Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Battle did quite well as a freshman as the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th option. Last year he had the ball too much and yes, out of necessity, and struggled at times but it also helped him learn more about being the #1 option. If an education is his #1 priority then he should stay but if he wants to be an NBA player he should leave and work on his craft. SU will open their arms to him to finish his degree at a later date if he so desires.

IMO he should leave now, get whatever money he can playing basketball, then come back to finish his education. In his educational field (IT) he’d have to update his skills/knowledge regularly in any case.

Do you think that maybe you guys are putting too much emphasis on the current state of technology when you talk about an Information Management and Technology curriculum?

Sure, that's important.

But someone who knows everything about the current technology and little about how to manage it or how to work with the rest of the organization is pretty useless in an organization.

he BS in IM&T is 120 credits. We emphasize how information systems impact and are used by people, which is why technical aspects of the program are balanced with management, communications, and liberal arts courses. This program teaches you how to:
  • Locate and acquire information resources
  • Select, manage, and use information technology
  • Help organizations use information resources to work more efficiently and more effectively

SU IM&T Curriculum

The 120 credits are distributed as follows:
  • 39-40 credits for the IM&T Major
    • 24-25 credits in the IM&T Primary Core
    • 15 credits of IM&T Electives (including one of 6 concentrations)
  • 21-23 credits in Skills Electives
  • 36-38 credits in Arts and Sciences Divisional Requirements
  • 21-24 credits in General Electives
  • International Experience requirement

This^^^
And isn’t it fascinating that some in our fan base, actually look at the string of 1st round draft picks and somehow imply its a negative?
Seriously- its gone from:
“We’re a great and consistent program that’s produced a 1st round pick for 8(?) consecutive years”,
to:
“What’s wrong in our program that players wanna leave and go to the NBA”?...y’know, where they can get paid millions of dollars and fulfill their life-long dreams and whatnot? Why are they leaving to go do that? Maybe its because of JB’s personality, our style of play, the Zone, or perhaps the Final 4’s, Elite 8’s, and Sweet 16’s which “make” them wanna go get drafted? What could it is possibly be?
Ridiculous. :bat:
It helps to look at who is saying things like that. I'm not going to name names, [cough two3zone cough] but it's mostly the same people repeating the lines that everything has gone completely sour at SU.

Do you think that maybe you guys are putting too much emphasis on the current state of technology when you talk about an Information Management and Technology curriculum?

Sure, that's important.

But someone who knows everything about the current technology and little about how to manage it or how to work with the rest of the organization is pretty useless in an organization.

he BS in IM&T is 120 credits. We emphasize how information systems impact and are used by people, which is why technical aspects of the program are balanced with management, communications, and liberal arts courses. This program teaches you how to:
  • Locate and acquire information resources
  • Select, manage, and use information technology
  • Help organizations use information resources to work more efficiently and more effectively

SU IM&T Curriculum

The 120 credits are distributed as follows:
  • 39-40 credits for the IM&T Major
    • 24-25 credits in the IM&T Primary Core
    • 15 credits of IM&T Electives (including one of 6 concentrations)
  • 21-23 credits in Skills Electives
  • 36-38 credits in Arts and Sciences Divisional Requirements
  • 21-24 credits in General Electives
  • International Experience requirement

Well this certainly changes everything

Interesting to see some of the 2nd round projections in addition to Battle: Jalen Brunson, Bruce Brown, Rawle Alkins, Hamidou Diallo, Kevin Heurter, Malik Newman, Jerome Robinson, Gary Trent, Devonte Graham, Grayson Allen and Jevon Carter. I didn’t see Alonzo Trier from Arizon or Svi Myhalik from Kansas listed.

It helps to look at who is saying things like that. I'm not going to name names, [cough two3zone cough] but it's mostly the same people repeating the lines that everything has gone completely sour at SU.

Oh yes, I've said everything had gone sour... I liked it when we were winning 25+ games and being a force and not a middle of the pack ACC team.

I don’t normally call out posters, but based on the number of likes alone, it’s obvious there’s a healthy and vibrant Negatoid contingent here thats in agreement w/ the perpetual “We’re DOOOMED” scenario.

Last edited:
If Battle thinks he is around #47 is he still likely gone? Aren't only the top 40 picks garunteed money?

Oh yes, I've said everything had gone sour... I liked it when we were winning 25+ games and being a force and not a middle of the pack ACC team.
Yes... but why no mention of the impact of sanctions? Why the continuous drumbeat of negativity w/out bringing up the Final 4’s, deep Tournament runs w/ a 7-man team, and indeed, anything positive that’s occurred in the program over these last few years?
And maybe it’s just me, but I wouldn’t trade places w/ a UVA or Michigan State, both programs that won 30 games, but shat the bed in the only thing that matters...the Big Dance.
To each his own, I suppose- but I’m one of those pesky “glass-half-full” kinda guys, and see a bright future ahead for the program- not vultures circling overhead. JMHO

Yes... but why no mention of the impact of sanctions? Why the continuous drumbeat of negativity w/out bringing up the Final 4’s, deep Tournament runs w/ a 7-man team, and indeed, anything positive that’s occurred in the program over these last few years?
And maybe it’s just me, but I wouldn’t trade places w/ a UVA or Michigan State, both programs that won 30 games, but shat the bed in the only thing that matters...the Big Dance.
To each his own, I suppose- but I’m one of those pesky “glass-half-full” kinda guys, and see a bright future ahead for the program- not vultures circling overhead. JMHO

You can say we have a bright future, it's been said every year but things haven't been exactly bright.

Why do you see a bright future? I'm not saying we don't have one but I'm curious what you see that makes it so bright.

Nobody said we're doomed.

We're just a middle of the pack ACC team who has a fan base who is ok with a .500 conference record.
Yeah...right.
upload_2018-5-22_13-13-45.jpeg

What the funk is going on with these posts the past few days? There's gotta be something in life to make you guys happy. Somethin!
The posts are getting old, predictable and you know I try to find something positive in most posts, but jeez Louise - cheer up, guys.

that's fantastic. very well done.

I'll go out on a limb here and say its absolute non sense to pick Jaren Jackson over Marvin Bagley

and not sure how this correlates to an unreliable jumpshot:
61.4% fg
64.7% 2pFG
39.7% 3p Fg

It's true that only the first round is guaranteed a guaranteed contract. But there are a lot more guaranteed contracts to be had for second rounders than their used to be. Last year, 16 of the first 18 picks of trhe second round got at least partially guaranteed deals. (2017 NBA Draft Pick Signings) One of those who didn't, Jonah Bolden, was a draft and stash. Most of the bottom picks of the second round ended up on 2-way contracts, which are much better deals than the usual G-League salaries.

Interesting to see some of the 2nd round projections in addition to Battle: Jalen Brunson, Bruce Brown, Rawle Alkins, Hamidou Diallo, Kevin Heurter, Malik Newman, Jerome Robinson, Gary Trent, Devonte Graham, Grayson Allen and Jevon Carter. I didn’t see Alonzo Trier from Arizon or Svi Myhalik from Kansas listed.

Deep draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.