Tyler Marona | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Marona

We're doing a nice job loading up after the MPB legal debacle.

Hope that Marona / Trejo can contribute immediately.
Sucks because JUCO's usually pan out after their 2nd year. Hopefully Trejo can produce more than MPB last year. I remember seeing an interview with MPB last year where he acknowledged that he will be "scary" in his 2nd year. Too bad we wont know for certain.

This is a very big pick up. I think the kid looks great on tape. He is ready to go from a size stand point and coming from the Juco ranks he has played against some adults. Very good get at a position of need.

1. Marona's coach adds he was three-sport and needed a full year to dedicate himself to the weight room. Twenty pounds later, here he is

1. chris carlson@ccarlsononSU3h
    Tyler Marona's JUCO coach says the DE defies the JUCO stereotype, was fully qualified academically out of hs, just need to put on weight.

Really looking forward to following the careers of Burton, Marona, Howard and Perry, our all-under appreciated team.

Sounds like there may be another member of that group after this weekend.

Love it. We needed some defensive end depth and we got one who had attention from other big D1 programs. Very solid choice. Congrats Tyler!

Really looking forward to following the careers of Burton, Marona, Howard and Perry, our all-under appreciated team.

Sounds like there may be another member of that group after this weekend.

is there someone else we are after? i haven't seen anyone for 2013, i thought we were done?

edit: oh wow, i thought he was 2014. would be a great add

is there someone else we are after? i haven't seen anyone for 2013, i thought we were done?

edit: oh wow, i thought he was 2014. would be a great add

Are we still after (or even in play for) Michael Lasker, the big OL from Riverside JC?

Are we still after (or even in play for) Michael Lasker, the big OL from Riverside JC?

that is who Tep is referring to. I thought he was for 2014, but he is in fact for this year.

Looks like an inside player to me. Maybe a run stopping end but not a rush end

big big get, hopefully this kid can come in pick up the scheme and provide some much needed depth. Starting to feel better about the DE situation especially after reading about Welsch.

From the PS article today, I got the sense that this kid was raw and unlikely to make a significant contribution this year. I wish that wasn't the case since we could really use DE help this season. Anyone have any insight on this?

that is who Tep is referring to. I thought he was for 2014, but he is in fact for this year.

Yeah he's in the same boat as Marona, full qualifier out of HS so the 4/1 signing date doesn't apply.

Yeah he's in the same boat as Marona, full qualifier out of HS so the 4/1 signing date doesn't apply.

Yes, my understanding is that the signing date is the first/earliest date an LOI can be signed. It doesn't mean a player has to submit their paperwork on that day.

It should also be pointed out that many players who are not qualified still submit their LOI on signing day. They have until the start of camp in August to make up any academic deficiencies (re-take the SAT, attend summer school etc.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom