed into a corner.

This will all change when Syracuse recruits the better players. You can't expect to win with players from a completely horrible team over a 5 year span. The good recruits are now desiring to come here, knowing we have a good coach & an actual chance to compete every week & be on TV all arund the country.

This will all change when Syracuse recruits the better players. You can't expect to win with players from a completely horrible team over a 5 year span. The good recruits are now desiring to come here, knowing we have a good coach & an actual chance to compete every week & be on TV all arund the country.
I truly love your optimism. It's definitely going to take some time and require great patience.

How many Nationally Televised games do we get next year if we don't get to a bowl this year?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Technically there were 3 dropped TD's. Graham shoulda caught the one before the half. Thats 18 points off of the board.

I disagree, and here's why. Coaching is all about putting the players in position to succeed. On the surface, yes, the coaches appear to have called a good play, and you can make the case that the players have to make plays. But the thing that gets missed, is that EVERYBODY in the college game makes mistakes, and what kills us is that we sacrifice SOOOOO many plays with our conservative BS. Every play means more to us than your average team because our coaches take so long to get our offense in any sort of rhythm.

Plus, they seem completely out of touch with environmental factors. I don't think Ryan has any faith that he is going to be standing upright after releasing a pass, the receivers have any faith in the ball being on target, and Ryan any faith that the receivers will actually make the play. This is why I think it is incredibly stupid to FINALLY get ballsy when in the red zone, as there is no confidence in everything going right when the defense is backed into a corner.
Great post, Musky.

But if we play the "what if" game, what about USF fumbling that touchdown out of the back of the endzone.

...am not sure that its the coaches or the players...how about both. The coaching staff is too calm...not outwardly emotional at all; the play calling offensively is offensive...no creativity...no change of pace; plus there appears to be no discipline in the way the players play...from a players persona...not demonstrative with good plays or bad...its almost oh well...what the heck.

This was a winnable game. End of 3rd qtr and start of 4th qtr 'Cuse missed oppty after oppty...with poor execution and poor play calling. I just don't think either the coaches or players are in a winning psyche...rather it seems to be don't make a mistake...keep the game close and then lets win it at the end. Aside from WVU game where both offense and defense were aggressive...I have not seen this aggression in any other game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom