Tyler Ennis up to #10 on Chad Ford's Big Board | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis up to #10 on Chad Ford's Big Board

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://espn.go.com/nba/draft

If Tyler ends up in the lottery of these mock drafts then the kid is likely gone. I have no qualms with kids leaving early to get paid. It wouldn't be ideal, but if he goes then I am sure it will have meant good things for Syracuse.
Player Evaluations By Chad Ford
Overall Rank 10
Position Rank 3
ProjectionLottery Pick
Positives
  • Crafty point guard who sees the floor well
  • Very quick with the ball
  • Excellent passer in the open court
  • Excels with the drive and kick
  • Solid shooter
Negatives
  • Needs to improve his jump shot from 3 point range
  • Not an elite athlete

Last edited:
Hard to get his stock higher than what it will be at the end of this season. Should take the opportunity while it is there.

Curse you Chad Ford, curse you.

Knowing that CJ, Grant, and Tyler will likely be gone next year means that NCAA tournament success is paramount this year.

Knowing that CJ, Grant, and Tyler will likely be gone next year means that NCAA tournament success is paramount this year.
Kaleb Joseph, Chris McCollough, and the Freshman on the team this year is still a top 25 team next year. However, I agree I would love Natty #2 this season.

Just as another data point, here's Ford's list at the same time last year: http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=944666

Of the projected lottery picks, 1 was a senior, 9 others ended up going pro, and only 3 came back to school - Marcus Smart, Alex Poythress (who, it seems clear, was vastly over-rated at the time), and Isaiah Austin. So the odds are not great of Ennis returning.

I have long since realized I'm terrible at projecting how players will translate to the NBA. As much as I love Ennis as a college player, I have a hard time seeing him as a lottery-level player.

I compare Ennis to Mike Conley. He is less athletic than Conley, but isn't flashy and can be a good PG in the NBA. I don't see Ennis coming back if he goes in the lottery. I am surprised about Grant as I don't see him leaving unless school isn't interesting for him. Grant is a mid-1st pick I don't think he will go before Ennis in the draft.

I just want to point out that Ford has him in the top 10 on his Big Board, but in his latest Mock Draft (Jan 23, so a few days old) he had him going #19 to the Raptops.

There is still a lot of season left before any of this really matters. He will get good advice from close family and coaches and then make a good educated decision. I'm sure the coaches will reach out for him and get some evaluations from the League. I'm sure he's focused on this season and hasn't even put any thought into his future. My opinion is he stays like trey Burke did for his sophomore year.

There is still a lot of season left before any of this really matters. He will get good advice from close family and coaches and then make a good educated decision. I'm sure the coaches will reach out for him and get some evaluations from the League. I'm sure he's focused on this season and hasn't even put any thought into his future.
This is a reasonable and well thought out post.

That said, for the mental health as a fan... time to convince yourself he's gone. Then when he goes, it's not a surprise. If he stays, you're thrilled.

But really, he's gone.

That said, for the mental health as a fan... time to convince yourself he's gone. Then when he goes, it's not a surprise. If he stays, you're thrilled.

But really, he's gone.
I'm going to enjoy the next 2 plus months of this season... It's going to be a great ride. Go Cuse

But really, he's gone.
What? Really? You agree with Eagle that he hasn't put any thought into his future? That the whole transfer from Canada and play in New Jersey was done on a lark?

His team is watching closely. There is absolutely no debate if he is indeed in the lottery. I had thought before if he was first round he had to go because he is there on a unique skill set (ie not on athletic ability - which is different from Grant).

So yes, we must mentally prepare for his departure.

Ennis is a true superstar with absuteley superior skills. If you haven't noticed that yet then your either blind or lying to yourself.

I'm not disagreeing, but I thought this year we were a little overrated to start and would grow into a top 15 team that no one wanted to play by the end of the year. Thought we were building toward a great 2015 with a top 3 preseason ranking.

Now I'm pushing that analysis up to next year with the top team scheduled for 2016. But who knows - there's a lot of talent on the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom