Tyrone Sampson / Hassan Hall and others who never made it to Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Tyrone Sampson / Hassan Hall and others who never made it to Syracuse

PhatOrange

Living Legend
The Sampson thread is locked so I can't post in it. For those who want to know, he is not on the Fresno State 2-deep and has not played in any games thus far this season.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.si...10/22/8_Fresno_State_Game_Notes_UH_FINAL_.pdf

Hassan Hall - he hurt's because he's fast - 10.3 100m and not a smurf. LVille site lists him at 6-0 186. Would've been great for us down the road.

He's also playing running back at LVille and I wonder if this isn't part of the reason why he flipped. We wanted him to play the slot.

His stats:
50 carries
225 yards
2 touchdowns
long of 21
avg 4.5

Receptions
8 catches
64 yards
long of 11
no touchdowns

Returner
28 attempts
712 yards
25.4 avg
1 touchdown
long of 93

Would’ve been another weapon for us but I like our receiving core right now so I wonder probably would’ve red shirted but may have been a threat down the road.

He wouldnt be returner infront of Riley.

Wouldn’t be a back infront of Moe or Jarveon...definitely wouldn’t challenge Strickland’s role in calling out coverages and laying blocks.

Hell, he’d probably be redshirting, as nykheim’s asserted himself in his recruited role.

Hassan Hall definitely will be the biggest “what could have been” from that class. That kid is electric. Sampson was kind of cocky and deserves to not be playing.

Since we have this thread, anyone hear anything about Jamere Knox, I mean Jawhar Jordan? That guy's film looked unbelievable

Hassan Hall definitely will be the biggest “what could have been” from that class. That kid is electric. Sampson was kind of cocky and deserves to not be playing.
What was the deal with us pulling Sampson’s offer?

Since we have this thread, anyone hear anything about Jamere Knox, I mean Jawhar Jordan? That guy's film looked unbelievable
I'm convinced Jordan would have been our next great running back.

People also over inflated the immediate impact Sampson would make. Slayton would've ate his lunch. A center prospect who could come in and start as a true frosh in the ACC would've been recruited by Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama and Clemson.

Last edited:
That one is a mystery although I think it was grades. He has disappeared from twitter.

If you read his thread I think you can get the gist of it being a self inflicted wound by Sampson.
I knew it was self inflicted, I just didn’t know if what actually went down had come out.

Sampson could've come to Syracuse and sat on the bench lol. Smh

It's rare that a true freshman OL comes in and starts or plays even outside of necessity because from a physical development, technique and playbook perspective, it almost always benefits them to redshirt.

Had he early enrolled, may have been a different story, but best case scenario with our OL this year is probably him being a sub on the 2 deep.

He's not playing at Fresno St. and I can't imagine their OL 2 deep is that much better than ours.

Those 2 and Jordan from a talent perspective were big losses to the class. But if you don't want to be here, can't qualify, or can't keep your nose out of trouble, it was never going to be anyway.

Hall is playing for the Ville. He could have helped on specials or in certain packages. You can always use someone with that size and speed. Let's not make it easy for him on Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom