Tyler Lydon - The Complete Package... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Lydon - The Complete Package...

Not knocking Lydon in any way shape or form--but honest question--didn't he have 14 points at halftime? What did he finish with?

I acknowledge that I haven't looked at any box score of today's debacle. I just wonder, because he had a huge first half, they were talking about him having close to a double double, etc. and toward the end I saw a graphic that indicated he still had 14. Did he not score in the second half?

Again, not trashing Lydon--honestly curious.

He only took 3 shots, missed them, scored one more point on a ft and added an additional 5 more rebounds (2 offensive) , 1 assist, 2 turnovers and 1 block in the 2nd half.

White and Battle did nothing the first half (0-8) but the offense ran through them the 2nd half going 11-20.
So they flipped halves on who the offense ran through.

He didn't need to do much the second half, White did the scoring. Lydon needed help the first half and got nothing. Should Lydon have taken Whites shots the second half?
I think White had most of his points in two minutes.

Maybe playing 40 mpg EVERY game has something to do with it?

I'm not disagreeing with you but wondering if the NBA takes into account in its evaluation what effect wearing down during a much shorter college season could have in their judgement on a player's current readiness for a productive NBA career? Not specific to Tyler Lydon but players like Malachi, MCW, Ennis etc played their strongest towards the end of the season - was that perhaps a plus when evaluating their NBA readiness?

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's taken into consideration by scouts etc?

james harden doesn't play 40 minutes a game. why JB continues to think this is a sound strategy ?????

I'm not disagreeing with you but wondering if the NBA takes into account in its evaluation what effect wearing down during a much shorter college season could have in their judgement on a player's current readiness for a productive NBA career? Not specific to Tyler Lydon but players like Malachi, MCW, Ennis etc played their strongest towards the end of the season - was that perhaps a plus when evaluating their NBA readiness?

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's taken into consideration by scouts etc?
It definitely feeds into endurance type evals.

Each NBA game is 20% longer with about 2.5 times more games than college basketball coupled with the constant travelling itself which must take a toll. I know that all that travelling would take a toll on me but like players, just pay me enough and I'd find a way. :p

It definitely feeds into endurance type evals.

Yeah, except - none of these guys are likely going to be playing 30+ minutes a game in the NBA.
So, it won't be an issue.

of all the players in the entire ncaa D1 category of minutes played we had 2 players in the top 20.
and battle would likely have made top 100 in not for the flu sidelining him.

It's really not though. General consensus that I've noticed has been that most players should leave.

I've been all in on our recent guys leaving early. Lydon should go if he wants to and is guaranteed a 1st rounder but he's not even close to being ready and displays absolutely nothing that makes me believe he can ever get out of the D-League.

He's a beta and soft mentally/physically.

He's tall and can shoot. Rebounding is ok.

He needs to work on his handle, body and mentality. That's a lot of things to work on.

He's not Mali, Dion or MCW in terms of talent.

He's not Ennis or Flynn in terms of striking while the iron is hot.

He's not McCullough in terms of needing money.

Whether another year in college helps his draft stock or professional longevity obviously remains to be seen.
Some good analysis in this thread.

Bottom line: Lydon was a work horse...and playing every minute of almost every game may have taken a toll on him.
No question he has room for improvement especially in ball handling and strength.
Being more aggressive just may not suit him and you can't change someone's personality.

A lot of guys strike while the iron is hot and take NBA money.
But they may not realize they're making a life-determining choice.
Getting a few million now versus a better possibility of having an NBA career.

Can't knock someone for taking big money offer.
But I agree that a player in that situation who believes in his ability and knows he needs to improve can make things much better for himself by staying another year.
And, yes, for the Orange that means Tyler Lydon.

Hoping he's back to combine with Tyus Battle for a great inside/out combo.
Then there's just that little matter of a point guard.

It's really not though. General consensus that I've noticed has been that most players should leave.

I've been all in on our recent guys leaving early. Lydon should go if he wants to and is guaranteed a 1st rounder but he's not even close to being ready and displays absolutely nothing that makes me believe he can ever get out of the D-League.

He's a beta and soft mentally/physically.

He's tall and can shoot. Rebounding is ok.

He needs to work on his handle, body and mentality. That's a lot of things to work on.

He's not Mali, Dion or MCW in terms of talent.

He's not Ennis or Flynn in terms of striking while the iron is hot.

He's not McCullough in terms of needing money.

Whether another year in college helps his draft stock or professional longevity obviously remains to be seen.

You left out one guy there, Grant. I believe he was the one who made the biggest mistake in leaving. Dude could've come back junior year and been the featured guy. I believe he plays his way in the 1st round if he stayed for 2015.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom