UB – the state university of NY ?? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UB – the state university of NY ??

They should have just gone with this. Instant recogniton

View attachment 4297
Two points to ad:

1) If they used this as their logo people would instantly think of UB when ordering wings
2) Sponsorship would be easy and competitive: Hooters and Buffalo Wild Wings would have to bid on this business relationship

Two points to ad:

1) If they used this as their logo people would instantly think of UB when ordering wings
2) Sponsorship would be easy and competitive: Hooters and Buffalo Wild Wings would have to bid on this business relationship

Or Anchor Bar and Duffs, both larger brands than Tullys.

Two points to ad:

and the opportunities to spur fan interest would be limitless. They could have one of those mascot races at halftime featuring a giant wing, a giant celery stick and a giant bottle of sauce. First 1000 fans get a dozen wings, second thousand fans get celery and blue cheese etc. The downside I guess would be that people would have crap to throw which is never a good thing and their hands would be all messy from wing suace.

Let's see Nevada Las Vegas, North Carolina Charlotte, Alabama Birmigham, New York Buffalo.
Yes that works.

Or Anchor Bar and Duffs, both larger brands than Tullys.
From Anchor Bar today:
uploadfromtaptalk1374621013980.jpg

UB should stay UB. Don't be something you are not. When they were good in 08, they had decent support. If they got consistently good in the MAC they could draw 10k.

Those jerseys are an embarassment. Being born and raised in Buffalo I've always rooted for them except when they play SU/NU. I don't think anyone in Albany or Syracuse cares. Market buffalo, not NY.

UB should stay UB. Don't be something you are not. When they were good in 08, they had decent support. If they got consistently good in the MAC they could draw 10k.

Those jerseys are an embarassment. Being born and raised in Buffalo I've always rooted for them except when they play SU/NU. I don't think anyone in Albany or Syracuse cares. Market buffalo, not NY.

Though embarrassing ...

UB averaged about 13k per home game (about 2/3 the given stadium capacity)

Though embarrassing ...

UB averaged about 13k per home game (about 2/3 the given stadium capacity)

Do you think that's legit? From what I have seen its always maybe half full.

Do you think that's legit? From what I have seen its always maybe half full.
No. Honestly I was surprised.

I mean I'm not saying its impossible...

But this year was rough I thought the figures would be between 7 and 9k.

SUNY at Buffalo will be NY's DII college team as soon as the Power 5 conference break away. I don't care how many NY maps they put on basketball floors, or slogans they put on jersey's, they will never be anything more than that.

However, what does this say about SU's campaign? Rutgers, UConn, and Saint John's have all vocally reacted to it and SUNY at Buffalo is trying to copy it. Apparently it's working.

Again I'll say that this is more UB trying to assert itself as a SUNY flagship...

Rather than challenging SU for Ny.

Two points to ad:

Change their name to the Wings

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Are we just trying to draw out our staunch Buffalo defender who was trying to compare Buffalo football to Syracuse football?

Again I'll say that this is more UB trying to assert itself as a SUNY flagship...

Rather than challenging SU for Ny.

Flagship, that's funny. Flagship of what? Several SUNY schools have just as good or better athletics, as well as maintaining higher academics, although UB's academics are solid.

Here in NC, they had long established years ago that Chapel Hill would be their state's flagship institution. There are many UNC schools throughout the state, Asheboro, Greensboro, Charlotte, Wilmington, Asheville, etc., etc. However, Chapel Hill not only has the best athletics, it also maintains the highest academics in the UNC system.

As I mentioned, UB is a solid institution, but their latest campaign gives the impression of a dude having a (mid-MAJOR) middle age crisis more than anything else. ;)

Flagship, that's funny. Flagship of what? Several SUNY schools have just as good or better athletics, as well as maintaining higher academics, although UB's academics are solid.

Here in NC, they had long established years ago that Chapel Hill would be their state's flagship institution. There are many UNC schools throughout the state, Asheboro, Greensboro, Charlotte, Wilmington, Asheville, etc., etc. However, Chapel Hill not only has the best athletics, it also maintains the highest academics in the UNC system.

As I mentioned, UB is a solid institution, but their latest campaign gives the impression of a dude having a (mid-MAJOR) middle age crisis more than anything else. ;)

Mostly as being the largest and most diverse SUNY research institution would be my guess. That would make them the flagship SUNY do a wide variety of above average academic programs

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

How did this thread even get to two pages? I apologize for my contributions to it.

As I mentioned, UB is a solid institution, but their latest campaign gives the impression of a dude having a (mid-MAJOR) middle age crisis more than anything else. ;)[/q

If Albany, Stony Brook and Binghamton played the same competition UB did outside of NCAA baseball then it'd be more clear who the better sports school is.

Didn't Albany just make the NCAA basketball tournament?

Don't even try to compare MAC basketball with the America East. Last year Akron was ranked for several weeks. Two years ago Ohio went to the Sweet Sixteen and then took UNC to overtime for a spot in the Elite Eight. I won't mention the last time the America East won a game in the NCAA Tournament because it'll bring up a lot of bad memories. Yeah. That game. That game is the last time the America East won a game in the NCAA Tournament. The America East just replaced Boston U. with a Division II team because they couldn't find any Division I schools who wanted to join that conference. It's a garbage conference and you can't compare it to the MAC in the same way you can't compare the MAC to the BE or ACC.