U.S. News college rankings are out | Syracusefan.com

U.S. News college rankings are out

orangeinjersey

All Conference
SU at 61, Princeton at #1. I can't find the whole list I'm on mobile. Anyone care to search

RutgersAl posted this on the Rutgers forum:

#1 Princeton
#4 Columbia
#12 Northwestern
#15 Cornell
#18 Notre Dame
#21 Georgetown
#29 University of Michigan
#30 Boston College
#32 NYU
#41 University of Illinois
#41 University of Wisconsin
#47 Lehigh
#47 Penn State
#47 University of Florida
#51 University of Miami
#52 Ohio State
#57 Maryland
#57 UConn
#61 Syracuse
#61 Purdue
#66 University of Pittsburgh
#66 Fordham
#72 Rutgers
#75 University of Indiana
#75 Michigan State University
#82 University of Iowa
#103 University of Nebraska

is there something wrong with those schools? i want su to be better but uconn and clemson are decent schools.

there are a lot of good universities out there. SU will move up in a few years

Exactly, looks to me like BC and Michigan have slipped a bit as well

is there something wrong with those schools? i want su to be better but uconn and clemson are decent schools.

Nothing wrong w any school but SU should always be ahead of these schools in any metric.

It's a major program that the university continues to fall backwards in these standings. The prior administration of this university was an atomic bomb for athletics and academics. Truly eye opening in hindsight.

elimunelson said:
Nothing wrong w any school but SU should always be ahead of these schools in any metric.

It's a major program that the university continues to fall backwards in these standings. The prior administration of this university was an atomic bomb for athletics and academics. Truly eye opening in hindsight.

Academics agree, though that's been slipping since the 90's.

Athletics...we are in the ACC and the overall athletics program is stronger than its ever been thanks to policies and emphasis from the last administration. Football began to atrophy long before Gross and Cantor. Hopefully this administration takes us back where we want to be for football.

Academics agree, though that's been slipping since the 90's.

Athletics...we are in the ACC and the overall athletics program is stronger than its ever been thanks to policies and emphasis from the last administration. Football began to atrophy long before Gross and Cantor. Hopefully this administration takes us back where we want to be for football.

please please please let's stop with the false narrative that Gross is responsible for ACC. Syracuse is responsible for that. It was a default situation by the time the record stopped and it was our time to get into a conference. We played nice in 2003 and were rewarded w an invite to the ACC. Gross probably contributed 2% to that.

I mean Crouthamel had us on the doorstep and he was not running to find another conference. The conferences were running to us.

Gross was a disaster in hindsight. It will be clearer as time goes on.

I guess to me Syracuse was always in the 40's to 50''s in this stuff. Lets not confuse it for anything more than that. A few great programs at Syracuse, good school but not GREAT by any means

I guess to me Syracuse was always in the 40's to 50''s in this stuff. Lets not confuse it for anything more than that. A few great programs at Syracuse, good school but not GREAT by any means

I completely agree but when peer schools (25 years ago) move into the top 35 (BC) and you regress that is eye opening. I know this b/c those are the two schools I pondered over when i had to decide where to go for academics.

Clemson is not ranked higher than Syracuse. They are both ranked #61. Clemson is listed first because ties are listed aphabetically.

Still, I'd like to see SU back in the sub-50 range.

Yes. good years are closer to 40. cantor knocked them down to 60. temporary blip. move up when some other school goes with their own cantor.

Last year we were tied with UConn at 58.

I have always put Clemson in the WVU territory. That is surprising to hear.

please please please let's stop with the false narrative that Gross is responsible for ACC. Syracuse is responsible for that. It was a default situation by the time the record stopped and it was our time to get into a conference. We played nice in 2003 and were rewarded w an invite to the ACC. Gross probably contributed 2% to that.

I mean Crouthamel had us on the doorstep and he was not running to find another conference. The conferences were running to us.

Gross was a disaster in hindsight. It will be clearer as time goes on.

Oh Lord

To be clearer one would need to demonstrate a better understanding of the circumstances then what you have written in this post.

Cheers,
Neil

Exactly, looks to me like BC and Michigan have slipped a bit as well

I think BC is higher than they have been in a while at #30. Usually see them around 32-35 range.

Cheers,
Neil

Sorry, I'm competitive. Makes me puke seeing OSU, MD, UConn and St Penn ahead of my alma mater. No way to spin this. 61 sucks.

Sorry, I'm competitive. Makes me puke seeing OSU, MD, UConn and St Penn ahead of my alma mater. No way to spin this. 61 sucks.

Agreed. I think we were #48 when I was there. Miami, and BC to lesser extent, were also much lower. NYU has skyrocketed.

Just to keep things in perspective: There are over 120 CFP schools, of which none of the Ivies, MIT, Johns Hopkins are a part of. There are over 300 Div. I schools and more than 4,000 in the country. I would like Syracuse to get back to teh 40's but 61 really isn't bad, especially when one considers Syracuse does not have a med school, does not do heavy science/math/engineering research and had a spell with N. Cantor and her social project vision. Syracuse will be moving upwards if Sevyrud has any say in the matter.

I believe we've dropped 13 spots in 14 years. Pretty sure we were 48 when I enrolled in '01.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom