Tyler Ennis has that Jeter quality to him | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis has that Jeter quality to him

Zcuse

Walk On
Ennis reminds me of Jeter. Anyone else think that? When Jeter came on the scene he never caused any issues, seemingly always delivered in the clutch, and was immediately a part of a ton of wins. The game seems to come easy to Ennis in making the perfect plays, in the most pressurized moments, and he makes many of them seem easy/routine…And as we saw Wednesday, he can also deliver the spectacular! TE takes pressure off everyone. Jeet always seemed to be able to do that.

Watch Ennis come out of timeouts at the end of the game, he looks like he sharing a story on the way to class, versus talking strategy in a pressure packed moment. Jeter always had that same quality like he was enjoying the moment like a walk in the park. They say on the game winning drive that Joe Montana threw that iconic pass to Clark, Montana mentioned something in the huddle like “did you guys see John Candy in the crowd.” And the rest of the guys knew he wasn’t worried one bit, and they’d win.
http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/00016306.html
The great ones have it.

I’m trying to come up with other comparables for the personality/role of the others. CJ might be the most likable 4 year player in ‘Cuse history. Part of a ton of winning, never complains about calls he doesn’t get. He’s clutch. Josh Pace is who he reminds me of, but Pace never had to be the star.

I like this comparison ... as of today. But Jeter has a 20-year body of work. I hope America feels the same way about Tyler 20 years from now.

I hate the Yankees.

But I can't think of a person I'd rather be compared to in sports than Derek Jeter. He characterized sports for my childhood.

Ennis reminds me of Jeter. Anyone else think that? When Jeter came on the scene he never caused any issues, seemingly always delivered in the clutch, and was immediately a part of a ton of wins. The game seems to come easy to Ennis in making the perfect plays, in the most pressurized moments, and he makes many of them seem easy/routine…And as we saw Wednesday, he can also deliver the spectacular! TE takes pressure off everyone. Jeet always seemed to be able to do that.

Watch Ennis come out of timeouts at the end of the game, he looks like he sharing a story on the way to class, versus talking strategy in a pressure packed moment. Jeter always had that same quality like he was enjoying the moment like a walk in the park. They say on the game winning drive that Joe Montana threw that iconic pass to Clark, Montana mentioned something in the huddle like “did you guys see John Candy in the crowd.” And the rest of the guys knew he wasn’t worried one bit, and they’d win.
http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/00016306.html
The great ones have it.

I’m trying to come up with other comparables for the personality/role of the others. CJ might be the most likable 4 year player in ‘Cuse history. Part of a ton of winning, never complains about calls he doesn’t get. He’s clutch. Josh Pace is who he reminds me of, but Pace never had to be the star.
GREAT comparison!

I was just thinking about this the other day, actually. Like Jeter he's not the most overwhelming physical talent but he has "IT" and commands respect, carries himself well, and has the clutch gene, making smart plays when they're most needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom