Tyler Lydon | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Lydon

Dave85

Living Legend
Hopefully tonight Tyler will hit a 3-point shot. I'm not sure what is going on. It may be just a cold streak. I hope he's practicing shooting during practice. I'm sure it's not big deal. When I look at his shooting stroke it looks pretty much the same as last year. Maybe all the weight lifting changing his upper body is somehow affecting his shot. I would really like to see Tyler hit some 3's soon. If Tyler is shooting well we will break 90 points.

He's a man of the people and he knows that the fanbase is going to be lost without a 3 point shooter who they say can't shoot 3's (ala Trevor 'Sweet Stroke' Cooney). He's taking one for the team for the sake of the fans.

He's a man of the people and he knows that the fanbase is going to be lost without a 3 point shooter who they say can't shoot 3's (ala Trevor 'Sweet Stroke' Cooney). He's taking one for the team for the sake of the fans.

Who would have ever thought in million years Lydon would be this year's shakey potatoes. OMG!

Hopefully tonight Tyler will hit a 3-point shot. I'm not sure what is going on. It may be just a cold streak. I hope he's practicing shooting during practice. I'm sure it's not big deal. When I look at his shooting stroke it looks pretty much the same as last year. Maybe all the weight lifting changing his upper body is somehow affecting his shot. I would really like to see Tyler hit some 3's soon. If Tyler is shooting well we will break 90 points.

you don't say?

Honestly as long as he is playing the 3 against little teams that guard him with a guard I'm more concerned about what he does inside. I'm not saying don't take open 3's because they will start falling. I'm saying don't get an offensive rebound 4' from the basket turn away and pass out. I wan't to see him get more offensive rebounds and operate in the lane more often. Give him the ball at the FT line were he can dribble once and attempt a dunk. He's not going to drive past s 6-4' guard from the 3pt line. The smaller the teams are we play against the less of a fit he is at the SF spot IMO.

I agree. It's all over.
Joe Charboneau 2.0

Three reasons not to worry. He's a sophmore. He was the 4th option last year. He's the marked man this year. Teams are and will continue to play him as such. He had a mini slump last year when ACC play started and broke out of it as the season went on. His basketball IQ is through the roof so it may not be this game or the next but he'll be back.
We've played three really guard heavy teams so we can't really take advantage of the mismatch Tyler is once ACC play rolls around. They beat a team by 30 while playing some of the worst zone defense I have ever seen and Tyler scored 2 pts.

Once this team really figures out how to play the zone together they are going to be lights out. We've seen glimpses of what they're capable of on D. The offense is not anything we have to worry about and that's the first time we can say this since 2012-13. We may have a different leading scorer for each of the first 6-7 games. We can play the hot hand, play to different situations and last year that was not the case at all. Tyler played out of neccessity. We didn't have the luxury of a legitimate 9 player rotation. There are so many moving pieces and they're still trying to figure each other out.

This team is just scratching the surface of its capabilities. A wise man once said, "Faith without evidence". Guess what, this is faith with evidence. We know the sky is truly the limit here. We just have to be patient. I feel like we as fans are Jonathan and Martha Kent watching Clark grow up before are very eyes.

no offense Dave but you're wondering if he practices shooting in practice?

Of course they do shooting drills. I kind of meant concentrate on his shooting or additional effort. I was thinking just do something to get out of the shooting funk.

I've never seen so much over analysis of exhibition games.

C'mon, this isn't your first rodeo. We're one game into the season. PopcornI wouldn't expect anything less.

Last edited:
I've never seen so much over analysis of exhibition games.

Come on. He's gone 0-8 from 3 in exhibition and 0-3 with Colgate. We are very close to the edge of being concerned. I'm sure he will turn it around. He's just too good of a player.

Its the lack...

...of stache.

He'll score 20 tonight and you'll all forget about this.

Maybe he has a new girlfriend this season. It really hurt Cooney last year with his shooting.

Maybe he has a new girlfriend this season. It really hurt Cooney last year with his shooting.

Maybe he's adjusting to adding 25 pounds of muscle. Body transformations effect shooting in the short term. Look at Brandon Triche's 4 years here, though he was the opposite and had to cut muscle.

Come on. He's gone 0-8 from 3 in exhibition and 0-3 with Colgate. We are very close to the edge of being concerned. I'm sure he will turn it around. He's just too good of a player.

Since when do exhibition games count?

Maybe he's adjusting to adding 25 pounds of muscle. Body transformations effect shooting in the short term. Look at Brandon Triche's 4 years here, though he was the opposite and had to cut muscle.

We have had a few different of reports from practice all indicating that he was shooting it very well. The reality is that he has played 1 game and missed 3 attempts from 3. If he makes his next 2 he's at 40% on the season right where he was last year. This is silly at this point.

We have had a few different of reports from practice all indicating that he was shooting it very well. The reality is that he has played 1 game and missed 3 attempts from 3. If he makes his next 2 he's at 40% on the season right where he was last year. This is silly at this point.

Hey, I just want them to feed the beast every play.

Honestly as long as he is playing the 3 against little teams that guard him with a guard I'm more concerned about what he does inside. I'm not saying don't take open 3's because they will start falling. I'm saying don't get an offensive rebound 4' from the basket turn away and pass out. I wan't to see him get more offensive rebounds and operate in the lane more often. Give him the ball at the FT line were he can dribble once and attempt a dunk. He's not going to drive past s 6-4' guard from the 3pt line. The smaller the teams are we play against the less of a fit he is at the SF spot IMO.

Yeah, this is how I feel as well. I'm not concerned at all about Lydon but I was a bit disappointed in the one game (incredibly small sample size warning) I've seen in terms of how he approached things on the offensive end. I'd love to see him take a bunch of shots inside the 3-point line.

I said that in my OP. It may just take some time to get used to the new guns.

That's really good to hear. Nobody told me about the reports which is why I started the thread. I just wanted to hear what people were thinking.

Hey, I just want them to feed the beast every play.

I hope this team learns how to feed the hot shooter. There was a sequence in one of the first 3 games where AW3 hit two threes in the row and on the next time down he was wide open and then went to the opposite side on the possession. If AW3 or Lydon is a hot shooter they have to feed the hot shooter!

I think it is classy of Boeheim to honor the scholarship now that Lydon's career is over. He'll need it.

Incidentally, I am 45 years-old and pissed on the seat twice last week. I now order Depends in bulk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom