Tyler Roberson Now | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson Now

SU Dreaming

been real...not really

Attachments

• Image-1.png
    Image-1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Main difference is that the lane has never been that wide open for a Syracuse team.
That's true.
But it's still a mystery.
He had that one game against Duke where he looked like an All-American.
Otherwise...decent rebounder but underperformed in other aspects.
Maybe expectations were too high.

That's true.
But it's still a mystery.
He had that one game against Duke where he looked like an All-American.
Otherwise...

He averaged 9 points and 9 rebounds that year. He had a good tournament.

Chukwu had a monster game against Duke this year. Matt Moyer has a monster game against UConn last year. Sometimes those games happen.

He averaged 9 and 9 on a final four team. His soph and junior years were fine. He was a good athlete and a decent garbage man.

Pretty much every college player scored a lot in high school.

Yup. Decent player as soph and jr but had a mind boggling regression as a senior.

Yup. Decent player as soph and jr but had a mind boggling regression as a senior.

Thought he played similarly, he just lost minutes because he didn’t fit into the team as well.

This is what was expected out of Tyler R @ Syracuse.
"Mr Double Double"
He looks like a different player especially his personality & energy.
Where was this game for 4 years?
I wonder why ...

Just a few samples available - def. watch the 1st 2 links -

tyler roberson - Bing video

His pre-draft interview
He was a very good rebounder and had some solid seasons at SU but was limited offensively. He's two years removed from a four-year college career and is playing at a high level of professional basketball, so I would expect him to be a better player now. Not sure what your point is.

Looks a bit more polished offensively, but nothing crazy. Product of lazy D, especially in transition and on the pick and roll. More room to work with in the lane as well. I don’t think this is a case of us using him improperly. You can’t pack the lane like college. College teams play better D on the pick and roll too than what I saw there.

Where was this game for 4 years?
it was always here in the same spurts that populate brief highlight vids

funny i played one of those videos and the next one that cued up was "tyler roberson 14 pts 20 rebs vs duke)

point being i could make just as many highlight videos for tr during his time here.

funny i played one of those videos and the next one that cued up was "tyler roberson 14 pts 20 rebs vs duke)

point being i could make just as many highlight videos for tr during his time here.

^^^^^doesnt fit the narrative he was trying to start

Oh, Tyler! What could’ve been if only that mean, ogre coach knew how to use your highly diversified offensive talents instead of running pick and rolls for Kristof Ongenaut and Dave Siock! I’m SO sorry you didn’t average 20 and 10 here! It was all everybody else’s fault!

Just in Roberson's defense, I've never seen a kid who seemed to lose so much polish from his HS game, to where he was when he left college. Everything I saw of him pre-arrival seemed to indicate he had, and would continue to develop, a really decent handle for a kid his size, and a fairly fluid shot. What he ended up looking like......well, I have no idea how to describe that.

He went from a kid that looked like he knew how to dribble a ball to looking like Chukwu trying to dribble. My best guess is at some point we were trying to turn him into a really lengthy PG. j/k :)

exactly. someone must be bored and looking to start something up. Let Tyler rest. He had some good moments and never made the leap.

Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom