Ty Xanders leaving Inside lacrosse | Syracusefan.com

Ty Xanders leaving Inside lacrosse

Powellfan

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Ty leaving Inside Lacrosse. People like to give him gruff but he provides a ton of news and content. Sounds corny, but he is our version of Schefter or Woj for this sport. He started at IL then started his own thing with recruiting rundown, then came back. Curious what his next step is, as he makes following lacrosse a lot easier. IL also lost Quint last year, sort of makes me wonder if something is going on there.

Sounds like a new project dedicated to HS games and recruiting.

There are enough HS and Club games to keep someone busy fulltime.

Been a lot of messenger shooting with Ty over the years. He is certainly not the reason that Cuse had those bad recruiting classes at the end of the desko era, or why the recruiting scene has shifted so aggressively to prep schools and only the deepest of hotbeds, while areas like our own Upstate NY have seen a major down turn in high end products. But he was certainly the messenger through all that and some animosity was thrown his way as a result that he did not deserve.

There have certainly been those times where he has proven to be a Baltimore boy through and through (not a peep when news of desko being fired is broken early, freaks out on Chris J when he breaks story of Petro leaving). Certainly acts super petty if anyone but him gets some kind of scoop before he does, which is probably his most annoying attribute. But he is an alright guy and the rankings are overall strong indicators of who will do well in each class.

Ty has started his new website. Looks pretty sophisticated and more in line with the college football recruiting sites. The downside is that they are changing $120 for a yearly subscription, which is the world of lacrosse seems pretty steep. He hired Dan Aburn and Dan Ariesta, two guys who do very good work. They are trying to build out a network of scouts across the country, up to 400 people, which I find a bit suspect (I just don't think there are that many people out there to choose from). Should be interesting to follow. I did find this statement a bit eye-opening.

"Recruiting never stops, and neither will we. Daily and year-round analysis — without the conflicts of interest that exist at other publications in the sport — is what will set Prep Lacrosse apart." Talking about NLF? I had always pictured IL as being conflicted with their relationships to coaches and players, but I don't think Ty would take a swipe at his former employer.