Tyler Ennis = Tony Parker | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis = Tony Parker

Thrill44

Walk On
The more I watch Tyler Ennis the more he reminds of Tony Parker. He is controls tempo and gets into the lane at will with a craftiness seldom seen in today's players. He just makes plays.

Yeah I see more jackson too. He is unique and non comparable in some ways too. He is just Tyler Ennis.

I've mentioned Jackson, but Ennis is a much better scorer. Totally different physique as well, but the comparison is valid with the court generalship qualities of both of them.

Tony Parker? I dunno - I was thinking more like Duncan - no flash - no mouth - just results shoved down someone's throat

The more I watch Tyler Ennis the more he reminds of Tony Parker. He is controls tempo and gets into the lane at will with a craftiness seldom seen in today's players. He just makes plays.

Ennis right now feels like Sherman Douglass meets Billy Edelin.

Ennis can and has gotten around every man who has guarded him this season. People underestimate his first step.

One of the plays that really stood out to me was when Ennis casually decided not use the screen and completely left his defender behind on his way to the hoop. I'm still amazed at how fast he can be when he needs to be.

Jose Calderon when he was pretty good some years back. Keeps it simple, will take it to the rim from time to time, Toronto actually had an efficient offence for the Calderon- Bosh era, despite having to play that big stiff Bargnani. It was the defensive efficiency (due to Bargnani, and Calderon) that was historically terrible.

Hopefully Ennis would develop a shot like Calderon did, and not be as bad on D.

He reminds me of Mark Jackson too, I think they have similar skills and play the game in the same manner. He doesn't out-athlete you, overpower you, out-quick you, nor does he try to outscore you (unless he has to) - he just plays smart, calm and in control and tries to do what's required of him to win the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom