Tyler Lydon cut by the Kings | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Lydon cut by the Kings

When has there been significantly more? We've never had a bunch of guys on NBA rosters and it never impacted our win/loss. It's never been about that for SU to be successful.

We had a stretch of like 8 first round picks in 9 years, and still had Melo around making all star teams just 3-4 years ago.

It’s dropped off significantly lately.

so he has nothing as of today - late yesterday there was an article that he was going to survive. Now cut with no landing spot. Didn't do too bad financially but never really got meaningful minutes.

We had a stretch of like 8 first round picks in 9 years, and still had Melo around making all star teams just 3-4 years ago.

It’s dropped off significantly lately.
We had a rush of fringe 1st rounders that all jumped on their opportunity when it was open. Staying power (could they be long term NBA players) was always something that was an open question. There were never any sure fire stars in the bunch. Glad they got paid.

Also very glad to see Grant prove to be a legit NBA player. He’s got staying power.

We had a rush of fringe 1st rounders that all jumped on their opportunity when it was open. Staying power (could they be long term NBA players) was always something that was an open question. There were never any sure fire stars in the bunch. Glad they got paid.

Also very glad to see Grant prove to be a legit NBA player. He’s got staying power.

2009-13, we had Flynn go 6th, Wes go 4th, and Dion go 4th. Plus MCW went 13. And Melo was at the height of his powers in those years.

2009-13, we had Flynn go 6th, Wes go 4th, and Dion go 4th. Plus MCW went 13. And Melo was at the height of his powers in those years.
Wes had a good NBA career and Dion has stayed around a lot longer that I expected. MCW has been a little up and down, but he looks like his sticking around for another year. Johnny was obviously a bust.

Wes had a good NBA career and Dion has stayed around a lot longer that I expected. MCW has been a little up and down, but he looks like his sticking around for another year. Johnny was obviously a bust.

Johnny was - but it was an injury caused bust which is just unfortunate. He had a promising rookie year before the injury.

This has to be health related. This dude can play in the League skill wise

I thought that after his freshman year, his sophomore year showed little to no improvement. I know he has had injuries but he needs to be better than he was as a freshman to make the NBA.

are we in the business of winning college basketball games or are we in the business of developing nba players? because we haven't been good at either lately, and the two don't necessarily go hand in hand, but I'm not sure what this message board thinks it wants.

I don't know about that. His shot isn't as consistent as it needs to be to be a stretch four. He's also 6-9, not 6-11. He can't play center in the NBA.

are we in the business of winning college basketball games or are we in the business of developing nba players? because we haven't been good at either lately, and the two don't necessarily go hand in hand, but I'm not sure what this message board thinks it wants.
did i miss a losing season recently?

did i miss a losing season recently?

The bar for the program used to be much higher than as long as we don't have a losing season we're doing a good job. We're pretty consistently hovering around .500 and are 46-44 in conference play the last 5 years so even with that low of a bar we're barely clearing it. I'm not sure if the numbers would be better or worse if we included non-conference P5, Big East or AAC games.

Can you imagine the collective fan base reaction if you were to tell us that coming off the Ennis year, or any of the 5-6 years prior to that?

Being hurt his entire rookie year was what sunk him. I’d think hell be a guy close to a call up in the G league. My guess is he appears in at least one NBA game this year due to injuries etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom