Tyler Lydon injures knee; Denver Nuggets rookie out 4 months | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Lydon injures knee; Denver Nuggets rookie out 4 months

Perhaps if you listened to people's reasoning for players leaving early in the past you would realize this is clearly foresight.

One of the key reasons you decide to go pro is the injury risk factor. If you come back as a junior, hurt your knee for an extended injury, it will hurt your draft stock and can definitely knock you out of the first round and you may never get an NBA contract. (this is a scenario that has and certainly will happen again). Also, now that you are a property of an NBA team and they have a guaranteed contract invested in you they will be more interested in trying to get you back to health. Where would he be if nobody wanted to draft him after his injury.

This is one of the major reasons one strikes when they are a first round pick. Always has been. Since it's a reason you leave early it's clearly foresight. To claim it's hindsight is just being stubborn IMO.

Yep and I can’t believe how many of our guys get hurt. Flynn. MCW. Mali last year and now Lydon.

You know why it was the right decision? Because it’s what he wanted to do.
Sometimes what you want isnt always the right decision. I didn't want to finish college about 20 times but I'm glad I did.

You know why it was the right decision? Because it’s what he wanted to do.
Yup. Yup. "His" decision.

Sounds like some of our fans are still pathetic.
Awful. I'm not on social media but I would like to think that plenty of Cuse fans blasted whatever fool(s) said that. Isn't it embarrassing to have that conversation? I'm not sure why Lydon even reacted publicly but he's a young dude.

Sometimes what you want isnt always the right decision. I didn't want to finish college about 20 times but I'm glad I did.

It would be nice if you would at least try to see the other side of the argument on this and stop acting like an adult throwing a tantrum. I liked the days when guys stayed 4 years also, but I understand why they make the decisions they do.

Time will tell

To whether or not it was the right decision

Ya what else could you base it on wasn't the goal to have a lengthy NBA career

Let the bone go
17.gif

I wish I could say I was shocked by how many flat out bad people there are out there. But I’m not. People suck.
There are bad people, ignorant people and some people who are a little of both. It won't be changing anytime soon.

It would be nice if you would at least try to see the other side of the argument on this and stop acting like an adult throwing a tantrum. I liked the days when guys stayed 4 years also, but I understand why they make the decisions they do.
I do see the other side of the argument no one is throwing a tantrum just making a point. I don't think you guys see the other side of the argument.

Agreed. But on the other end, if the millions are pretty clearly not available to you, you might want to consider getting your degree first rather than jumping to go grind for minor league in the G League. You get hurt then, and what do you have? Lydon made the right move, as have most of our guys...have any of them jumped early and not gotten drafted? Most have been first rounders.

The only guy I could have seen getting picked higher if he came back was Grant. Biggest ceiling of the recent early entries and he's the unquestioned star of the 2015 squad.

Agreed. But on the other end, if the millions are pretty clearly not available to you, you might want to consider getting your degree first rather than jumping to go grind for minor league in the G League. You get hurt then, and what do you have? Lydon made the right move, as have most of our guys...have any of them jumped early and not gotten drafted? Most have been first rounders.
That is such backward thinking. You can ALWAYS get a degree, but you can't always chase an athletic dream. Go for the dream while you can.

That is such backward thinking. You can ALWAYS get a degree, but you can't always chase an athletic dream. Go for the dream while you can.

Well, the chase your dream thing is nice, but need to be prepared to do so. Everyone in their teens and 20s have life dreams.

A lot of our kids seem to get hurt pretty quickly when they jump. Hard to compare to 4 year kids though since there are so little of them now.

You can’t always get it for free at a ridiculously overpriced but still well respected school like SU though.

Going for the dream if it’s realistic bet to make a good amount of money off it is a good move. I’m glad that there is at least a better system in place for these kids to get feedback about how realistic their chances are. I still think they need to figure out a way to where these kids are allowed to return to college if they don’t get drafted.

The only guy I could have seen getting picked higher if he came back was Grant. Biggest ceiling of the recent early entries and he's the unquestioned star of the 2015 squad.

Agreed, of the recent guys. Going back a bit I’d say Donte could’ve. But given the way his pro career panned out(he really never improved and was always a one dimensional 3 point gunner), maybe it wouldn’t have mattered or he would’ve even went lower if he came back as a soph and still wasn’t better. If he didn’t improve in the pros, whose to say he would’ve improved here.