Tyler Ennis 2014 Draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis 2014 Draft

If Ennis can make an impact in the NBA, Cuse may get a reputation as the new "point guard U". Will not be an issue to find good ball handlers who want to wear orange.

Everything coming up CUSE!
I agree, Flynn prob helped bring in dion and MCW , who helped bring in Ennis and kaleb and so on. I don't want Ennis to leave and think he shouldn't. But if he does it ain't all bad...

personally i'd hope we never get a reputation as the 1 yr NBA point guard pitstop.

One comp that comes to mind regarding Ennis is Andre Miller. An all around solid pass first point who has classic court savvy. Having said that, Miller played four years in college and significantly improved his shot once in the league. Miller was also much stronger than Ennis at the same stage. You just dont see too many 6'2 180 pg's making it in the league anymore without exceptional quicks or dead eye shooting. I would not worry about him jumping to the draft.

Yeah, this is where I'm at too. I'd be pretty shocked if he's looked at as more than a late 1st-early 2nd round option if he tried to make the jump. I just don't see him being able to score or defend at the next level, and he isn't a good enough passer to make up for that.

I would imagine that NBADraft.net's conversation with a scout went something like this:

NBADraft: So, have you seen this Tyler Ennis kid yet?
Scout: Yeah, he's looked better than expected so far.
NBADraft: So you're saying you'd take him in the lottery?!
Scout: Um...no, I never said---
NBADraft: Too late! Already hit submit on the new article!

Givony might like international players, but NBADraft.net routinely has guys like DaJuan Coleman listed as lottery picks. Their site is generally horrible until we get close to the draft and everybody knows who is likely to go where.
Agreed. I'm pretty sure Rak was listed as a top 10 pick before he ever played at SU.

personally i'd hope we never get a reputation as the 1 yr NBA point guard pitstop.
That's FAR from happening. Wouldn't Ennis be the first ever at Cuse? I personally think he is here two to three yrs. right now he is benefitting from the ideal spacing grant , CJ and TC provide and their ability to finish. Would he be an nba prospect if he played for seton hall right now? the scouts will consider that. IMO...

Really curious to see how Ennis does with an offseason with the training staff.

I won't be surprised if he's a 2 year player. He'll be on stacked teams and on TV a lot. People will know the name. A couple of good tourney runs and his stock should be high.

My prediction for Ennis if he leaves after this year for the NBA. He will get drafted, but this is what will be to the right of his name every game:

"DNP COACH'S DECISION"

If Ennis is a junior or senior averaging 30+ points per game then he has a chance to play in the NBA. Otherwise, he will end up in Europe or China.
Agree with the DNP COACH'S DECISION part and feel the same can be said of Grant. The 30 point part of your post is silly. It would be nice if these kids could take the money part of the decision out of it. Do they want to play basketball games or practice basketball and ride the pine. That said, I think Ennis is back no matter what and am hopeful that Grant doesn't need the money and would like a little attention next year. This year he's the #4 option. If he comes back he's the #1 option.

Can't hurt his stock right now that he's shooting 43.5% on threes (on admittedly not many attempts).

Anyone see Ennis elevate on that missed dunk against SJU?

Have we discussed this?

Where the hell did that come from.

Anyone see Ennis elevate on that missed dunk against SJU?

Have we discussed this?

Where the hell did that come from.
Yeah it should be pretty clear that the whole Ennis is not a good athlete thing is overdone. But having said that he should have just straight laid it in or gone for the reverse. That was a freshman mistake. Which he doesn't make many of...

If Tyler wants to play in the NBA, he needs to spend some time at GNC
pGNC1-6329164nm.jpg

Yeah it should be pretty clear that the whole Ennis is not a good athlete thing is overdone. But having said that he should have just straight laid it in or gone for the reverse. That was a freshman mistake. Which he doesn't make many of...
Well at least now we know he's at least part human.

If Tyler wants to play in the NBA, he needs to spend some time at GNC
pGNC1-6329164nm.jpg
Does this sound familiar?

We all get it that you really, really, really don't want your favorite Orangemen to go to the pros, but they are not going to be convinced by your arguments argument because they don't read the forum.

Just kidding around

If Ennis can make an impact in the NBA, Cuse may get a reputation as the new "point guard U". Will not be an issue to find good ball handlers who want to wear orange.

Everything coming up CUSE!
Yes, we should not have trouble getting the #1 guy, but that isn't the problem I am talking about. Not many Top 100's want to come in knowing that their role is as a four year seecond fiddle.

got me

but in my defense, I don't want Grant and Ennis (nor anyone else) to stick around - I want every Orange player to maximize their talents as rapidly as possible and to move on the the NBA as quickly as possible. It's good for the future of the program to have the current kids develop quickly and get drafted.

I want Tyler play well while he is here, and to bulk up and move on to build SU's reputational score. that's how we keep this recruiting train rolling.
Me too. jB deservedly gets most of the credit, but it's obviously these kids who are working/sweating harder than any coach. They are ultimately why we win or lose. I don't see how you can't be rooting for their success in every way possible. The people that tell them to stay, I hope they are saying it for unselfish reasons...

Me too. jB deservedly gets most of the credit, but it's obviously these kids who are working/sweating harder than any coach. They are ultimately why we win or lose. I don't see how you can't be rooting for their success in every way possible. The people that tell them to stay, I hope they are saying it for unselfish reasons...
I should say young men

Yes, we should not have trouble getting the #1 guy, but that isn't the problem I am talking about. Not many Top 100's want to come in knowing that their role is as a four year seecond fiddle.
Your first post gets me to thinking of the obvious parallel to the point you are trying to make. What the hell happened to Cuse in 89-90? Would love to hear how GT stole Kenny away from us. I have never heard that story. But it seems to me JB thought he had him in the bag. But goes to your point...

And if they are both back, we will be a top 10 (or better) team all season long and have a legitimate shot at another Final Four, if not the championship, and both would end up as lottery picks.

I honestly think if Ennis and Grant come back that we are pre-season #1 next year. We would probably have the best backcourt in America, as well as a ton of front court players with experience. Oh, and this kid named McCollough.

Your first post gets me to thinking of the obvious parallel to the point you are trying to make. What the hell happened to Cuse in 89-90? Would love to hear how GT stole Kenny away from us. I have never heard that story. But it seems to me JB thought he had him in the bag. But goes to your point...
Heard one rumor that the "guys" politely told Kenny that there were already enough stars on the roster by essentially ditching him somewhere on Marshall St.
GT could have cost us 2 NCs, Marbury was also a "lock" until they sent a private jet to NYC to bring Stephon for his official...
Could you imagine Marbury in the backcourt with Z and Wallace up front in '96? Good chance we beat Kentucky, even though that UK team was the most loaded NBA talent team in history(11 NBA players)...

Heard one rumor that the "guys" politely told Kenny that there were already enough stars on the roster by essentially ditching him somewhere on Marshall St.
GT could have cost us 2 NCs, Marbury was also a "lock" until they sent a private jet to NYC to bring Stephon for his official...
Could you imagine Marbury in the backcourt with Z and Wallace up front in '96? Good chance we beat Kentucky, even though that UK team was the most loaded NBA talent team in history...
Ok I am a little slow, what "guys"

Could you imagine Marbury in the backcourt with Z and Wallace up front in '96? Good chance we beat Kentucky, even though that UK team was the most loaded NBA talent team in history...
DC ? Stevie?

DC, Billy, Leron Ellis... Just a rumor I heard back then... Certainly don't know if true...
Loved DC. But Remember DC throwing an alley oop to himself in the Minny loss in sweet 16 and thereby getting called for a charge in second half? That was a headscratcher. If our own guys let Ken go then that also would be a head scratcher...

But it seems to me JB thought he had him in the bag.
he might have thought so, but Kenny's mom said she "could never send my son to play for that cold, cold man" or words to that effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom