Tyus Battle is one of 10 candidates for the Jerry West Award | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle is one of 10 candidates for the Jerry West Award

Trier’s projected to be second round pick on NBADraft.net.

Again, NBADraft.net should never be used as a resource. Those dudes live in mom’s basement most likely and don’t go to events nor ever get media credentials. Givony and Ford are plugged in.

I do like Trier (well rounded game) better than Battle and Alkins more than both of them. But, yeah, it doesn’t really matter.

Again, NBADraft.net should never be used as a resource. Those dudes live in mom’s basement most likely and don’t go to events nor ever get media credentials. Givony and Ford are plugged in.

I do like Trier (well rounded game) better than Battle and Alkins more than both of them.

I think whoever runs NBADraft.net really nailed it by naming themselves “NBADraft.net” because while they have no connections and attend no events, people assign them some legitimacy because they think they have some actual affiliation with the NBA.

I think whoever runs NBADraft.net really nailed it by naming themselves “NBADraft.net” because while they have no connections and attend no events, people assign them some legitimacy because they think they have some actual affiliation with the NBA.

Haha. Quite possible. I have a good buddy who works for the NBA Channel on Sirius. He goes to lots of events including Burger Boy, Combine, Hoops Summit, Draft, etc. He’s never seen them at anything and said they are known “charlatans.”

Last edited:

I do like Trier (well rounded game) better than Battle and Alkins more than both of them. But, yeah, it doesn’t really matter.

I’ve had the same take about them for years, but they were the first site to have Mali
in the first round FWIW.

I find it so hard to accurately assess Battle because of the other SU players. 2 players on the court who are offensively rather inept (Chukwu and either Dolezaj or Moyer). A PG who is really not a PG. Little movement by players on offense which means Battle is going 1-on-1 on most possessions. How often does Battle get an open 3-pointer that is not of his own doing? How often does he get an open drive to the basket?

I personally don't think they're that bad.

I’m not sure. You may be right. I just figured they piggybacked off of other people’s work and I have a hard time trusting .net websites.

I personally don't think they're that bad.

Right. I don’t necessarily disagree with some of their player comparisons and such. But, I just know they don’t go to any events and/or get media credentials ever. It’s not like they are going to be able to pull a scout or GM’s number out of their cell phone like Givony or Ford can.

The guy who first broke Dino to Cuse had Tyue Battle going to Uconn.

So yeah.

Was that Mike Ortiz? If it was he was the same guy who said JB was going to get fired because of the sanctions I believe.

Right. I don’t necessarily disagree with some of their player comparisons and such. But, I just know they don’t go to any events and/or get media credentials ever. It’s not like they are going to be able to pull a scout or GM’s number out of their cell phone like Givony or Ford can.

Givony and Ford are guessing as well. They don’t have the slightest idea who is getting drafted or where, especially this early. The NBA teams don’t even know this early. The mock drafts are as meaningless today as the Top 25 rankings are.

I’m not sure. You may be right. I just figured they piggybacked off of other people’s work and I have a hard time trusting .net websites.

If you piggyback off multiple guys in the know I think it's actually helpful.

Wow did Battle seem to have a chip on his shoulder. Really nice game from him. He is trying to slam his name in the first round this year. Look I want each of our kids to do well so if he goes I hope he kicks ars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom