Tyler Roberson Now | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson Now

if you go in for 1 minute and get yanked each time, you will never succeed
he is exactly what this team needs - speed and the ability to take it to the hoop

but u are right - just sit around and wait for the shot clock to go to zero and / or just chuck 3's

yes - carey should be playing 30 min per night

are we winning as is ? do we look good? we suck - it is ugly and it's the coach
We suck?

i myself don't remember the dog comment. i do recall the weekly tear downs in the post pressers tho.

JB ruined this kid - period

shouldn't humiliate kids on the sidelines or on camera, should actually never humiliate kids but that's a different story, if you recall during TR's final season, JB was talking about players and there was 1 kid he wouldn't trust to walk his dog - which was TR - there are kids that do not take to the mental abuse, especially kids that have learning disabilities, certain kids need to be treated 1 way and others another way, some kids can take it and others can't - regardless every year he crushes at least 1 kid - absolutely crushes 1

Carey should be starting and playing 30 minutes per game, open up the lanes and play basketball - our offense is pathetic - we have none - stand around - time to go - you talk about recruiting - it is only getting worse - we couldn't get guys up for the game - i am talking about top 25-50 kids - not even for the Duke game -

who did we invite that declined?

yes - carey should be playing 30 min per night
What an absolutely bizzare take to not only make, but then double down on.

Since ACC play, Carey’s played 58 minutes - 10 pts, 4 assists, 12 Turnovers. And you think that should translate to 30 mpg, more minutes per game than other freshman and potential lottery picks like Zion Williamson, Coby White, Nassir Little and Cam Reddish?

Carey has talent but so clearly needs to develop. His time will come, but he just isn’t ready for the ACC level right now and that shouldnt be hard to see. How you can spin his reduced minutes to a disparagement of JB and this team is so ludicrous, it’s almost impressive.

I don’t recall JB making the dog comment about Robey. Please provide source. Thx

If he didn’t say that it would be among the only insults he didn’t throw at Tyler. I absolutely believe that JB ruined his kid. Disagree if you’d like, but JBs treatment of Tyler Roberson was quite horrible.

If he didn’t say that it would be among the only insults he didn’t throw at Tyler. I absolutely believe that JB ruined his kid. Disagree if you’d like, but JBs treatment of Tyler Roberson was quite horrible.
He ruined Roberson so much that he's now carving out time in the G League and will likely have legitimate opportunities to play professionally abroad if he desires.

Ill never forget the time post game interview JB says the only reason Roberson plays is that he doesn't have anyone else. Actually says that about a player to the media.

Maybe TR was acting like an immature kid when he played for the Orange. Maybe if they asked him, he would say he didn't listen to what JB was telling him and didn't give the effort that he should have.

Ill never forget the time post game interview JB says the only reason Roberson plays is that he doesn't have anyone else. Actually says that about a player to the media.

After a game where Roberson played the whole game and had 0 points and 4 rebounds and took 1 shot.

That caused some controversy, JB addressed it. He said it wasn’t personal, he’s a good kid. But he wasn’t bringing it that night but we didn’t have anyone else to put in.

Now, I’m generally opposed to practicing Psychology without a license. I, myself, have never taken a single Psychology course.

But after seeing SU Dreaming diagnosing the crushing impact that JB’s presser comments had on TR’s psyche, I thought I might give it a try. I got additional help from scanning an article in one of those magazines at the grocery store check out counter.

SU Dreaming has “Authority Issues” He empathizes and identifies with what he assumes Roberson MUST have been feeling (without a shred of evidence and with never so much as having met Roberson.)

This sets up an inner conflict between wanting so much to belong to the community of SU fans but at the same time deeply disliking the single individual who is most responsible for its success and is the face of the program.

Of course, I have no freaking idea if any of this is true. But since lack of any training or real information other than vague impressions aren’t disqualifiers, my wild assed guesses are as good as anyone’s.

Methinks you are in need of a timeout.
Might wanna step away from the keyboard for a bit, go take some long walks.

We have a winning record.
For the 40-somethingth consecutive year.
The longest active streak in the country.

Yes, we could be playing better.
Yes, we could use a few better players.

The same could be said for almost every college team almost every season.

You need to change your handle.
More like SU Nightmares of late.
He changed it once before...

Good grief some of these posts are horrible. These kids are going to play major DI basketball for a free education (not arguing that kids should not be paid). It is the first time in their life where they are probably not one of the best players on the court because most are used to dominating in HS. Some need a reality check and others need their behinds kicked. Not saying that was the case with Tyler specifically but these posts about JB should play Carey so he doesnt transfer or JB is a such a big meanie to this player etc are nonsense. This is major DI revenue athletics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom